• T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sounds like we all need some yard cards made up with the following;

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Does Indiana statute require me to carry the handgun on my person concealed or

exposed?
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][/FONT]
    Indiana law is silent on this issue; however, carrying an exposed weapon in public may

alarm some people. Also, the right to carry a firearm may be restricted on private

property and businesses by the owners. Be attentive for signs warning of restricted

areas when carrying firearms into public places. If approached by law enforcement for

official business such as traffic stops or complaint related inquiries, it is recommended

that you tell the officer in a non-threatening manner that you are carrying a weapon or

have a weapon in the vehicle and that you have a valid permit. A law enforcement

officer does have the right to inspect the permit.

I'd rather cite something with authority like IC rather than have them read a misleading opinion piece written by nobody in particular which holds zero weight.

:twocents:

That's actually not someone's opinion. It's right from the ISP website.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    So... correction: It's someone from the ISP's opinion.

There is nothing in the IC to quote. The IC lists laws (what is illegal), it doesn't list everything you are allowed to do. OC is legal because nowhere in the IC does it say you can't. You can't quote the absence of something.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Going back...a license is given after some sort of test is done (back ground check) a permit is after an inspection. I did not receive a physical I just had to pass a background check. :):

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Be attentive for signs warning of restricted
    areas when carrying firearms into public places.
    What's with all this sign talk.
    There is no way that I can see every sign that is posted and follow individual rules for each establishment.
    If I am asked to leave, I will, without a cross word, but don't expect me to stand at the door and check for signs everywhere I go.
    This is not Ohio.
    Someone owes Kirk a box of ammo or something.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That's actually not someone's opinion. It's right from the ISP website.

Opinion. Misleading opinion at that, and zero authority.

There is nothing in the IC to quote. The IC lists laws (what is illegal), it doesn't list everything you are allowed to do. OC is legal because nowhere in the IC does it say you can't. You can't quote the absence of something.

I can quote the Title Article and Chapter which codifies the general Indiana handgun carry restrictions and exceptions from which they could quickly determine that method of licensed carry is not addressed.

Of course, the onus remains upon them to find some evidence for their claim - something we know doesn't exist.

The horror. THE HORROR!

:runaway:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Hmmm... maybe while he was on his cell phone with his Sgt. you could have been on your cell phone to the ISP firearms division? I have the number in my phone for quick access. When he handed you the phone to talk to his Sgt, you could have handed yours to him and told him to talk to the ISP firearms division and ask all the questions he needed to further educate himself on IN firearms laws... :laugh::laugh:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You've obviously never been through the Firearms Division's voice mail from Hell. Speaking of Hell...

<--- Posts: 666

Muahaha!

Maybe try just direct dialing Lt. Peter B. Wood, the ISP's in-house legal counsel and bug him every time an Indiana LEO goes off the legal reservation.
    1(219) 690-0026

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    I live in fort wayne. Someone called the police on me for oc at a gas station....they came pointed a shotgun at me.... I was never handcuffed but given good cop bad cop run. Long story short i didnt go to jail and had a good time being a smart ass to uninformed police officers... So oc is fine but at your own risk. I still oc every so often, but i cc a lot too

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I live in fort wayne. Someone called the police on me for oc at a gas station....they came pointed a shotgun at me.... I was never handcuffed but given good cop bad cop run. Long story short i didnt go to jail and had a good time being a smart ass to uninformed police officers... So oc is fine but at your own risk. I still oc every so often, but i cc a lot too

Gotcha. I heard about your incident. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

treken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Stories like this make me nervous to carry my hand gun.

Those cops had no right to do what they did. You were abiding the law by all means.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    If any Indiana LEO comes at me with a claim that they can arrest me for not concealing, I'll simply calmly put down whatever I'm doing, put my wrists together, and offer them up to the officer with the words, "Then arrest me, if you have the courage of your convictions."

Rep'd
    and i hope/wish i had the courage and/or the NUTS to do this if it ever happen's to me !

Last edited:
    Top Bottom