• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The House cannot pass legislation by itself, but there is a "just do something" attitude in Washington.

The legislation I can see going through and getting signed is a National Red Flag law.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The House cannot pass legislation by itself, but there is a "just do something" attitude in Washington.

The legislation I can see going through and getting signed is a National Red Flag law.
    Sounds like the NRA will support that. Maybe they will work to make it suck less than it might otherwise.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It actually is pretty weak. Basically they say they are pushing for amnesty for those that already own them.

The last paragraph has the obligatory fear mongering too.

I didn't realize that the House could pass laws on their own now.

That is the thing that has always turned me off about the GOA too. They are even worse with the fear mongering and hyperbole than the NRA.
    This is how they can get away with just about anything just to the right of the anti-gun nutters. It’s similar to someone like Donald Trump becoming acceptable as president. The alternative is completely unacceptable as opposed to being just short of completely unacceptable.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    It actually is pretty weak. Basically they say they are pushing for amnesty for those that already own them.

The last paragraph has the obligatory fear mongering too.

I didn't realize that the House could pass laws on their own now.

That is the thing that has always turned me off about the GOA too. They are even worse with the fear mongering and hyperbole than the NRA.

Sounds to me like they are just pulling a good old George W. Bush play.....

“We’ve abandoned 2nd Amendment principles to save 2nd Amendment principles”

Didn't make much sense in 2008. It doesn't now either. This one never seems to get better with age.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Let's start with the NRA was not involved in legislative action until 1975 so in essence they haven't been at it that long, without the NRA millions would not have attended there classes that are available, state and national shoots most likely would not be held or scored nationality. The NRA is so much more than filing law suits and buying drinks on Capitol Hill.
    Just imagine that no insurance companies offered range and club insurance? NRA offers not only that but grants to help clubs upgrade there range facilitys.
    NRA is so much more than most think, and I just touched on a few things they do.
    They are by far the best place to give your money to that is involved with the 2nd Amendment.

I actually 100% support the NRA education, training, and competition efforts! They are the absolute best. I'd rather my money go to Eddie Eagle than a Washington lobbyist. Because Eddie Eagle is a wonderful program that has accomplished much, whereas the lobbyists are far less effective, and in many ways work against many of our rights, which has given the anti-rights crowd the impression that we will gleefully sacrifice some of our rights if they promise not to take specific other rights. This time.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is that any different from blaming you for slavery?

Yes. My point was if an organization existed long before the birth of it's current members, is it appropriate to lay blame on individuals who had nothing to do with something that happened decades before the current members joined.

In WWII Army Air Forces bombers fire bombed Dresden, Germany and Tokyo, Japan killing more than the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I was in the USAF from 86-07 and had nothing to do with anything in WWII. I'm KellyinAvon, not Curtis LeMay.

My point is we are where we are. Without a time machine there ain't a hell of a lot me or anybody else can do about what happened before. I am at the point in my life and close enough to 200 W Washington Street Indianapolis, IN 46204 that I can show up when the pro-2A side needs people to show up.

I think this sums it up:

[video=youtube;wTVDpOaTGsc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTVDpOaTGsc[/video]

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I actually 100% support the NRA education, training, and competition efforts! They are the absolute best. I'd rather my money go to Eddie Eagle than a Washington lobbyist. Because Eddie Eagle is a wonderful program that has accomplished much, whereas the lobbyists are far less effective, and in many ways work against many of our rights, which has given the anti-rights crowd the impression that we will gleefully sacrifice some of our rights if they promise not to take specific other rights. This time.

And I as thought there is only three branches of the Federal Government, And the NRA isn't part of the Judicial Branch.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The trace released their article a couple days ago. A long read, goes into the role the PR firm has played over the years.
    https://www.thetrace.org/features/n...ct-ackerman-mcqueen/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I found the link from a post on TexasGunTalk. I found it informative, worth the time to read.

Be careful where you get your info. They look to be very anti-gun to me and I didn't even dig deep.
    Thanks for reminding me to pay my NRA dues this month. My daughters life memberships are almost paid off.

The Trace is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit newsroom dedicated to shining a light on America’s gun violence crisis.

The Trace is an independent, nonprofit news organization dedicated to expanding coverage of guns in the United States. We believe that our country’s epidemic rates of firearm-related violence are coupled with a second problem: a shortage of information about the issue at large.

https://www.thetrace.org/about-the-trace/

Also...

Support for The Trace comes from these groups, among others:

• Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund
    • F Three Foundation
    • Foundation Beyond Belief
    • Franklin Philanthropic Foundation
    • George Lucas Family Foundation
    • Leboff Weiner DAF
    • Lerer Family Charitable Foundation
    • Manaaki Foundation
    • Nicholas B. Ottaway Foundation
    • The Aber D. Unger Foundation
    • The Cleveland Family Charitable Fund
    • The Conway Family Charitable Fund
    • The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation
    • The Joyce Foundation
    • The Kendeda Fund
    • The Lenfest Institute for Journalism
    • The New Venture Foundation – Fund for a Safer Future Project
    • The Yellow Chair Foundation

https://www.thetrace.org/donor-financial-transparency/

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    What does it take to get someone under the age of ten thousand on that board? :xmad: Buncha crap. Lifetime members are just as stupid in their choices as the general voting public.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    What does it take to get someone under the age of ten thousand on that board? :xmad: Buncha crap. Lifetime members are just as stupid in their choices as the general voting public.

What makes you think it was an honest election? Back in the 1990's Ackerman McQueen errr I mean The NRA made is basically I possible to remove Wayne and other high ranking members. Less than 10% of the yearly income goes to firearm education and safety and about 3% goes to actually fighting legislation. The NRA is not here to protect our rights they are here to get filthy rich and sell an image plain and simple.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...secrecy-self-dealing-and-greed-at-the-nra/amp

Top Bottom