• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It has nothing to do with keeping the hem of my robe clean, but my conscience.
    "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph in the world is that good men do nothing"

You can support evil both by action and inaction, and if you will only vote for those who have no taint of evil, there is one and he's coming back - but I don't know when

It might be better to vote for the least imperfect option who can actually win in the interim

Voting is pretty much a zero sum game

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph in the world is that good men do nothing"

You can support evil both by action and inaction, and if you will only vote for those who have no taint of evil, there is one and he's coming back - but I don't know when

It might be better to vote for the least imperfect option who can actually win in the interim

Voting is pretty much a zero sum game
    A vote belongs to Ceaser, we were commanded to render unto Ceaser that which is Ceaser’s…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Who determines which candidate this is? The person casting a vote?
    The people that criticize your vote?
    Preferably people who understand that 4% doesn't cut it, but if you want to substitute Your Truth™ for the truth, it is still a free country. The wholesale throwing away of votes hasn't quite destroyed that yet

But voting predominately to keep your hands clean is arguably what has gotten us where we're at

"Preacher was talking there's a sermon he gave
    He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved
    You cannot depend on it to be your guide
    When it's you who must keep it satisfied"

Bob Dylan, Man in the Long Black Coat

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I get time I'll read the whole thing later. I get that he thinks he did the rgiht thing based on what he knew when he made the decisions. The key is with what he knows now, would he make the same decisions next time?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I use to have a problem with people who didn’t vote. At age 62 I now understand why they don’t. I use to have a problem with people throwing away their vote on a 3rd party write in, until I did with Romney vs Obama. I remember a preacher once saying as the family goes, so goes the church, as the church goes so goes the country, as the country goes so goes the government. And God gives us the President we deserve, good or evil, he is a mirror image of the people. I also remember Rand Paul saying neither party has the answers to Americas problems. What this country needs is a spiritual revival from God. I agree with all this because the families are for the most part are a mess and I know the churches are, have had 3 different former pastors tell me this recently but I already knew years ago. It seems these days a vote for a democrat is a vote for a communist and a vote for a Republican turns out to be a vote for a democrat. We probably deserve this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If I get time I'll read the whole thing later. I get that he thinks he did the rgiht thing based on what he knew when he made the decisions. The key is with what he knows now, would he make the same decisions next time?
    “I don’t have any regrets because I was operating with the information that I had at the time,”

That’s a copout. His statement makes it sound like he thinks it was a wrong decision that he justifies by not knowing any better. If he’s not looking for excuses, wouldn’t he at least regret not knowing any better?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    “I don’t have any regrets because I was operating with the information that I had at the time,”

That’s a copout. His statement makes it sound like he thinks it was a wrong decision that he justifies by not knowing any better. If he’s not looking for excuses, wouldn’t he at least regret not knowing any better?
    As with Trump, it wasn't a copout at first. That's legitimate. But after a couple of months when the information started to change, it became a copout and they should've changed course.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    As with Trump, it wasn't a copout at first. That's legitimate. But after a couple of months when the information started to change, it became a copout and they should've changed course.

Yep, then it became "I screwed up but I'm going to continue saying I was right all along, despite mounting evidence to the contrary".

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    A politician who screwed the pooch with his response to covid but continues to double down on how "perfect" it was. Where have I heard that before?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A politician who screwed the pooch with his response to covid but continues to double down on how "perfect" it was. Where have I heard that before?
    Similar. One if them tacitly admits that in hindsight it was a bad decision. The other preens about the mistake as if we all don’t know better now.

Top Bottom