• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    People who claim to be "right" or "conservative" name call just as much as the Leftist people do. If you read almost every post in this forum that gives a different opinion than "certain" people then that person is automatically labeled a lefty or liberal.

If so, it's because some tend to repeat the leftist message instead of coming up with their own reasoning.

Putting Palin down (attacking her) isn't going to change anyone's mind.

Some of you don't like her. OK. No big deal.
    Some of us do like her. Fine.
    Fact is: she does have a large following because she is one of the most American people we know.
    Only those who support the Constitution and our country should be considered for office. Those who betray our country need to be voted out. Period! We have enough traitors in "our" government now.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    People who claim to be "right" or "conservative" name call just as much as the Leftist people do. If you read almost every post in this forum that gives a different opinion than "certain" people then that person is automatically labeled a lefty or liberal.

Nicely recursive. You decry people using the term "lefty" or "liberal" as "name calling" while yourself describing a group of people as "Leftist."

"Left" and "Liberal" are labels to describe certain beliefs, philosophies, and policies. They are no more "name calling" than any other descriptive label. Now, there are some posters who are rather quick to attach labels like "pinko" or "commie" which are, deliberately, pejorative, but you paint with entirely too broad a brush there--or do you just object to descriptive labels entirely. There is a segment of the political landscape that does that but if I said which segment you'd, no doubt, accuse me of name calling.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Nicely recursive. You decry people using the term "lefty" or "liberal" as "name calling" while yourself describing a group of people as "Leftist."

No, I said that if you give a different opinion from what some people here agree with then you are automatically called a leftist or a liberal. There are people who are leftist or liberal and are proud of it just as people are conservative or moderate. However, you shouldn't be labeled one just because you have a different view of a subject. I am not a Palin fan which is obvious but I am a conservative based person.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I was watching her give a speech the other day, and realized I know very little about her. She seems to be a HUGE friend to gun owners, and an avid supporter of the Constitution, but other than that I know next to nothing. What do you peeps think of Palin? Good? Bad? And why?

The reason I ask, is that someone made reference to her thinking of running for the big boy seat next election.

I think she is a solid, well rounded and honest person. She is founded in reality and has a real family to prove it. She ran Alaska well, she dealt with the idiots of the democratic party well, she makes her own decisions not based on popularity etc.

She's got my vote.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I am not saying that anyone should take the advice of the Liberal media or followers in any way. I am saying that they want her to get the nod because they feel that she is an easy victory. Whoever is elected to run for the Republicans needs to have a strong character and be a true conservative or they will not sway enough middle of the road voters away from Obama.

Whoever runs (and wins) should be willing to "preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of these United States".
    Whoever runs (and wins) should honor his/her Oath of Office!
    Whoever runs (and wins) should put our country first always!

Only those who recognize that our Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land above all others will get my vote. I'm tired of these lying traitors trashing our country. (Democrats & Republicans are really no different - at least those already in office.) We need to clean house and restore our great nation to the Founder's ideals.

We will each vote for those who we believe more closely reflect our values.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Here is a sure sign she is a shill for the republican party. The Tea parties were demonized by all the mainstream medias. fox did some ok coverage but it was because they wanted to hijack the teaparties for the republican party. Now that Sarah has taken front stage as a tea party leader all the news media has been covering it like its a major event even though there were only around 1,000 people at the event. So far thats been about the worst Tea party turnout yet. Heck they had almost that many people up in good ol kendallville and goshen for that matter.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Only those who recognize that our Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land above all others will get my vote. I'm tired of these lying traitors trashing our country. (Democrats & Republicans are really no different - at least those already in office.) We need to clean house and restore our great nation to the Founder's ideals.

This I agree with completely. I would love to put the whole lot of congress and the executive branch out to pasture. The biggest problem anymore is that there are so few quality people who run for office and the ones that do are slandered from the start to drive them out.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    No, I said that if you give a different opinion from what some people here agree with then you are automatically called a leftist or a liberal. There are people who are leftist or liberal and are proud of it just as people are conservative or moderate. However, you shouldn't be labeled one just because you have a different view of a subject. I am not a Palin fan which is obvious but I am a conservative based person.

You say "different view" when a more honest description would be "leftist view." People don't, in general, label people "leftist" because their views are "different" but because they believe their views are leftist. They might be mistaken about that (ex. decriminalizing most drugs is a libertarian, not leftist, view, but many think drugs->hippies->leftists),but it's not just mindlessly throwing a pejorative.

OTOH, there's very little in the world that's easier than someone, with the anonymity of the Internet, to go onto some board with a particular political bent (conservative, say) and say "I am not a liberal (or whatever is different from/opposed to the board's bent) but..." followed by some piece of propaganda from the opposition side. I'm not accusing anyone here but rather pointing out that there's no way anyone here can tell except by the postings one makes.

If one takes stances that are considered "leftist" then one will be seen as a leftist. Whether one agrees with the term for oneself or not does not make it "name calling" when people apply it.

"You have green eyes" is not name calling even if you think your eyes are hazel."
    "You are a doody head" (wonder if the filters will pass that--it's certainly no worth than at least one of the smileys Edit: yep. They did) is name calling.

There is a qualitative difference.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I gotta stop staying up so late.

