• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I got a weird one here in the shop and finally resisted the temptation to take it home and put it in the case.

It's marked "American Arms, Inc" and comes with a FACTORY safety (Was designed that way, not the original Tok's but this one was) and is in 9mm (again factory, not after market barrel or importer add on). From the little information I can gather these were made for the Yugo military between 1988 and 1992 when they were replaced by a double stack 9mm.

It's weird seeing a safety on a Tok that actually looks as if was built into the gun rather than added on. The instruction manual is kind of cool as it is a roughly 8x10" piece of two sided thick cardboard that can be propped up or laid flat while working on the gun. One side had directions and the other side has a schematic drawing. The sights are a little more "user friendly" as well. It's flat as a pancake and really is a neat 9mm single stack. One down side is trying to find an extar magazine for them. It's a 9 shot and You can tell this one was made for export to the civilian market because it has a halfway decent blue job (yet still has a lanyard ring?)

I think you will dig a Tokarev. There is just something solid about them.

Top Bottom