• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    why titanium? because titanium and cheap don't really go together. I'm guessing your wanting it for rust issues? titanium IS impervious to rust but it is also expensive, soft, doesn't hold an edge that great, and is hard to sharpen. I would suggest something in the spyderco salt line. Spyderco SALT Models - Knifecenter.com .

Last edited:

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    If you are diving clear ocean resort type diving any major mfg knife will do.
    You will probubly be asked to leave it on the boat,way to much amature coral damage.
    If you plan to dive the great lake area take tylers advise and step up to spyderco. Reason, many fishermen use steel leaders, get tangled in that mess on some wreck and you'll be glad you did. Go see Elwood Hamm at indy diver supply west he's a gadget guy.
    I'm still using a rubber sheath DACOR crome plated tool thats 30yrs old.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    why titanium? because titanium and cheap don't really go together. I'm guessing your wanting it for rust issues? titanium IS impervious to rust but it is also expensive, soft, doesn't hold an edge that great, and is hard to sharpen. I would suggest something in the spyderco salt line. Spyderco SALT Models - Knifecenter.com .

Beat me to it, I'd rep you if I could, but I apparently must spread it around before repping you again....

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    unless you HAVE to have Ti for a reason, skip it. you won't find a Ti knife for inexpensive. the salt line is great, as pointed out, but i point to a very well documented diver with a passion for knives. if you would SEE his EDD knives, you would freak out. and they are plain old steel. beat to crap, been fixed a billion times, and broken a few. but they are sttel, and never a complaint on its performance. rust proof? no. dependable? yes. can you clean a prevent rust? yes.

Top Bottom