Tired of any firearm bashing, it's just plain stupid....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Plain and simple, tired of seeing it, tired of hearing it. I've owned Sig's, Glock's, Taurus's, Springfield's, Hi-Point Carbines and others. They all went bang when the trigger was pulled and was confident that they would protect me if needed to be used.

Guys it's just a matter of personal preference and what he/she can afford, plain and simple. if you have a problem with a brand, chalk it up as one you won't purchased again, but don't berate a person on their choice.

So in the spirit of brothers in arms united in a common cause for the RTKB arms, let's try and remember that if we are in trouble, it just might be that person who own's one of those firearms that was bashed that comes to the rescue of one of us or another in a time of dire need!
    :patriot::ingo:

:soapbox:

:ranton:

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I agree. There are some brands I won't buy just because I don't like the looks, feel or features of. They may be great guns but just not for me. I have never put down any brand. Now thats not to say that I won't tell of a problem I've had with one but, I would never bash someone's choice of weapon. To each their own.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Gee whiz, If there were one perfect gun, we'd all have one, and it would be a bit boring. Variety makes our firearms pastime interesting. I don't mind hearing about your firearms, until you start berating me for the firearms I own.

R E L A X :):

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    IM tired of these threads crying about glock bashing and such.... I have a 5yo If I want to hear some on cry Ill just take his toy guns away...... These threads are pointless and borring! Fighting fire with fire only makes more fire.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Well said beerman!

It reminds me of the musician's forum I belong to. Some gear snobs but most are kinda like: "It doesn't matter what you play, it's that you play."

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I agree. There are some brands I won't buy just because I don't like the looks, feel or features of. They may be great guns but just not for me. I have never put down any brand. Now thats not to say that I won't tell of a problem I've had with one but, I would never bash someone's choice of weapon. To each their own.

Exactly, I even used to have a Glock 23 that was my dad's, great shooter, but got rid of it because I was not a fan of the trigger action safety. Sold a Sig 229 in .357 sig that was his also that had a hair trigger so bad you breathed on it and it went off, regret to this day for selling it now that I'm more experienced.

Sorta like shoes also.... prefer Converse for my everyday use because of the arch support and Reebok to play basketball in.

All kinds of flavors and we need to stop bashing each other for their OWN
    personal choice.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well said beerman!

It reminds me of the musician's forum I belong to. Some gear snops most are kinda like: "It doesn't matter what you play, it's that you play."

Fixed this to fit the thread!
    "It doesn't matter what you shoot, it's that you shoot." :ingo:

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I have fun teasing certain people at times, if people take what I say personally then they may not have a sense of humor and I'll take notes.

I will never seriously trash a person's choice. I work for my money as to others so I'm not going to **** on someone's decision.

I have had times where all I could afford was a $200 used J-frame.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I agree 1,000% with this thread. I can't stand to read some know-it-all come into a thread and start talking trash about something he read some where about some gun that he thinks some one owned and then post it as if it was gospel. EVERY manufacturer (not just gun makers) has turned out a turd every once in a while. To me when I read someone trashing another gun maker it sounds like they are more trying to justify what they bought instead of offering something positive. I stopped frequenting several forums because of this issue. It would seem that every time some one would post about another maker, the same 4 or 5 members would show up and gang up on them with the same old half truths or tired examples and when you offered proof to refute them they would gang up on you.

Thats why I love this forum, it seems to either not be tolerated or hoosiers are just nicer and more tolerant of others gun choices :ingo:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think it's fine to poke at each other in good fun about different guns, but at times it does get to be a little over the top. People make different choices for different reasons -- variety is the spice of life.

It's okay for us all to have opinions. In fact, we are often asked to give our opinions of different guns, gear, etc. It doesn't have to get personal, though. We have a really nice atmosphere on this forum and I hope it always stays that way.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I like to shoot and I can really only afford cheaper guns if I want to have a little variety and ammunition to use them. I would rather have nicer stuff, but the cheaper ones are still enjoyable to me and in my budget.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I think it's fine to poke at each other in good fun about different guns, but at times it does get to be a little over the top. People make different choices for different reasons -- variety is the spice of life.

It's okay for us all to have opinions. In fact, we are often asked to give our opinions of different guns, gear, etc. It doesn't have to get personal, though. We have a really nice atmosphere on this forum and I hope it always stays that way.

Most of the bashing is just light hearted banter. If people walk into these threads thinking everyone is serious, they don't understand humor.
    Besides if you don't have the exact same guns as I do, how smart could you possibly be anyway? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Well, we really need to clarify a few things though. Some people on here say it is bashing if you say you don't like brand X or a feature of brand X. Some people here it is bashing if you say something facetious that basically amounts to teasing. If that is the case you are just going to have to get over. Just lighten up. We also have to allow for people who are genuinely concerned about the design of any particular. I'm not going to say to someone to quit bashing my firearms simply because I like them. That is, of course, if it isn't misinformation. What I am saying is people have just as much right to not like a particular firearm and say so as you do to like that firearm and say so. Especially in the threads where people are specifically asking for opinions. If someone asks for opinions and someone has a negative opinion the should share it and it is not bashing.

Top Bottom