• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    June 22, 2012 journal entry

The remains of the local national guard showed up to drop off some supplies. They just look worn out. The adults had a talk with the leader and he said this is the last trip for aid until the harvest. The town and cities are sucking up the supplies and we can stand alone.

We arranged for pick up of food items and they are going to drop off some semi's with grain trailers to haul to the local mill. They just converted it from making taco's to bread, and it will be running three shifts when the corn starts coming in.

He asked how many of the members had any military service, and 5 said yes. He had a talk with them, and they all sat under a shade tree for about an hour. I watched them sign some papers on a clipboard from the distance. When the meeting was over, they left a large military truck with a cargo box with a trailer for the 5 to secure.

They drove the truck behind the main barn and said we need have a meeting with everyone over 13 in the morning. That was all they said, and several of them had big grins.

June 23, 2012 journal entry

Steve took the lead for the meeting this morning.

He talked about the conversation with the national guard yesterday and that our group was given a important responsiblity. The 5 veterans are now responsible to the safe keeping of some military equipment. The national guard can not keep it secure with the limited staffing they have, and items are being dispersed to veterans in the area.

I looked over the list and it was pistols, rifles and ammo for the most part. Radio's, two generators, medical gear, body armor and clothing with spares for the HEMTT truck rounded out the first page of the list.

Even a civilian like myself got excited when he said the trailer is filled with AT-4's and some other things I didn't recognize.

The deal is the items are a loan, and must be returned when asked. The items can be used to protect the area and they must be destroyed before "others" could take them.

The rest of the day was show and tell, a few rifles and pistol with ammo were handed out, and for the most part, everyone had a big grin, except me.

I told the five before they left, things are most likely not going as well as we think they are outside of our little rural slice of "heaven". President Boehner is a good guy, but I still can't see him releasing military weapons to veterans............ We all gave the look to each other after I said President Boehner, because its still to funny that Obama and Biden both resigned about two weeks into the crash to let him handle this mess. Last we heard, they were both in Europe someplace. Those in the know, said the military gave them a little push, but that is for the history books to dig up!

I became the keeper of the paperwork, the five decided on what locations to build the bunkers for the special gear. All I understood was explosives, the rest was alien to me. Those items were split 5 ways, with everyone signing papers and giving them back to me. If the internet was working, I'd have a better understanding of the other gear they all took. Steve said the special gear was better than claymores...........as he walked to his place.

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    July 4, 2012 journal entry

This July 4, is much better than last year. Last year was panic, at least this year we have a routine......

The kids are blowing up fire crackers in the gravel parking area by the barn, and having fun with the smoke bombs. At least it sounds like July 4.

5 AT-4's are with the 5 veterans to serve as defense from the "other's".

The dinner for everyone went well! The steaks were great. It was delayed from a thunderstorm that pushed us into the barn, but we needed the rain.

The radio was working all day, and we got some news on overseas events.

China and India are face to face on the border. They both need land, and looks like someone is about to fight.

Israel moved on parts of Jordan, Lebanon and Syria to add to the protection zone. All the residents of Gaza were relocated to other countries. They got tired of them shooting rockets into Israel and gave them a final choice. They didn't listen and were pushed out. It wasn't pretty, but times are tough.

Israel is working with the other Arab Nations to rebuild and I'm still shaking my head at that turn of events.

Iran and Saudia Arabia fought it out for about 3 weeks and messed each other up. It appears they decided just to blow up each others oil fields. Iran did not fire a shot at Israel. I guess they didn't want to get nuked.

About 50% of the world oil production is out of service for at least another year.

Central and Southern Africa are a mess

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    July 5, 2012 Journal Entry

The national guard showed up at 7 am to do an inspection of the gear and paperwork. I was nervous, and all they wanted to see was the paperwork, the truck and talk with the 5. By 8 they were gone, but they left us another truck and trailer with more gear.

The first delivery was a test. Seems some others in the county decided to go deer hunting with an AT-4 and took out a bridge. We got all the stuff they had taken away. We were warned to just follow the rules and random inspections could happen anytime.

Lunch was exciting, two couples on goldwings showed up looking for a relatives home. We knew who they were looking for, but had not seen them since about a month after the crash. They said they were doing great, but needed family items. None of us had any issues with the request and wished them well.

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    July 6, 2012 Journal Entry

My wife is still mad at me for all the dust we have clean out of the house. We had a visit from three national guard blackhawks today. Two of them and a field crew are hanging out by the hill about 400 feet from our home in one of the pastures. They have thier own gear, but we are treating them well to some home cooked food and the they are sharing stories. Each of the blackhawks has miniguns, but at the momement they are not loaded.

