• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    So I've been thinking of getting a Tokarev, a Romanian. Anyone out there have any experiences with this gun, good or bad. I know the ammo is not too expensive but I was wondering how the accuracy/reliability is. Wanna hear what you gotta say.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I owned one for about 1 year.The sights are very small and hard to make out.Other wise a hoot to shoot.Shoots out a big flame and has a loud report.Had a lot of people on the range wondering what I was shooting. Accuracy is good.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    I had one and sold it to a friend. I didn't like the grip angle. Everything else about the gun I had few complaints about. It was accurate, rugged, and ate everything I fed it. It also had an awesome muzzle blast, and attracted a bit of attention at the range. 7.62x25 is CRUISING!
    Ammo has been drying up, and I'd expect it to stay that way.

On the down side: It didn't have much in the way of carry safety. The way the grips attach really kinda sucks, I had mine work loose a couple times. And the ammo I COULD find for it was corrosive. All in all, it was 150 bucks well spent...and then sold.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I have an M57 (Yugo) and enjoy it. You can get a 70 rd box for $20 and shipping which I dont think it terrible. Its very rugged and for me it feels great, the wife loves it even more than I do. Every time I think about moving it on, I get yelled at and then it goes back in the safe.

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    one of the most rugged and tough surplus handguns out there, mate. And after you run out of ammo, you can grab it by the slide and use it as a hammer!

jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Awesome, sounds like a good one to get. I've since read that the velocity of some of the ammo is around 1600 fps. And if nothing else gonna use it like atlas says.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    ""Had a lot of people on the range wondering what I was shooting. Accuracy is good."" !! I have the cz 52, is a bit fugly. But everybody wants to shoot it, then they love it. You may try sometime...

snakeeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Traders Point
    I have a Polish TT-33 and love it, and the round is very potent. I've heard it was the hottest handgun round available prior to the .357 magnum coming along.

davej48

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    TN
    About 10 years ago I had a Navy Arms import Tokarov that came with both the 7.62 barrel and a 9mm barrel. I friend begged me to trade it to him for a new Ruger P85 that he didn't shoot well. The Ruger is long gone now and he still shoots the Tokarov just to make me feel bad.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My son has a Yugo M57 and loves it. He does have some issues with the grip plate coming loose but that's his only issue with the gun. He prefers to use the non-corrosive ammo. I got a real good deal on ammo for it from other dave at the Rushville show, anyone else needing ammo might want to check to see if he still has any.

jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I've seen those CZs and I never really knew much about them. I agree with you on the looks but if it works and is accurate that doesn't really matter.

jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I'm also seeing a bunch of posts about the Yugo M57 so thats good to know that they are good as well. I had only really been considering a Romanian until now. Lol that's funny dave. I totally believe you that the Tokarev out shot a Ruger P.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm also seeing a bunch of posts about the Yugo M57 so thats good to know that they are good as well. I had only really been considering a Romanian until now. Lol that's funny dave. I totally believe you that the Tokarev out shot a Ruger P.

I'd take the Yugo over the Romanian. The Yugo mags aren't interchangeable, but it has a full length recoil spring guide.

Plus, just look at the Yugo car and think about how well that was made.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom