• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    dealer story is a crock...as has already been unanimously agreed on.
    i see it as this...you have a few options.
    1. bill of sale, ftf, handshake and deal.
    2. if you're not comfortable with that find a dealer to do 4473 form on the buyer and go that route(will cost you or the buyer a few bucks, but you could include this in yoour price)
    3. sale to a dealer and get bent over in the process and lose a deal of money.

i went thru this years ago when i was trying to upgrade a gun i had. the dealer which i will not name here in lawrence told me almost the same as what you were told. and that my gun was pretty worthless due to a promotion that was going on with the model i had and my gun was considered used. he offered me $150 for a gun i bought from him for $350 and tried telling me that i could lose my gun rights for life if i privately sold and down the road it was used in a crime...and more bs. i sold that gun for $300 went back in to his shop and told him i got 2x the offer he gave and he had an attitude told me he would not order the gun i wanted and suggested i go to pops or someplace else that carried them and get it. so i went down to beech grove and made greg a few dollars....

long story short the dealers alot of time will lowball and intimidate you thinking you do not know the laws and ways...private sale is always best just follow the advice given within this thread and you will have more $$$ in the end

hillnc01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    FT. Wayne
    To be honest, the story was from Ed Hirschy's. The way it was said is that the sale was from one engineer buddy to his other engineer buddy. They knew each other and I guess it got back to some ambulance chaser lawyer looking for a buck.

/shrug

He offered me $110 for a Mossberg shotgun he sold me 3 years ago that I paid $400 for. I may have shot 30 rounds through it since owning it. He also told me a very similar story when I told him I'd just sell it to somebody else, saying it was a horrible idea and I could end up in a huge lawsuit. If you know what you want and do the research on prices, he's not a bad place to buy a firearm from, but as far as selling him a gun or buying ammo, I'll pass from now on.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Ed can get just about anything, but his prices are suspect. I asked if he had any PMR 30's, he asked for my name and number and called me when they came in, the price? A very reasonable $650.00, i just laughed, and told him i would pass. MSRP $415.00, his price $235.00 over MSRP????? I know they are hard to come by, but not that hard, i don't see me ever buying anything from him again.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    Awesome............. I'm getting one. :yesway:

I already have a LTCH, I'm betting the CCP is more better.

Q: Do they come with a CCP badge as well?

ccw badges are only for the mallcops & tacticoolers, the real operators all wear these now...

ccwprod1.jpg

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    At first they were like :xmad:, then they were all like :dunno:, next thing you know they will be like :ar15:then we'll be like :eek:, then someone will :soapbox: and in the end hopefully we can all :buddies:and no one ends up like :stretcher:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I think it was a DUI or something but had the pistol on him and no CCW or LTCH so charges were filed because of that as well. Now the original owner/seller has to spent about $10,000 in legal fees, travel, time off work after being served.

Does any of this sound right or is he just out to make a few bucks on quick flip?

This story seems extremely fishy. What does a DUI with a charge of carrying w/o a license have to do with selling to a proper person. People don't need a license to buy a handgun. Even if the younger guy's friends/family are claiming the original seller sold the gun directly to the younger guy, what outstanding felonies are there? This example makes no sense at all.

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    I bought my pistol through a private sale. Just get a bill of sale and your covered, he's just trying to scare you in selling to him. Go through Gunbroker.com too if you want, good site.

Top Bottom