The last visit was another test, and we past it. We are going to get a communications van, and they will share with us more local and national news as part of the lease to use the hill. A few more trucks and about 8 national guard members will be at the base. Seems the biggest national guard buiuding in the area had a fire and they lost the main radio gear. The young men are happy about it, becuase most of the members are young ladies and all of them are single.

They also said they will help with the operation of the farms, and that only two are needed to run the radio van, and all of us will be security for them. They are bringing a camping trailer for housing and we will hook it up to our well for water. Everyting else they will supply.

I get a helicopter ride in the morning to survey the damage and point out to the pilot areas that are vastly changed or damaged. He will take me on a spiral route out to about 30 miles.

I didn't know what a fuel bladder was this morning, but they set one up to fuel the helicopters.

I told the commander, we are not interested in our area becoming a new national guard base, but we will help as long as it is a two way deal. We shook hands and he told me the farm we got the Prevost from is looking to be the ideal location for the national guard to set up shop. The only problem is the road will not take all the heavy use from the equipment and must be improved to stop it from washing away.

He wanted to know if he could hire some young men to do some of the road building when they can secure some working equpment. Everyone will be paid in silver for the work and the project will take about two weeks. I left the deal open and he will contact us when the equipment is found and working.

I think that project will be great, since the young men are bored with the mid season tasks that do get boring................plus they can make some silver for getting some needed products.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    July 30, 2012 Journal Entry

We didn't catch the scope of the national guard project from our last meeting. Over the last two weeks, 8 of the men from our farming area were hired to help build the retaining walls, helicopter pads and building foundations. They have taken over this point to be the new base for the national guard in the southern part of our state. This will bring about 200 more people to the area to run it. The land is well above the flood stage and when the access road is upgraded, will be an easy place to secure.

They are running a concrete batch plant on site and using materials salvaged from a local quarry and construction company. 20 miles over they are repairing a block plant and will have it running soon. This project is bringing back projects and silver that will help get us back to normal.

The base is designed on the concept of the early 1800's forts that were built on the East Coast. They are going to use the old farm as a defensive point at the river and protect barge traffic when it restarts.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    August 1, 2012 Journal Entry

Never thought the average meth head was smart.

The police found out the place they were at the next county over. They raided the place two days ago in the middle of the night. Not a shot was fired. They were all dead from bad drugs. They ran out of chemicals to make easy meth, and tried to make some of the base compounds. Someone screwed up, and they all died. One less problem to deal with!

Two floaters were found in the pond near the closed back door to the farming area. Everyone thinks they are the last of the meth heads! Guess no one told them not to try the new drugs.

We picked up a few weapons they left in the old jeep they had. While looking through the stuff in the jeep, we found good maps listing everything we had set up. It looked like a range card, and they were planning to hit us in the next few weeks. I'd say they had walked around our farms to get such good information!

The national guard sent three helicopters up north when a large black cloud of smoke could be seen in the distance. The distance had to be at least 15 miles, maybe 30. The helicopters made a few more trips and they are returned.

We are going to leave the road blockage in place till things calm down. Everyone likes having our back door closed. It will at least give us time to respond if we ever get raided. Spotting someone walking on foot is easier than a mess of vehicles speeding into the middle of the farming area.

Everyone voted to expand patrols and night time watches with this new information. All outsiders will be watched closely. Contact with people on the other side of the back door will be started now that the meth heads are dead.

Our food production is going ok. The town is placing heavy expectation us, but we should do alright. Yields will not be records, but better than our plan if the weather holds.

The family gardens are already on some second plantings. The makeshift greenhouses will help secure late harvest.

Our first nooner husband and wife shoots started today. It started out as a three gun shoot, but changed to a deal with an attack by several vehicles and men. Most of the ladies defeated thier husbands in shooting skills. The winners of today's event, will take on the kids and a champion will be awarded by the weekend.

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    August 2, 2012 Journal Entry

Thunder was heard up north for about an hour during the early dawn. I thought it was thunder until the 5 showed up with some information picked up from the radio left by the national guard.

Some Obama Returnists had siezed a 155mm howitzer and started shooting random shots in all directions. They shot for about an hour before the military or an accident blew them up. No outgoing shots from the national guard base was heard, and none of the helicopters went to look it over.

Nothing was damaged, but the Obama Returnists are getting on my nerves. They want him back, even after ran from the crash and stole Airforce One when he went to Europe. They will try almost anything, and thankfully they have turned out to be bad shots with whatever weapons they get hold of......I think they look worse than hippies of the 60's!!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom