• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So at the age of 18 you would deny me the ability to attach myself to the GOP to run for a local office as a conservative?
    Choosing not to vote =/= not having the ability to vote. So its an apples to oranges comparison. He could have, he just chose not to. Not the same as an 18YO.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Choosing not to vote =/= not having the ability to vote. So its an apples to oranges comparison. He could have, he just chose not to. Not the same as an 18YO.
    But their rule applies equally. The point here is a party turning a candidate away then as we all know, they and their supporters will cry until the cows come home that running as an independent took votes away from the Republican candidate when the cause was squarely on the shoulders of the GOP.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    In 2020, Republican representative Mariannette Miller-Meeks won her first election to the house BY 6 VOTES. Hopefully people would recognize a close race existed and not pull stupid :poop: but I hope you can see that should a race turn out closer than expected protest voting could really **** things up. She was re-elected and represents 1/5 of the current margin of 'victory' for republicans in the house. Had things turned out differently it would be a high price to pay so people can feel good about themselves. The ones who 'protest vote' have already had more than enough practice in that area

Boebert won by just 546 votes out of 300000+ (0.17%). If enough people come down with the vapors because a person half the age of the average INGOer got busy in a theatre and voted for themselves or any other candidate with no chnace in that district that could easily be another 1/5 of our margin in the house. Keep in mind just how horrible things have been when Democrats control anything and remember NUMBERS of representatives and senators are important. No matter how pastel their Stars and Stripes are, a milquetoast republican is almost always better than ant democrat

Even a Mitt Romney is useful for obtaining at least for the majority leadership in the senate, which provides real power

Keep in mind that razor thin margins are what the Romneys of the world seize on to magnify their own self-importance. The greater the majority the less power any one member can exert
    Maybe the lack of real pain to the citizens is why the GOP continues to get by with poor candidates on the ballot. Maybe things will continue as they are because the pain is tolerable by the masses…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    sitting at church today in the booth and I looked down at a promo pen we got during the pandemic
    [orthodontist name]
    Mask up!
    Stay Safe!

:xmad: Really put me in a bad mood for a minute reading that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But their rule applies equally. The point here is a party turning a candidate away then as we all know, they and their supporters will cry until the cows come home that running as an independent took votes away from the Republican candidate when the cause was squarely on the shoulders of the GOP.
    I agree, an 18YO should be exempted. At the very least. But if you cant be bothered to vote regularly, do you deserve to represent us?

So it gets repealed. What if you get somebody that has voted in the past as a Dem but decides to switch partied because they know they'd get primaried and know the Republican is like our favorite Marine want a shot at the office anyway because he thinks that guy isnt well liked. If they get the nomination and make it all the way, they are likely to be a RINO anyway. So removing the rule entirely could backfire. Or you could end up like those of us in Indy with Bored Rich Guy(tm) as our choice that is a carbon copy of the Democrat.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I didn't understand a lot of that.
    Not sure what you didnt understand. At the time he was giving out promotional ink pens with his name and number on them and he added for us to mask up and stay safe.

That pen ended up at church on my desk in my work space and I looked down and read the pen. I hadnt read it before today.

Reactions: oze

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I agree, an 18YO should be exempted. At the very least. But if you cant be bothered to vote regularly, do you deserve to represent us?

So it gets repealed. What if you get somebody that has voted in the past as a Dem but decides to switch partied because they know they'd get primaried and know the Republican is like our favorite Marine want a shot at the office anyway because he thinks that guy isnt well liked. If they get the nomination and make it all the way, they are likely to be a RINO anyway. So removing the rule entirely could backfire. Or you could end up like those of us in Indy with Bored Rich Guy(tm) as our choice that is a carbon copy of the Democrat.
    This is precisely why the rule exists.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

I understand and agree it is an issue. What stops me from voting in the GOP primaries every election and picking the worst candidate and then voting straight dem in the general election?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure what you didnt understand. At the time he was giving out promotional ink pens with his name and number on them and he added for us to mask up and stay safe.

That pen ended up at church on my desk in my work space and I looked down and read the pen. I hadnt read it before today.
    I was lost with the concept of a pen and a booth at church. The only thing I could come up with was that you were taking notes on the confessional. Never mind. Carry on.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    One more reminder that Todd Young did not have any challengers in the primary because the party wouldn't allow it.
    Then the party needs to be reined in. It should not be up to them, although the requirement that a candidate be active in party politics for a while in order to run as an R doesn't bother me

Not familiar with the details on Young but they shouldn't be able to force an unopposed run

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One more reminder that Todd Young did not have any challengers in the primary because the party wouldn't allow it.

And voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.
    They’re all evil. It’s always a least evil choice. Said another way, no one is perfect. You vote for least imperfect.

Top Bottom