. Finally, watch MSNBC or read a few liberal blogs and you will see people saying that they want Palin to get the nod for the Republicans as she is looked at as an easy victory for the Liberals.

If I'm not mistaking, MSNBC and those leberal blogs, said the same thing in '08. Everytime you watched the news or read an article they all said the same thing. The Republicans only hope was to have someone like John McCain be the Republican nominee. Why because they knew that most who don't agree with the extreme left or the extreme right couldn't unite behind him. Although he is an honorable man, which I voted for, he lacked the charisma and the values that so many Americans believe in. So all these people instilled it in our heads the only way to beat the Dems was to elect someone on middle ground. Why would they want us to believe that, easy, easier victory for them. Now I ask why would all these same people be saying I hope the Republicans nominate Sarah Palin because she will cause another easy victory for us. Antoher easy answer, they want to instill in us that shes to easy to beat, so she loses any support that she might gain, and the Repblicans nominate another like McCain. If they really thought that Palin's nomination in 2012 were to be an easy victory for Obama, they would not be discussing their "hope" that she is the nominee.

Unfortunately in todays day and age, when we vote for, not our leaders, our representatives; whether it be local, state and even all the way up the the oval office. We don't have a choice of who's best for our country, the question is who better represents our country of the two. If it does come down to an Obama vs. Palin in 2012 my vote and my support goes to Palin. Only 1 canadate is witten in stone and thats our current president, Obama. And when it comes to representing me I can't think of to many people that would make me choose him over. Sure I can vote 3rd party but what happends when you vote 3rd party, the 3rd party canadate takes votes from one of the other 2 parties.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    WOW! Ok kool-aid drinkers. Good luck in 2012.

I quit.

Hey, Sarah and I have more in common than I thought.

You certainly have a lot in common with what you're condemning.

I've seen this a couple of times lately. Someone comes in with a strong opinion, and then when they're challenged and the argument is going back and forth, they quit.

I think drive-by commentary and then quitting rather than answer the points you began is a kind of cowardice.

Post, and then meet the challenges or concede your point has been well-countered. Have some moral courage.

Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    I am a far, far righter (CONSERVATIVE). God, Country and Corps is how I was raised. I think Limbaugh/Palin would be a heck of a ticket for 012. I know, I'm too far to the right, lucky my wife balances things out for me.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I voted for McCain because he was NOT Obama but also because of Palin. (I had decided to vote against Obama no matter who ran against him, but then Palin entered the picture and I had "hope" that things might "change" and we would return to our Constitutional/Founders values and laws.)

I will vote for Palin if she decides to run. (If she does, hopefully she will choose another Constitution supporter as her running mate.)

Voting my conscience is more important than voting along party lines. (I am still registered Democrat, but haven't voted my party - except for certain local elections - for decades.)
    Even if my choice loses, I will know I did the "right thing" and did not "wimp out" to make it easier for others. I will vote CONSTITUTION first!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I can't believe all the people that think she's good looking. Talk about BARF! We haven't had anyone that was worth a crap to vote for, for a very long time.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I like how she writes topics on her hand. What an psycho crazy *****. I really hope she goes back to Alaska a failure. She has no credibility, she couldn't even remain governor of Alaska. She had to quit the easiest job to run around the country selling a ****ing book. What a waste. :popcorn:

:+1:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    ThisThreadDelivers.gif

electra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Sarah Palin is high profile, and attracts criticism like a lightning rod. Working under the premise "There's no such thing as bad publicity", by 2012 she'll be unstoppable.
    I'd like to see a Palin/Paul (Rand) ticket myself . . . but have yet to see anything like an elected politician actually in the business of limiting government. Therefore, SSDD!

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sarah Palin quit on her state to go make millions of dollars ....

Damn those capitalist pigs and their free markets!!!
    If only all candidates were allowed free access to the unlimited George Soros financial stash. I'd hate to think that someone would exploit the free market in order to build a war chest for a potential campaign.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Look at who the left attacks the hardest and who they like. Watch who the comedians make the most jokes about, and who the nastiest humor is directed at. It's the ones they fear, or the ones who have been effective.

Look at the Republicans they love. (I'd say, look at the conservatives they love, but there are none.) The Republicans they love are like McCain - always ready to sell out when it really counts. Of course, McCain was vilified during the election. They loved him before, and they love him now. At the only time he was any kind of a threat, they hated him.

If for no other reason, Palin is valuable to the right because of the hatred she inspires. They don't hate her because of any of the reasons she's been criticized for in this forum. They hate her because people like her. Because she's attractive to a lot of regular folks. Because it's hard to paint her as mean, or rich, or in the pocket of big business which is how they like to paint Republicans. So they go to their fallback, like they did with Reagan, and Quayle. She's stupid.

I want to see Obama's grades, and his SAT and LSAT scores.

Anyone who thinks Palin is stupid, is stupid themselves. Anyone who thinks they know how smart she is from watching a few minutes of speeches and question and answer, is deluding themselves. You can't know things like that from watching TV. You can't know anything about anybody's personal attributes from watching TV.

Another thing, speaking well and intelligence are not correlated. Read anything about journalism and find out what the real journalists and writers think of all the polished, well spoken talking heads you see on TV. Think about actors, the very definition of well-spoken people, who as a group have to be some of the least educated and intelligent wealthy people in our society, probably even more so than athletes.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom