• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    In all fairness, I feel the need to mention that that last bit is in reference to a criminal proceeding. What T-DOGG's talking about is a civil suit against the city, but will the city try to dredge up these posts and use them against him in that proceeding? Yep.

Anytime you go against the state they will use anything against you. It is included in Miranda rights, not limited to them.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Here is my critique on your letter. You were in the SW quandrant where the incident occurred. Take 5 minutes to find out who the SW Deputy Chief is, and send your letter to that person by name instead of "to whom it may concern". That person does not exist.

Your letter has way too many words and not enough paragraphs. It is also missing your attorney's letterhead at the top. Do not send it as you posted. Your attorney can help you with your letter.

The Officer took your gun and did not arrest you? I have known the Officer since he came out of the academy. He locks up people all the time. He would not have called this "Sergeant" on a cell phone for advice.Especially since his real Sergeant is one of my best shooting buddies and a staunch 2A guy and knowledgeable about Indiana LTCH. Radios and computors are in the cars for a reason. This is why I think this story has some holes in it. Just for example, he would have unloaded your firearm in a safe manner before handing it back to you and called for uniformed backup before even approaching you. But I suppose he could have ignored all of his training and experience and did what you say he did. Maybe the MSG skewed his mind an caused him to do something that is not like him.. Dam Chinese food, I know it alters my mind....

However, a Internal Affairs complaint is the only proper way to proceed and that and all your info can then be taken to your attorney so that you can win your civil suit and never have to work again.

If you were treated unfairly, I urge you to proceed as appropriate. I was not there, so I don't really know what happened there. But the truth always comes out.

File lawsuits and lodge complaints. You have every right to do so. it is always helpful to include the control number that would have been issued for this or any other Official Incident.

Last edited:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    . We all make mistakes, no need to torment somebody who thought he was doing his job.

bs.gif
    The police expect you to know the law and will jam you up if you don't. It's their job to know the laws, or to look them up.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Here is my critique on your letter. You were in the SW quandrant where the incident occurred. Take 5 minutes to find out who the SW Deputy Chief is, and send your letter to that person by name instead of "to whom it may concern". That person does not exist.

Your letter has way too many words and not enough paragraphs. It is also missing your attorney's letterhead at the top. Do not send it as you posted. Your attorney can help you with your letter.

The Officer took your gun and did not arrest you? I have known the Officer since he came out of the academy. He locks up people all the time. He would not have called this "Sergeant" on a cell phone for advice.Especially since his real Sergeant is one of my best shooting buddies and a staunch 2A guy and knowledgeable about Indiana LTCH. Radios and computors are in the cars for a reason. This is why I think this story has some holes in it. Just for example, he would have unloaded your firearm in a safe manner before handing it back to you and called for uniformed backup before even approaching you. But I suppose he could have ignored all of his training and experience and did what you say he did. Maybe the MSG skewed his mind an caused him to do something that is not like him.. Dam Chinese food, I know it alters my mind....

However, a Internal Affairs complaint is the only proper way to proceed and that and all your info can then be taken to your attorney so that you can win your civil suit and never have to work again.

If you were treated unfairly, I urge you to proceed as appropriate. I was not there, so I don't really know what happened there. But the truth always comes out.

File lawsuits and lodge complaints. You have every right to do so. it is always helpful to include the control number that would have been issued for this or any other Official Incident.

Yes, the officer asked for my gun before he sat down in his marked patrol car. When he came out of the car he laid the gun on top of the trunk, slide was locked back, action open, empty chamber, mag out. He then placed the mag back in, racked the slide, which obviously reloaded the gun, and then handed it back to me. I thought it was funny he handed it back to me loaded as I expected him to hand me a handful of ammo along with an empty mag and gun.

He originally had approached me while I was at the buffet getting food. He walked up to my left side and asked if I was an officer. Shortly into the conversation is when I stated I was within my rights. He was getting more irritated with me and asked that we speak outside. I asked to set my plate down at the table my family was sitting at, told my wife I was going outside to speak with this guy, and proceeded out the door with the officer behind me the whole time. We then walked to his patrol car which I was parked right next to.

For the record, I am not looking to retire from working by winning the jackpot for suing the city. I find that statement very offensive and a personal insult. I work very hard for a living and will retire from working when I die. I am trying to stand up for my rights. This officer and his "Sergeant" were in violation of my rights. I also don't like that someone is trying to tell me what happened who wasn't there. Do you think I would come onto a public forum that I know is watched by many government agencies and make false accusations about the police?? Not all of us are idiots, liars, and criminals.

Bottom line: I have lived a life of not standing up for myself and giving in to others, even though I knew what was right. This incident awoke me and I have decided to finally make a stand for what is right. Everything I have written on here has been the truth, as I have no reason to lie.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It makes sense for him to reload it if he planned on making you conceal it... After all, CITIZENS aren't capable of safely handling your own weapon :n00b:

And I wish I could rep you again for that last post, spot on!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The Officer took your gun and did not arrest you? I have known the Officer since he came out of the academy. He locks up people all the time. He would not have called this "Sergeant" on a cell phone for advice.

By the way, he did hand me the phone, it was the size of an Iphone with a black rubber protector around it. I know this because he handed it to me while he remained seated in his car.

Does the officer lock up people all the time for legally open carrying?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Sounds like you know him, what's his version of events then?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The Officer took your gun and did not arrest you? I have known the Officer since he came out of the academy. He locks up people all the time. He would not have called this "Sergeant" on a cell phone for advice.Especially since his real Sergeant is one of my best shooting buddies and a staunch 2A guy and knowledgeable about Indiana LTCH. Radios and computors are in the cars for a reason. This is why I think this story has some holes in it. Just for example, he would have unloaded your firearm in a safe manner before handing it back to you and called for uniformed backup before even approaching you. But I suppose he could have ignored all of his training and experience and did what you say he did.

Are you calling BS? I can't imagine the OP is making all of this up for attention or whatever.

Not calling you out, just trying to get an idea of where you're heading with this part of your post.

Given the stories and experiences with the OC folks on INGO, it doesn't seem far fetched to me that this happened.

You seem to have an inside track here, no?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have known the Officer since he came out of the academy.

He would not have called this "Sergeant" on a cell phone

Radios and computors are in the cars for a reason.

By the way, he did hand me the phone, it was the size of an Iphone with a black rubber protector around it.

Initially (especially because of the phone thing) I was wondering if it was a person possibly impersonating police... but Sloughfoot actually knows the guy??
    I'm curious how his version went down, too!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Something definitely doesn't ad up here but I have no reason to doubt the OP since he gave details and even has specific names of the officer and the Sgt. which apparently another member claims that atleast the officer does actually exist and he knows him and seems to vouch for his character and doesn't believe he would do such a thing.

If the OP were to be making any of this up he is sure going through a great amount of effort in the details which is why I tend to believe what he says.

Last edited:

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Here is my critique onyour letter. You were in the SW quandrant where the incident occurred. Take 5 minutes to find out who the SW Deputy Chief is, and send your letter to that person by name instead of "to whom it may concern". That person does not exist.

Sloughfoot is spot on.
    Have your attorney write a formal letter of complaint to the Southwest quadrant Deputy Chief.

Easy enough to do, but it won't get you the reams of attention as here on INGO.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Have your attorney write a formal letter of complaint to the Southwest quadrant Deputy Chief.

:orly:

I beg to differ. Actually if he gets a lawsuit against the city for this it can go coast to coast among gun owners and anti-gun people alike. They were talking about my case in California and the East coast gun forums.

People talk about me in Evansville that have never met me, sometimes to my face. Yeah that can be a little embarrassing for them.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sloughfoot is spot on.

Because all I really want is attention and to be loved. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom