• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GARY T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    GREENWOOD IN
    #1 - i do, since i asked i would assume it would be obvious.

I work in TV, when big events happen it means cash money for photogs and satellite uplink trucks. Then there's pay for travel, per diam etc.

Law enforcement are paid as far as I know. Wondering what it costs to have all those departments pay to travel their guys +time and a half.

People see all this manpower and think how awesome it is, i see the response and think dollars and cents.

I dunno, just the way i am. Sorry if i stepped on your manhood...

ASS:rockwoot:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It would have taken fewer assets had the police had access to .50cal machine guns, MK19 grenade launchers, LAW rockets, Hellfire missles, etc. But since the police aren't allowed to have that kind of stuff it takes a little bit more time and a few more people.

Sounds like "destroying the village in order to save it". Asking the public to get off the streets, so he would'nt have a crowd to hide in, and doing a cordon-and-search makes sense. The area being cordoned and searched was huge, so lots of personal were called in. No surprise there.
    The only argument I have, is that the public there is essentially defenseless and the gov't won't even acknowledge the enemy (Maj. Hasan was terrorist?? That was just "work place violence") and act unless there is an attack to big to ignore.

GARY T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    GREENWOOD IN
    Call me a modern day sissy-man, but I'm staying in my house with a pistol on my hip and an 870 right next to me. I'm not wandering around hunting for a guy who is potentially strapped with explosives. Make it a connection to gun control of you'd like, but it would go down the same way in any large city in this country.

Some folks have to pick out the negative in anything, because they could have easily handled the situation more effectively. To me, a person judging/condemning an operation like this, in retrospect and from an armchair, is a good indicator that said person has no clue what they are talking about.

Agree 100%. They're heroes to me too. Seems there are those out there who feel the need to be negative just for the sake of it. Maybe it's jealousy.

I read an news piece yesterday about the Tough Ruck group who helped at the finish line after marching the 26 miles in remembrance of fallen comrades, and a commenter had the audacity to ***** that the article was serving to take glory away from citizens and give it to the military. I **** you not.

THANK YOU:patriot:

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Send the coward to Gitmo !
    Really? Are we talking about an enemy combatant or a U.S. citizen? Unless Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a member of a foreign military or representing a foreign government, why should he be denied his rights? You don't want the government taking away your 2A rights, but you are willing to deny an alleged "terrorist" his 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Amendment rights?

exbrit

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Northeast Indiana
    This is by far the most offensive post I have seen on this forum.
    The armchair quarterbacks that seem to think they are Rambo and could have handled the whole thing better are living in a dream world.
    It may not have been a perfect action, but in no way can you take away from the fact that within a couple days they had IDs and photos, and actually took the one alive and ended the crisis.
    I am not heaping on praise but would not attempt to critique the operation. None of us, me included, were there trying to ensure the safety of over one million people. Not from a firefight but the chance that another bomb would go off. The lockdown was a smart move from that respect
    I cant believe a moderator has not shut down this thread.
    Yes I read it but with disbelief at some of the views.
    :patriot:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The armchair quarterbacks that seem to think they are Rambo and could have handled the whole thing better are living in a dream world.
    It may not have been a perfect action, but in no way can you take away from the fact that within a couple days they had IDs and photos, and actually took the one alive and ended the crisis.
    I am not heaping on praise but would not attempt to critique the operation. None of us, me included, where there trying to ensure the safety of over one million people. Not from a firefight but the chance that another bomb would go off. The lockdown was a smart move from that respect

Hard to tell who is poking the poop pile for sport and who is serious.
    Many will find fault with LE no matter how they handle any situation.

GARY T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    GREENWOOD IN
    I am not heaping on praise but would not attempt to critique the operation. None of us, me included, were there trying to ensure the safety of over one million people. Not from a firefight but the chance that another bomb would go off. The lockdown was a smart move from that respect

#1 The DB who posted first damn near made me give up on this form ...what a bunch of wannabees.

SPEAK SOFTLY......NUFF SAID:(

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Help me with Miranda...if they (Johnny Law) don't "read you your rights" does that mean you don't have them?

I mean, I get that the govt. will make exceptions to do whatever they want, but if someone doesn't tell me I have the right to remain silent, I still have the right to remain silent, right?

Sorry if I'm not getting the legal nuance here.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Help me with Miranda...if they (Johnny Law) don't "read you your rights" does that mean you don't have them?

I mean, I get that the govt. will make exceptions to do whatever they want, but if someone doesn't tell me I have the right to remain silent, I still have the right to remain silent, right?

Sorry if I'm not getting the legal nuance here.

An LEO does not have to read you your Miranda rights to arrest/taky you into custody for anything. Only if they are going to question you. If they don't it is not an automatic dismisal your statments before being read your rights just are not admissible.

There is a public safety clause in extenuating circumstanses that they can question you without Mirandizing youand it is admisable. Per US surpreme court

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Regardless, I'm really glad that this is over. I wouldn't be at ease during the Indy marathon and the Geist marathon.

WHY would you be 'at ease' now? :dunno:

Do you think these are the only two Muslim terrorist whackjobs out there? :scratch:

Do you think the Indy or Geist marathons are any safer, or somehow 'less' of a target?

The Boston bombings could be just the first of a string of already planned bombings at marathons across the country. Pretty easy to attack, as we've now been shown (for any moron that didn't know that already). MOST marathon runners and attendees DON'T carry weapons.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    An LEO does not have to read you your Miranda rights to arrest/taky you into custody for anything. Only if they are going to question you. If they don't it is not an automatic dismisal your statments before being read your rights just are not admissible.

There is a public safety clause in extenuating circumstanses that they can question you without Mirandizing youand it is admisable. Per US surpreme court

....With the intent of using your statements against you in court. And in this particular case, I'm betting they were more concerned about questioning the suspect with the intention of getting information location, tactics, co-conspirators, etc rather than information that specifically links the suspect to the crime.
    Miranda probably makes lil differnce in this instance, as LE probably had all the info they needed to ensure a conviction prior to the arrest.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    WHY would you be 'at ease' now? :dunno:

Do you think these are the only two Muslim terrorist whackjobs out there? :scratch:

Do you think the Indy or Geist marathons are any safer, or somehow 'less' of a target?

The Boston bombings could be just the first of a string of already planned bombings at marathons across the country. Pretty easy to attack, as we've now been shown (for any moron that didn't know that already). MOST marathon runners and attendees DON'T carry weapons.

I worked the Carmel Marathon on Sat, and we were swamped. A good number of people showed up simply due to the Boston incident. Unfortunately, with such a spike, so quickly, incident plans (which had been drawn up weeks ago) were pushed to their limits. I would imagine this would be the same all across the country. If someone wants to copycat, these events will certainly be "soft" targets if some sort of re-evaluation isn't done.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    ....With the intent of using your statements against you in court. And in this particular case, I'm betting they were more concerned about questioning the suspect with the intention of getting information location, tactics, co-conspirators, etc rather than information that specifically links the suspect to the crime.
    Miranda probably makes lil differnce in this instance, as LE probably had all the info they needed to ensure a conviction prior to the arrest.

This is a perfect case of the "Public safety factor" for those reasons mentiond however even in a normal procedure arrest an LEO does not need to read the Miranda warning (DUI, burglery etc) However if the suspect made a statement to a 2nd party (as in what alledgedly happened with the Boston subject to the person they carjacked) Say that happened in a lesser crime (burglery) That is still admissible even if stated before getting mirandized.

Do most suspects get Miranized at time of arrest? YES.

Do they have to? NO.

If they don't does that mean all charges are dropped? NO.

If not Mirandized does that mean all statements made are not admissible?

NOT 100%

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    I worked the Carmel Marathon on Sat, and we were swamped. A good number of people showed up simply due to the Boston incident. Unfortunately, with such a spike, so quickly, incident plans (which had been drawn up weeks ago) were pushed to their limits.
    I was there, too. FWIW, nothing out of the ordinary happened.

The Carmel Marathon event director was at the Boston Marathon and I think he ran in that event. I have no doubt that he and the Carmel PD made some adjustments to their plans after the Boston incident.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I'm not wading through 8 pages of thread so I hope by now I am repeating what many others believe:

Terrorists are not about a fair fight. They prefer a civilian target to inflict maximum destruction and fear. Our response against terrorists should be ramped up exponentially whenever an attack is launched. These bombers were believed to be wearing explosive vests and it was reported over the BPD radio freq early on Friday morning that the dead perp had bomb triggers on him. For all the LE involved, it is commendable that the surviving perp wasn't pureed by gunfire. Of course, some will attribute that to poor marksmanship over discipline of force. Here's hoping the surviving perp will shed some light on this incident.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Nah, not even close, hell, a couple days ago, somebody posted a pic of the guy that got both legs blown off and tried to imply it was Hollywood special effects or some ****.

Since this was brought up let me add, It's the INGO double standard! TO THE INGO MODS Just an observation. It's funny how graphic things are allowed but other funny pic's not related to any act of maiming or murder is deleted because it mentions a word in it.

For a site that is suppose to be about firearms enthusists I find it odd (unbelievable really) that photos like the victim in the wheelchair photo is ALLOWED and kept on this site as well as several usernames here are preaching borderline revolution/murder conspiracy on promoting violence against a uniformed LEO's is total BS and really has taken the class out of here. This hasn't happened overnight but has continued to push the limits of good taste.

Some here need to take a step back and think about if they would want a pic like that of them or their loved one plastered with all of the smart inappropriate comments that seem to be 10 to 3 ratio on INGO anymore.

There's really no room for it here there are other internet sites folks could frequent for that type of stuff. My children are grown adults and I know if they were still at home I wouldn't let them view INGO since it seems you never know what you are going to get to "View". Maybe that should tell you some should rethink what they are posting, where they are posting it and if you are a MOD should you allow it!

Top Bottom