• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Copyright, Longbow Entertainment a Division of Upland Hills

Another sunrise and another day that it is noticeably dimmer. The temps are holding, but that can’t last.

Everyone who had a 401K now has a very large credit to future taxes according to the seizure of everyone’s money. I’m 45 and was hoping the $532,000 in my 401k was going to be spent by me and my wife. The question that is being asked is will we get our money’s worth for the next two years or so of winter. $532,000 would do us very well in the crisis, but that is gone.

8 Congressmen, 3 Senators and 1 Supreme Court Justice were killed last night after more than a few people showed how upset they were at this theft. I don’t think that will slow down and even the press is saying they went too far. More happy news on the tv and internet.

The winter cold room is going to be built with 20 bunks in 5 small rooms in the basement. In the middle will be the wood stove and propane heater.

In the crawl space we are going to cut a larger opening to store supplies and build a water tank. The bathroom and where the sewage and trash will go when it is at its coldest are still not figured out. Some trash we can burn, but other waste will have to be tossed out. That backup plan is needed in case the septic tank freezes and can’t be used.

Mr. Spencer came to meet us and said a few of the homes down the road are putting together a group to get ready for the winter and wanted to know if we were interested. They had noticed a lot of traffic to our place and figured friends and neighbors were doubling up. He also wanted to know more about the battle that happened two days ago.

As a group, we said we are in this together and will help where we can. Mr. Spencer’s said great, and son was active on INGO and AR15.com for natural hazards threats and has moved his supplies into the equipment barn.

My son said lets have the meeting in the afternoon and we can share ideas. Erin, Ryan and Lisa said they were going to head over early to see if they could help with the setting up for the meeting.

I smiled knowing most of the county road on both sides for at least a mile on each side was being watched by people thinking the same way did.

Beth was helping all of us salvage what we could from her place. We are taking the housed down from the roof to the foundation. We should have enough materials to build the rooms and make some other improvements before the real cold hits. Two cuts and a trip and fall later and we were heading over to the meeting. Erin and Ryan came back to watch the place and said they were excited at our expanding group.

Right before the meeting started two ground shocks got everyone’s attention. These were as strong as the biggest one and that was not good news. These were much longer and the vibration was very consistent the whole time. Mr. Spencer checked his laptop and nothing was being reported locally. Dish Earth was a different story. On the same lower left side of the view another plume and red orange glow was showing up again. Something let go again, and if this keeps up the news for us will not be good.

Drudge was first to report another explosion in the Indiana Ocean. Another volcano appears to have removed one more island and the tsunami warnings were going out again. Most of the sensors in the area are not working but an 8.9 earthquake also hit the same area. The same story was repeating and any survivors are doomed. Many of these areas have no working radios, or electricity and the rescue operations are about to be destroyed.

Dish Earth was now off the air, and that was not good news. Dish network was stating the channel will be used now for emergency training and how to videos to assist in the disaster efforts. A video showing how to skin and cook a squirrel was the first show, but we know they took it off the air to prevent us from seeing anything that would make us more “worried”.

The meeting efforts focused on getting as much long shelf life foods and grains as we can. We don’t have time before curfew starts tonight. Starting in the morning that will be the main job of everyone! Tonight everyone will clean containers to hold as much grain as we can get from these handouts.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN

Two box trucks, a pickup and 6 of us headed out to get some of the food. This will be our first trip. The drive was about 10 miles. My son Mike was the driver and I was shotgun. (Actually a Rock River AR-15) and the drive was without any events. W all noticed we were being watched, and I waved to a few people I recognized. The others did the same, and the radio “barked that I hope it stays this way”

We arrived 20 minutes before our time slot and we parked where the police officer in riot gear told us to park. The sign said to “safe our weapons and keep them in the truck or holstered”. Erin noticed the grain was in sacks so we were not going to need any containers this time. The sacks were white with “USA Relief-Red Wheat” printed on them.

The sign at the first truck said that each person was to pick up 2 grain sacks. The Right index finger was to be dipped in the purple dye and then the fixing agent. The dye would wear off in 3 to 4 days and nothing else was required for ID or addresses. This was going smoothly. I called on my cell phone back home and said we needed to rotate everyone over this way to get grain for everyone. We loaded up the one truck with grain and headed back with the pickup truck. The other box truck stayed behind to hold our spot.

My wife and everyone else were ready to go in two of the other vehicles and headed out with the pickup. The three vehicle convoy made it back to the store in about 30 minutes and everyone took two sacks of grain.

A Red Cross group arrived with care packages for each of the group and others. The packages were for individuals and family packages. We all stuck another finger in the bright red dye and were ready to head home. They let us have two more boxes since the FEMA guy with the dark glasses said to the Red Cross Workers it was ok. He remembered there were two more from our group that left before they arrived.

The lines were much lighter than planned, and it people are either hiding or not listening to the radio. I asked one of the FEMA guys who said the power has been out in the area since the riots and they are waiting for word of mouth to spread that they are here handing out supplies.

The stores behind the FEMA station opened and the group sent in three to “shop”, They were only taking cash and silver coins. Every dime and penny they all had been spent at the stores. They joked they were officially poor, but knew they had plenty to trade if they had to.

Behind the Oakley’s at the FEMA tent, John noticed how organized the group that showed up with the box trucks was. He talked to one of the other watchers and said to him they are going to follow that group after they leave the store. He knew they would stand out like a sore thumb in the white suburban, but he knew it was worth it. The driver of the suburban pulled up next to John and was ready to leave when the group left.

The vehicles were loaded up, everyone was accounted for and they left to go home. The gas station was open so they filled up all the vehicles and thankfully the debit cards still worked. The armed gas station crew watched from inside. Thankfully this area of town had power, and everyone left with some cokes to drink on the way home.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN

John was in the back seat looking for the case with the radio, solar charger and the code book. He wanted to make sure they worked. In the case they all went and he closed up the tan pelican case. They followed them about 1,000 feet back and stopped when the convoy pulled into the property. No one saw the slight smile John had. They were now about 2,000 feet from the target.

He ordered the driver out of the suburban and told him to wait till he returns. The driver was in a panic because he was in “wild country” and only had a pistol. John laughed and said, “You’ll be safe, just go lean up against that tree till I return”. John drove up to the gate that had just been blocked and saw Mike getting out of the car to go back to the observation post. He had watched the suburban pull up and a FEMA guy get out and take off his cap. John said in a sarcastic voice, “I’m from the Government and want to help.” Mike laughed and up to the gate and shook John’s hand. For safety, he told John to wait at the gate until he can get Dad. They would not react kindly if the two of them just walked up the drive after what happened a few days back.

Having a FEMA vehicle at your gate in a crisis got everyone’s attention. Only one person was seen and Ryan could not figure out why Mike and the FEMA guy were laughing. Three of the men were already walking down. Mike’s Dad was very happy to see John and they talked with the rest of the group not sure how to react.

The two were neighbors about 10 years back, and John’s family adopted two of the foster kids they had. John retired from the military and took a DHS job and now was in charge of FEMA for the state. John said there is a tan pelican case with a radio by the gate that we should use to listen in on the conversations with FEMA and DHS. Do not transmit, ever with that radio. I covered the button with a cap and tape so that you don’t hit it. You can listen all day long, but don’t transmit. That is my radio, and I really don’t need to explain to higher ups, how I lost it. I’ll just get another one, and no one will be the wiser.

Things are going to be worse than you think. That last ground shock was from another massive eruption that was equal to the previous two in volume of crap pushed into the air. The planet is ringing like a bell, and Yellowstone is showing some increased activity like 2009. They are not saying it is going to blow, but it might!

If it is ok with you, I am going to add your name to the list of trusted people for FEMA. You will serve as a rural point of contact, and you will get a different radio to reach us. That radio will not be able to hear the official radio traffic. One of the trucks from the food handouts will bring you the items and extra supplies. Basically the gear is mountain type warm weather clothing, sleeping bags and some other goodies. The first aid kit is impressive and I think they will have enough for your entire group. The truck has enough for 40 people. Do you have anyone else in the area that could help us out?

With a smile he said yes and they drove off to talk to the other group down the road.

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN

The drive over to the other group was not long and so John pulled over to talk. He said his wife and kids are fine, but worried. They don’t like him out and about, and to be honest, he is worried the panic is only a few weeks away. The smart ones are locking things down and forming up groups to try and make it. The temps are already dropping up north and a cold front will be here in a few days that will get people’s attention, fast!

