• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    Just wondering how everyone else feels about the NRA right now? What do we need to do so that they can hear us? Is it time to drop them and move to other more worthy organizations such as the GOA? Your thoughts?

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    Just wondering how everyone else feels about the NRA right now? What do we need to do so that they can hear us? Is it time to drop them and move to other more worthy organizations such as the GOA? Your thoughts?

What is influencing your question?

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    When I decide to join a group it will more than likely be GOA. Im not a fan of the NRA, to me thay have fell to the political machine to an extent.

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    Recent events such as the disclosure vote and NRA getting a pass. They have been very quiet about it. Supporting Harry Reid and not speaking out to members about Obama's appointment to the SC.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    GOA alone isn't going to do much. They aren't the big gorilla on the hill, nor will they ever be. Therefore, their political clout is pretty weak.
    Stay with the NRA, no matter how many other groups you join. They have the money, they have the numbers.

The NRA isn't perfect, no organization is, but without them we would have been screwed years ago.

When is the last time you heard an anti-gun politician ***** about the GOA, or even mention it by name?

They whine constantly about the NRA. Constantly.

That tells me the NRA is doing at least some good.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I'm a member of the NRA, and I'm going to join GOA, and the JPFO, the more member each organization gets the better off we gun owners are.

GreatLakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I'm ready to wash my hands of them. Rather than reach out to real conservative candidates they support allies of Barrack HUSSEIN Obamma. What are they thinking????? Bad Brad Elsworth will continue to be a disaster!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I agree that the NRA certainly has the numbers and money, but I think they also have a lot more name recognition. I have to keep my membership even though my biggest pet pieve is all the mailings they send telling me me membership will expire in just X months. Seems like a waste of money to me. It's kind of like a union, they can't make everyone happy but they have to try to make the majority happy.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The NRA is a one issue organization, they only care about the voting history of candidates as it pertains to gun issues, they are not a conservative or liberal organization. If you look at candidates they support gun issue voting you will see why they support them.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    GOA alone isn't going to do much. They aren't the big gorilla on the hill, nor will they ever be. Therefore, their political clout is pretty weak.
    Stay with the NRA, no matter how many other groups you join. They have the money, they have the numbers.

The NRA isn't perfect, no organization is, but without them we would have been screwed years ago.

When is the last time you heard an anti-gun politician ***** about the GOA, or even mention it by name?

They whine constantly about the NRA. Constantly.

That tells me the NRA is doing at least some good.

:+1: This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. I'm a member of the NRA and have been for many years. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water. No other organization has the clout the NRA does. But I think some other organizations like GOA will be getting more support from me in the future.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm done with them... I understand they've done good in the past, but in more recent years the things they've done have been questionable at best. The latest thing just comes to show you that they're the "friend" that will stab you in the back as soon as you turn around. I don't disagree that the NRA has done a lot of good in the past, but they've changed; they've changed in a major way, and I'm no longer going to tolerate it. I'm glad that I never did buy a life membership...

I will miss the magazines though...

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    I know we need all the groups and especially the NRA, however, they need to be kept in check. They are acting like ARPP at the moment, knowing they did wrong, but knowing that we can't do anything about it. It makes me sick to know I have to stick with them for the bigger picture. The conflict for me is, what is bigger than the first and second amendments? Selection for the SC? Slim Senate majority?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    What exactly did they do wrong? If you are talking about the disclosure act, the house exempted them and the NRA doesn't care about other groups, why would the NRA waste resources fighting against a bill that has nothing to do with them? Beside they knew the disclosure act was dead in the senate.

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    Is it dead in the Senate? It was sopposed to be dead in the House. Supporting Harry Reid, who will go out of his way to confirm BO's SC pick! and the NRA supports it and our dollars are used to support it? Support an outright gun hater calling the NRA the equal to the KKK.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    This is a great topic. I have been a member most of my life since the age of 16. However, Im not feeling all warm and fuzzy about them for the past 5 years or so. I send them my membership money and they spend 5 times that sending me junk mail asking for donations. I look at them kinda like the Union and the Government. They started out a great thing and now are so big and powerful, they forget how and why they were created.
    I really want to show support to the right place to protect my 2A rights, so I'll be interested in hearing what other guys are doing.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Is it dead in the Senate? It was sopposed to be dead in the House. Supporting Harry Reid, who will go out of his way to confirm BO's SC pick! and the NRA supports it and our dollars are used to support it? Support an outright gun hater calling the NRA the equal to the KKK.

Of course they support Harry Reid he is pro gun, why wouldn't they support him? Remember one issue, gun issues, they don't care about anything else.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    NRA clout is what got us back to where were at today, what else are you seeing?:dunno: When I see people griping about the NRA it's because they don't want to part with the money anymore, I'm just sayin.........

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom