• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I usually bring up an AK47 measurement when she wants to buy something. I'll say something like "Holy ****! I could buy x AK-47's for that amount!" It helps to put things in perspective for her.

Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Whats a man without a hobby he enjoys? I say if your able to provide and shelter your family, your more than entitled to having a gun collection. It's only fair!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I build my collection up it is worth something and has in the past, saved my bacon when things get rough. It will do so in the future I am sure. It is a cycle. My wife is aware of this and is also aware that most of the discretionary things she buy's are worth nothing if things go south. I keep the lights on and the gas tanks filled. If need be I will sell off the guns to maintain food in the fridge.

arsenal69

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    keep the guns and get rid of the old lady......JUST KIDDING! just keep her in the dark of what you already have and when you get something new she will never know

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    My wife didn't grow up with firearms like I do, so she doesn't appreciate them as much, but she supports my addiction when we have some extra $ :)

Mine is the same way, she is supportive, until she's not happy about something, then it comes back in my face. :scratch:

"Why do you need so many guns? Seriously?" she asks. I reply "Because I CAN." But she knew that on our first date. I told her then, if you have a problem with my guns, we don't need to waste each other's time. (or something to that effect)

Good luck!

turn n shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I think that it is pretty much "universal" that wives complain about our guns. My wife has been complaining for over 40 years now.

It helps if you buy a couple for "her." Tell her about you being concerned when she is home alone, and how this gun is hers, and that it "fits" her, and it is always where she can get to it.

However, if your passion for guns keeps you from properly paying the bills, and providing for your wife and children the way that they should be. THEN you have too many guns.

Best Wishes,
    Tom

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Again....include her, support her, do nice things with and for her. See to her needs sometime. I cook when possible. Sunday Breakfast always while she sleeps or rests.
    After Breakfast this morning we are driving 1 hr. north to pick up a Remington 1100 from a friend in need. I do not need the gun but he is sick and needs the money. I have a buy back on these deals. There are a few of these in the safe. She supports my addiction and I let her
    "SHOP" Win Win ......................:rockwoot:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My new GF is good with them. She's been out of it for a while, but she's a shooter. That's not why I'm keen on her, but it's sure a bonus :)

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    once i found out my new wife liked guns. first thing we did was to get a safe. then started filling it
    glock 19
    keltec pf 9
    kahr cw 9
    springfiled xd 45
    glock 30
    ruger lcr 357
    mossburg 12 ga
    smith & wesson M&P 15-22

old timer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    mor guns less wife

Tell er go fetch sum moor firewud cause yur taking her yunger sistur tu loke at sum mor guns in da town done the rode, she mite coom rond tu your way of thinkin that way.

Top Bottom