• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I do not know what the answer is, but I do know it does not involve divorce or dishonesty.

That being said, one theme that came up several times is once you have the "need" spending figured out, then each of you should have some rough amount of allowable "want" spending with no judgments or nagging. Space issues and such can come up and with guns, there is the secure storage issue, but that should be dealt with separately from what your hobbies are...

Disclaimer: I have never been married. Take my advice at your own risk.

dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    I think this is a common issue with most married men. not to say that it may not happen for women in the same situation just don't know of any personally where the woman is the one with the guns. lol. I know mine is always on me about my gun buying but just buy the let her vent it blows over and if its too big of a problem for her i'm sure she can find the door. you can never have too many guns in my opinion.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    My wife is ok with me buying whatever I want as long as the budget allows. I get all the bills paid and her and the kids have everything they need and most everything they want. She see's no problem with me adding to my one and only hobby.

Same here! My wife is an awesome woman! She actually likes going to the range and slinging lead so she gets it. Plus, she hates Obama and worries that he is going to bring down the economy so we will need ammo and guns!

Pet peeve alert!

The "old lady" is your mom, your "lady" is your wife. Just like your "old man" is your father. Sorry!

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Every time my wife sees a gun in my hands she asks "when did you get that" . Always the same answer "at least 3 years ago". works better than "what gun" or "its really none of your business". She has never even asked to look in my safe . God help me if she does.

fireman28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    I'm lucky. My wife grew up in a house where her mom bought her Dad a gun for christmas and birthdays, and her dad is the go to guy if you need money and want to sell your gun. He buys and never sells. No one has any idea how many guns he has. His problem is running out of rooms to put safes in.
    My wife just wonders why we don't have more guns.lol. We are starting to work on that since our income is finally allowing it.

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    I'm lucky that my wife enjoys shooting also, but even then she thinks im going a little overboard with the guns. And then I kindly remind her how much it costs to feed her horses. 

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Or, you can do what I did. Refinish one gun and then go on and on about how much fun that was. Then, the next time she sees something she does not recognize, just tell her you refinished an old gun. That will buy you some time.

.458socomhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Tipp Co
    Told mine I could buy guns or use that extra money on hookers and blow.... She has no problem with my gun purchases anymore...

Haha.

I agree with former posters. As long as bills are being paid, I don't see the harm. Does she have control issues?

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I just reminded my ol lady that my guns where there before her and will be long after her.

Top Bottom