• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The complaint form is a one page form. I bet you can even get it on-line these days. I am not sure though. Every cop I know carries one with them. I know I did. You can fill it out in crayon if you want. And attach your letter to it.

Filing an official complaint will get a response. Posting on this forum gets you nothing but my opinion and the opinions of lots of folks.

If you want resolution, file the complaint. If you want opinions, post on this forum.

It is up to you. Good luck and take care.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The complaint form is a one page form. I bet you can even get it on-line these days. I am not sure though. Every cop I know carries one with them. I know I did. You can fill it out in crayon if you want. And attach your letter to it.

Filing an official complaint will get a response. Posting on this forum gets you nothing but my opinion and the opinions of lots of folks.

If you want resolution, file the complaint. If you want opinions, post on this forum.

It is up to you. Good luck and take care.

Well to be quite honest I received something even better than opinions, help and support (from most). I have to ask though, why is it in your posts like the one above, you have to throw in some little personal jab at me? Why would I fill it out in crayon? Are you insinuating that I am acting as a child would? Please clarify your intentions because it sure seems like you have some sort of ulterior motive. Or maybe you just like to stir the pot.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well to be quite honest I received something even better than opinions, help and support (from most). I have to ask though, why is it in your posts like the one above, you have to throw in some little personal jab at me? Why would I fill it out in crayon? Are you insinuating that I am acting as a child would? Please clarify your intentions because it sure seems like you have some sort of ulterior motive. Or maybe you just like to stir the pot.
    I could be wrong but I get the feeling he thinks you have some sort of agenda and are falsely trying to impugn the integrity for whatever reason of someone he supposedly knows. :dunno:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Is there a time limit between incident and filing a complaint, like a statute of limitations?

There is no staute of limitations. But it is best if it gets filed soon after the incident. A complaint about an incident months ago would not have the same priority as one from a week ago. Human nature and all.....I am sure you understand.

t-dogg, you seem pretty sensitive. I believe I have helped you and even supported you more than most in this process. I have given you a specific way to address your complaint so that it would have maximum impact. It is up to you to follow through, or not.

Again, regards and good luck.

If this is real, file a dam complaint and get an official response

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    There is no staute of limitations. But it is best if it gets filed soon after the incident. A complaint about an incident months ago would not have the same priority as one from a week ago. Human nature and all.....I am sure you understand.

t-dogg, you seem pretty sensitive. I believe I have helped you and even supported you more than most in this process. I have given you a specific way to address your complaint so that it would have maximum impact. It is up to you to follow through, or not.

Sloughfoot, I tend to agree with you more than not on most of your posts, but I don't see you being any help or in ANY way being "supportive" by basically calling the o.p. a liar! I would seem "sensitive" in your eyes, I assume, if you responded to my posts the way you have his!
    If you "know" something about this incident that goes against what he has claimed, come out and tell us, instead of beating around the bush and saying that it is impossible to have happened he way he says it did!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I do believe most in this thread have not questioned the integrity of his posted incident in the manner in which you have either.

If it did truly happen the way the OP said it did and I have already given the reasons why I have no reason to doubt him then I would be just a little bit sensitive about some of the comments you've made as well if it were me.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I do believe most in this thread have not questioned the integrity of his posted incident in the manner in which you have either.

If it did truly happen the way the OP said it did and I have already given the reasons why I have no reason to doubt him then I would be just a little bit sensitive about some of the comments you've made as well if it were me.

Why?

Because he/she had the courage to post his perspective of the incident on a internet forum? Or because he had the courage and conviction to file an official complaint of the incident?

It costs nothing to file a complaint and might even resolve the issue for the OP and someone else in the future if the Officer learns a lesson from the experience. If what happpened, truly happened.

Again, I was not there. You were not there.

I urge the OP to file a complaint and get it resolved.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I specifically recall a memorandum issued to all FWPD officers several years ago from the Assistant Chief (now retired), clarifying that Indiana is indeed an open carry state, and reminding all personnel that persons openly carrying firearms with an LTCH were not in violation of any statutes. I'll contact the Academy and see if I can't get this inserted into the curriculum for our next in-service training block. Indiana's actually been open-carry since before I got into policing back in the mid-80s, and failures such as this always drive me crazy.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I specifically recall a memorandum issued to all FWPD officers several years ago from the Assistant Chief (now retired), clarifying that Indiana is indeed an open carry state, and reminding all personnel that persons openly carrying firearms with an LTCH were not in violation of any statutes. I'll contact the Academy and see if I can't get this inserted into the curriculum for our next in-service training block. Indiana's actually been open-carry since before I got into policing back in the mid-80s, and failures such as this always drive me crazy.
    Kudos to you Sir. Rep inbound. :patriot:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

I believe that memo was in reference to our pals IndyMonkey and ATFConsumer among others that were detained, disarmed and handcuffed.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    TF, I don't know what event precipitated the issuance of the memo, but I do recall it and may even have a copy of it in my files somewhere (electronic or otherwise). Regardless, with the increasing volume of the OC/CC debate, I don't think it's a bad idea to revisit the topic during training and try to bring everyone up to speed so we can avoid similar situations in the future.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

TF, I don't know what event precipitated the issuance of the memo, but I do recall it and may even have a copy of it in my files somewhere (electronic or otherwise). Regardless, with the increasing volume of the OC/CC debate, I don't think it's a bad idea to revisit the topic during training and try to bring everyone up to speed so we can avoid similar situations in the future.

Sounds like a good idea to me. In the end that's all I am really seeking. Don't want to hear someone else going through this or to fear harassment if they choose to OC. Thank you for the posts. :)

Top Bottom