• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I hope Luck and Elway have a lot in common.

I would love to see Luck pull an Elway. I honestly don't think he is the best overall (or the most NFL ready college QB in the draft) coming out and I don't think he'll be able to step in right away but IF he is smart enough to avoid the Colts, I hope I'm wrong and he is Rookie of the Year. I'd buy the jersey just for him demanding a trade from the Colts.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I give honor to whom honor is due. Tebow did an outstanding job as a rookie QB. He lead his team into the post season, while giving the city of Denver a lot to be encouraged by, going into next year.

He was thrown into the furnace and came out victorious, without even the smell of smoke on his uniform. He walked into a den of lions and was unharmed. He kept playing with joy and enthusiam, and caused people to believe. Some of the games he played, it looked as if he were mounted up on eagles' wings, but no, he proved himself to be a Bronco that would not be tamed by the media or doubters.

I'm a Chicago Bears fan, but will always be for Tebow.

You're absolutely right. If Tebow could have played this season like he did his rookie year, he would have had a much better time out there. Heck, his rookie season he even complete 50% of his passes (this season, just an amazing 46.5%). Maybe his 3rd season with the team will bring about major changes but if he continues the trend, he'll be completing less than 40% of his passes. Some people love him for his personal beliefs, I find it annoying...they're his beliefs for a reason, I don't need to ever hear about his religious beliefs. I do appreciate that he spends a lot of time with kids with developmental and terminal conditions. It would be less annoying if the media ever talked about the things he did instead of how much he prays on the field and how amazing he is (which he isn't and won't ever be, as a passer).

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You're absolutely right. If Tebow could have played this season like he did his rookie year, he would have had a much better time out there. Heck, his rookie season he even complete 50% of his passes (this season, just an amazing 46.5%). Maybe his 3rd season with the team will bring about major changes but if he continues the trend, he'll be completing less than 40% of his passes. Some people love him for his personal beliefs, I find it annoying...they're his beliefs for a reason, I don't need to ever hear about his religious beliefs. I do appreciate that he spends a lot of time with kids with developmental and terminal conditions. It would be less annoying if the media ever talked about the things he did instead of how much he prays on the field and how amazing he is (which he isn't and won't ever be, as a passer).

I learned something, because I thought this was his rookie season. I guess he didn't start last year or something. Like I said, I'm a Bears fan! GO BEARS . . . next year. :rolleyes: :D

As much as we hear about players having parties, getting drunk, snubbing fans, beating their wives, selling drugs, etc., its refreshing for me to hear something positive. There are a great deal of players that do the same thing as Tebow, but they don't get the spotlight.

I enjoy seeing a young man who takes his faith seriously. It's also a welcomed change to see the media allow a story of faith to be seen/heard other than times of tragedy, when it's more acceptable for the general population.

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    I just love how the kid plays a couple good games, and everyone's acting like he's the second coming of christ because of his over the top religious beliefs, but when he gets humiliated on the field they default back to the he's just human defense.

Either he's blessed by god or he's not, my thoughts are that he's just another average QB who had a couple of good games.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I just love how the kid plays a couple good games, and everyone's acting like he's the second coming of christ because of his over the top religious beliefs, but when he gets humiliated on the field they default back to the he's just human defense.
    I think a x
    Either he's blessed by god or he's not, my thoughts are that he's just another average QB who had a couple of good games.

I think a couple would be two, maybe three games. He helped lead a 1-4 team to 7 straight wins, a division title, and a playoff win over the number 1 defense in the league. I just love how people leave out the only fact that matters in the NFL....wins vs losses. For a qb with less than a full season of starts, I would say he is doing ok.

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    Wins vs losses is the only stat that matters for a "TEAM", for a qb it can be argued that the only thing that matters is touchdowns vs. interceptions in this new world where 3 of the worst defenses are still in the playoffs.

In his first 2 seasons he's 17-9 td-int ratio, slightly better than Cam Newton's 21-17 ratio, but not yet in the league of even a league standard "good qb" like Tony Romo at 31-10.

If you add in his rushingtd-fumble on top of the td-int ratio he comes in at 18-12 for the year vs Cam Newton's 35-19. I bet if Cam was kneeling in the endzone every 3 minutes and wouldn't shut up about his religion every time he was interviewed he'd be getting even more press than Tebow.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    With those numbers you mentioned (td vs int), who would be a better qb by YOUR standards....montana, aikman, bradshaw, elway, or tebow? Just a guess. Tony Romo and cam newton were both NFL record setting qbs in terms of numbers. Cam is much more talented player with more weapons than tebow, but I don't remember how he did in the playoffs...

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    First, I said that's a big measurement for "today's NFL" where teams can give up 350+ yards a game to a quarterback and still only lose 1 game in the regular season if your offense is good enough. With the minimized running game present in the NFL now the stats meant different things.

But to answer your question I think Elway wins by my criteria.
    Elway - 226-86 in 15 years
    Montana - 273-139 in 15 years
    Aikman - 165-141 in 11 years
    Bradshaw - 212-210 in 13 years

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. Who, in their first year, was the best qb out of those mentioned, but I'm guessing you caught that. All in good fun. Can't wait till the SB, and the draft.
    Go colts!

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. Who, in their first year, was the best qb out of those mentioned, but I'm guessing you caught that. All in good fun. Can't wait till the SB, and the draft.
    Go colts!

If you want to talk about who came out in their "first year playing" and did the best since this isn't Tebow's rookie year, then I'm going to say none of the above and go with Aaron Rodgers who went 28-13 his first year playing in more than 3 games, but I'm biased :D

Most the guys you mentioned including Steve Young (was just curious) started out negative the first season they started every regular season game, as in more int's than td's.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom