• ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Probably a good payday at some point. But anyway an employer cannot legally fire you for filing a complaint for discrimination against protected classes, which religion is.
    That is in theory. All they have to do is say it was for any other reason. Then you would be forced to go to court, pay tons of costs, and take your chances.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Probably a good payday at some point. But anyway an employer cannot legally fire you for filing a complaint for discrimination against protected classes, which religion is.

I am not a fan of the ACLU, but would like to see them jump on the band wagon and take it on without naming anyone

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It's not that easy. They would have to have documentation backing up why they fired them.
    That is in theory. All they have to do is say make up documentation it was for any other reason. Then you would be forced to go to court, pay tons of costs, and take your chances.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That is in theory. All they have to do is say make up documentation it was for any other reason. Then you would be forced to go to court, pay tons of costs, and take your chances.
    Do you have ANY examples of something like that happening?

I have seen examples of the exact opposite. People not being fired even when there is cause for fear of a lawsuit.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Do you have ANY examples of something like that happening?

I have seen examples of the exact opposite. People not being fired even when there is cause for fear of a lawsuit.
    Well, sort of.
    If you look at all the US Army Generals that obummer fired you will see they had documentation of every little thing they did that could be used against them. They were really fired for their politics but the documentation says different.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's not that easy. They would have to have documentation backing up why they fired them.
    It would definitely have to be for cause if there’s a discrimination accusation. But, I would agree that the Biden EEOC might not be as eager to take up the cause of a Christian complaint against religious discrimination as it would a
    BIPOC filing a discrimination claim.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, sort of.
    If you look at all the US Army Generals that obummer fired you will see they had documentation of every little thing they did that could be used against them. They were really fired for their politics but the documentation says different.

That is with cause then. They didn't just make up a bunch of stuff. You may not like the stuff, but it was real.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

TapRackDingus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2023
    Oakland County, Michigan
    My opinion may be controversial but I stick by it.

Whether masks do anything or not is still up in the air for me, and is mostly irrelevant.

I would want my surgeon or doctor to wear a mask (and I had surgery)- but that could be a fallacious counter-argument.

I will wear a mask if I AM ASKED to wear one. Whitmer demanded it with the full force of arrest in Michigan and I did not comply with the power grab.

I will leave if I am commanded, ordered or someone demands I wear it.

If you wear a mask for any reason, I won't judge you.

If you decided to not wear a mask for any reason, or choose to not vaccinate (or vaccinate) for any reason, I will not judge you.

I personally no longer wear one in day to day life unless a customer asks or I am in a hospital or medical facility.

I have had the vaccine and one booster- and other than feeling like crud for two days after have noticed no changes to my body or mind.

In my immediate family, 3/4 contracted COVID-19. I was the one who never contracted it. In my extended family, there were half a dozen who never got it, including me.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    My opinion may be controversial but I stick by it.

Whether masks do anything or not is still up in the air for me, and is mostly irrelevant.
    There are scores of thread pages here on INGO discussing it. I won't rehash them all here.

I would want my surgeon or doctor to wear a mask (and I had surgery)- but that could be a fallacious counter-argument.
    That's a completely different scenario that has zero bearing on the efficacy of non-symptomatic people wearing masks on the transmission of a virus.

I will wear a mask if I AM ASKED to wear one. Whitmer demanded it with the full force of arrest in Michigan and I did not comply with the power grab.
    I'm pretty much past that. I'll wear one if legitimately required. Even the hospitals around here, as far as I can tell, have given it up.

I will leave if I am commanded, ordered or someone demands I wear it.
    I won't make a scene or get trespassed. I'll go about my business, minding my own business, and affording others the same.

If you wear a mask for any reason, I won't judge you.
    I still occasionally see people wearing masks. Sometimes I'm even tempted to judge them. But then, I remind myself that they're minding their own business, and that I shouldn't waste any time or thought on the choices or actions of others that have no bearing on me. And then I go about my day.

If you decided to not wear a mask for any reason, or choose to not vaccinate (or vaccinate) for any reason, I will not judge you.

I personally no longer wear one in day to day life unless a customer asks or I am in a hospital or medical facility.
    I am not compelled by anyone asking me to wear a mask. I ignore such requests.

I have had the vaccine and one booster- and other than feeling like crud for two days after have noticed no changes to my body or mind.

In my immediate family, 3/4 contracted COVID-19. I was the one who never contracted it. In my extended family, there were half a dozen who never got it, including me.
    I am vaccinated and boosted (once), because my work function required it. I work in the pharma industry - even helped clients producing Covid therapeutics and vaccines. I did it because I believed in the work, and in the need to get those therapeutics and vaccines to people who needed them. In the end, it is clear that, except perhaps for those most at-risk, the vaccine accomplished nothing. It did not prevent transmission or infection. It appears to have provided less immunity than convalescence. And even worse than trampling on individual rights through compelled vaccination, it sure looks like trial data were withheld and possibly even fraudulently produced.

But those are topics better discussed in the current vaccine thread.

Top Bottom