• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    My wife is ok with me buying whatever I want as long as the budget allows. I get all the bills paid and her and the kids have everything they need and most everything they want. She see's no problem with me adding to my one and only hobby.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    "to many"...? You mean "too many"? Wait... "too many"..."guns"? "too many guns"? Switch-hook paper truck. Um... Damn, you've got me speaking nonsense now too. Those words just don't go together in that order. Go lay down for a while; I think you need some rest. Come back when you can make some sense, boy.

ramman67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    bryant IN
    guns

I didnt think u could ever have enough guns either .You need different guns for different things like hunting guns home defense guns target shooting guns carry guns and the guns you need just because you want them.

Shibby575

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    NE IN
    The shoe and purse thing seems to work alot. I try to buy my wife a fancy purse or shoes or some jewelry from time to time. She doesnt question what's in the vaults. So buy another vault and do t show her what's in it as you've had all of them for years if it's an issue. Try the fancy **** for her first though

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Tell her no such thing as too many guns or ammo then tell her to make you a sandwich. :)

or a cup of coffee
    th_cof1.gif

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have found the degree to which she feels I listen to her to be directly related to the time we spend engaged in my favorite activity in the world! So, sell a gun or two if you have to!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With a new "Old Lady" you will have to replace half of your guns.

Oh yeah, been here and so true. Let her do something nice or get her involved.
    My darling wife of 31 years (#3 by the way...first 2 did not like whatever hobby I was involved in at the time) was convinced that Tattoo's Harley's and Guns were for trailer trash. It took some patience and time but she has a sweet tattoo, has owned her own full size Harley and I have a nice gun collection.
    I have sold some off during lean times but have rebuilt.

eblevins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    guns are a investiment

If you put your money in the bank you will gain a little interest. If you buy a cool gun you can take it to the range and get a lot of interest. Oh yea good guns go up in value. My favorite excuse is if I spend my money on guns iwont be able to run the bars.

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Just slow down and take a few deep breaths. Cool calm thinking is the way out of this situation. You just need to find a compromise that lets you both get something you want.
    My wife has never said I have to many guns although she did hand me the bank statement from November and a stack of bills and said since I spent all my money on guns and ammo last month and she paid the bills it was my turn to pay the bills for December. Guess what she bought, a bunch of other gun related stuff. Mean while I paid all the bills and bought most of the Christmas presents. This frees me up for January and the 1500 cause it is now her turn to invest in the non fun stuff.

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    my wife went to hide some xmas presents in the safe because of the sneeky 3 and 7 year olds we have and came to me and asked why i need 39 guns..I went to her closet and asked her why she needed 17 coach purses...She laughed and walked away

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    His wife is just tired of looking at them in the giant display case in the living room. The problem is she can see all the guns he has.

Steve you need to hide them and she will never know how many you have.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    AJG 357 is right! Why does she know how many you have? She just needs to know where hers is, if she is not happy with your collection.

Of course, Shimbui was right in his post earlier - if your hobby gets in the way of paying bill or business, you are not doin it right.

Top Bottom