• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    I spray Permethrin every 6 weeks and I use IGR (insect growth retardant) with the Permethrin the frist and last spray of the season. I do all around the house and it seems to work pretty good. I still swear by Wondercide on myself to avoid needing to put Permethrin on my clothes. If I'm going in the thick stuff, I'll also throw on my sick tick bands around my legs and waist. I have only had 2 crawling on my neck, both of which I felt and wiped them off. I had shed the shirt that I sprayed so the shirt under wasn't sprayed with Wondercide, so I attribute it to that. No latchers so far. I'm in the yard and woods every weekend.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    The hatch has started, first cloud of baby ticks of 2024 for me. I will deal with this daily from now to the first frost. Permithrin is my friend, buddy had untreated pants and was covered.

Attachments

• KIMG1738.JPG
      KIMG1738.JPG
      226.9 KB · Views: 27
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I was at my Mom's waiting for the bacon to cook and decided to count the tick jar. 130 ticks so far but we haven't found any since early June. However the mosquitoes have bloomed at my house. I guess that's the price you pay for being in the woods.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Seed ticks here are even draining the mosquitos dry. ;)
    Last weekend the OG again found a bloom of them while gathering firewood (you'll remember we had this conversation 2 summers ago). Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as last time. And she has learned that after the attack, Tea Tree oil and Eucalyptus takes away the itch and the redness.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Ticks got my family good. My wife and my mom both got rocky mountain fever. It put my mom in hospital for about 4 days. My wife has been on antibiotics for about a month now as the first round didn't do anything. My aunt got alfagal from the ticks. So spray good and treat everything!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Last weekend the OG again found a bloom of them while gathering firewood (you'll remember we had this conversation 2 summers ago). Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as last time. And she has learned that after the attack, Tea Tree oil and Eucalyptus takes away the itch and the redness.

Sorry to hear that, but glad to hear she has recovered from them. The gardener and I have been lucky so far, a few bite between us. Permethrin is a wonderful chemical, but like many these days, not made in the states.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Ticks got my family good. My wife and my mom both got rocky mountain fever. It put my mom in hospital for about 4 days. My wife has been on antibiotics for about a month now as the first round didn't do anything. My aunt got alfagal from the ticks. So spray good and treat everything!
    Sorry to hear that! They have been terrible this year. If you can find them quickly you have better results with the germs they spread. Get some peppermint oil, that gets them to let go quickly. Just be ready to catch the critter because they run in a hurry from that stuff. Also, if you like fresh garlic cloves add that to your meal the night before you head into the woods...blood sucking insects tend to pick a different target than the one who ate the garlic.

The seed ticks are a whole new level of hell. This is the second time I've had the misfortune of finding a nest of them. I've had great relief from a wash that has Tea Tree Oil and Eucalyptus Oil...wish I would have known that the first day it happened. LOL, feeling a little like an idiot but I'd rather learn these lessons now if they have to be learned the hard way... :facepalm:

Top Bottom