Time to redesign the $10 bill--who should be the new face?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am surprised that King Barack hasn't penned an exec order mandating that the person can be a living female, and that his wife be the one selected.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    sarah-palin-dollar-bill-currency-cash-art.jpg

United-States-Ten-Dollar-Federal-Reserve-Note%20copy_zps0f8smdxv.jpg

This reminds me of an e-mail warning I got from a friend. The warning was, "If you receive an e-mail with the subject "Nude Pictures of Sarah Palin" don't open it, it may contain a virus. If you receive an e-mail with the subject "Nude Pictures of Hillary Clinton" don't open it, it may contain nude pictures of Hillary Clinton!

BoxingRef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Cincy
    Alvin York, Audie Murphy, Davy Crockett, John Paul Jones, Tubman, F. Douglass, Caesar Chavez, Attucks, Lewis/Clark (double portrait)

What he said above... they should be required to have .... NARDS!

And yes, Tubman qualifies ... But Not Hanoi Jane...sic!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Except for the "has to be dead thing" I'd choose Sarah Palin because the whole thing is a stupid, politically-correct travesty, and for the people who want to see it done, I can't think of anyone more likely to **** them off.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    There are at least some reports claiming that Harriet Tubman has already been decided upon, she certainly wouldn't be a surprising pick and at least wouldn't be as controversial as someone from recent times that is more closely tied to modern politics.

I love this part from the Wikipedia article on her:

"Tubman also carried a revolver, and was not afraid to use it. The gun afforded some protection from the ever-present slave catchers and their dogs, however she also purportedly threatened to shoot any escaped slave who tried to turn back on the journey since that would threaten the safety of the remaining group. Tubman told the tale of one man who insisted he was going to go back to the plantation when morale got low among a group of fugitive slaves. She pointed the gun at his head and said, "You go on or die." Several days later, he was with the group as they entered the United Province of Canada."

Imagine that, an advocate for open-carry on our currency!

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do not think any change in portrait should be made. Why spend the money for no real benefit? I have an Idea! How about government leaders concentrate on being responsible in running the country so that the $10 bill does not become any less valuable than it is.

People older than me know more about this, but there has been a drastic change in the value of money just in my short life. In the early 1970's a $6500 annual salary would buy a decent rental house, a new Ford compact with a TWO year payment book, JC Penny's suits to wear to work and still have a little money to go bowling with the guys. How much would that quality of life cost today?

I have check stubs from an older family member that shows take home pay at 95% of gross income. Currently, a person is lucky to see 70% take home that once it gets home pays property, sales, road, and multiple other taxes. And heaven help you if your investments actually make some profit.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So it seems it's time to change the $10 bill design and they believe it's time to put a woman's portrait on it.

I hereby nominate Miley Cyrus...you know, since our currency has been devalued and is so cheap--just like much of our culture. Seems fitting to me. :):

Why Treasury is changing $10 bill instead of 20 - Business Insider

Why does it have to be a face? People seem to be more interested in a certain part of Kim Kardashian's physique than some stuffy white guy in a wig.

Top Bottom