The old neighborhood has remained calm, but they are not set up to winter at the place. The water and sewer lines will freeze and things will be a mess in short order at the peak of the extended winter. All the homes have fireplaces, but they are for show, and not for heat. It is only a matter of time before one of the golf course bumpkins sets the neighborhood on fire.

I knew what the next question was and said yes before he could ask it. He wants to move the park trailer from the east side of the State over to my place. It is well insulated, has a wood stove and will come with a 1,000 gallon propane tank. They will wrap it again to make it livable during the coldest days, and has enough room to serve as a backup for our cold weather shelter. Under the trailer he wants to install a 1500 gallon PVC septic tank with a sewage pump. When it gets full they can hook of a hose and pump the crap away from the shelter and let it freeze dry in the cold.

The wrap he is talking about is studding the exterior of the trailer and spraying a water proof spray foam insulation that will be covered with metal siding. It will not be pretty, but it will be a lifeboat for his family. They should have enough foam and metal to do one more of the trailers at our place. After the trailer is set up, he wants to bring two of those sea containers that will have all of his gear and foods supplies.

I asked where he got all his money after we moved, because I remember him being “poor” because he had five kids and two of them were in college. He said, after his parents died, he bought the gas station and the retail strip mall behind it as an investment. It gave his family a place to work cheap gas and use the store as a purchase point to stock up of items they would need. He said purchasing most of his stuff at wholesale is a great way to save money! His wife and oldest son also had an online retail operation on EBay that also was a money maker. Over the years, they were able to get many items they needed below wholesale even after paying shipping.

I asked if I can trust the crew who will be coming to do the work. He said I can, because they are his kids. Six months ago, his oldest son got into the business of spray foaming homes and he has been very busy. Two days before the disaster he got a semi load of the two part foam and has it stored in a secure location. They will bring the ugliest backhoe you have ever seen, but it is in great mechanical shape to dig and level the trailer site. It will say at your place for other chores or projects. After this project is done, he has a few neighbors he is going to help out and insulate. He has put in a request for more materials, but that is not going to happen. I even tried through my work contacts and was not high enough on the chain to get even a response.

Tell everyone, I have no additional connections to get food, fuel or other gear. The only thing I will be able to do, is give you some information a few days or hours before anyone else. The radio that I lost at your place is the window to that early warning information. Someone should listen to it at all times.

He started up the suburban and we arrived at the other group’s gate. They were not happy to have a FEMA truck at the gate, but felt better when I explained what was happening. John told the same things to this group as he did before and they gladly accepted. We finished up and he drove me back.

The driver was not happy he had to wait two hours under a tree while at least two residents watched him with rifles at the ready. His FEMA hat and FEMA jacket stood out like a deer on the first day of hunting. John laughed and said all he wanted to do was find some people that he could trust working with FEMA. As they drove back to the group in town, he radioed ahead to make the deliveries he had promised. John knew that most of the people in the cities and suburbs will be dead in less than 6 months and frozen solid. The song “Country Boys will survive” is going to be proven true in just a short period of time.

His job was pressing on him like never before. He had always enjoyed his security clearance, but this time he wished he didn’t have access to what he read this morning after the most recent eruption. The best estimate is about 4% of the world’s population will be alive in three years. The only other person in the State that knew this was the Governor.

If everyone in this group helps out, more than half should make it. All if they are lucky!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    No offense intended everybody, but I really feel like we (someone, Mod, IDK) should start a separate thread for comments on this completely awesome story. I get excited when I get the email about a new post and immediately sad when I find out its a "comment post". Don't get me wrong, comments are great and I'm sure that Longbow loves them. Flame on (appropriately), if it pleases you. Sorry to Longbow if this irritates members.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No offense intended everybody, but I really feel like we (someone, Mod, IDK) should start a separate thread for comments on this completely awesome story. I get excited when I get the email about a new post and immediately sad when I find out its a "comment post". Don't get me wrong, comments are great and I'm sure that Longbow loves them. Flame on (appropriately), if it pleases you. Sorry to Longbow if this irritates members.

Darn, I got excited that there was a new post in the thread, but it was only you.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Psstttt....

How would we subscribe to the Thread without Posting in it?! :dunno:

Top Bottom