• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have a CW9 and a CW40. Love them both. The only flaw that I have found is the retainer spring that holds the slide stop. Use caution when reassembling to not bend it.

This happened to me. I sent mine back to Kahr and they replaced it. They paid all the postage. Ian was pretty cool.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've got a CW9 and a K40. One of the two are usually on my hip. The CW9 gets carried more often because of weight but I shoot the K40 better than my Glock 23. Kahrs are great single stack carry guns. If you can trade your S&W for the MK9, do it. Get a good IWB holster and belt and don't look back. The MK9 will make a great holster gun and not a pocket gun because of the weight.

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    I have been carrying a pm9 for about 2 years and absolutely love it. In my opinion I think it is just about the best back up auto available right now. Extremely reliable, thin and lightweight and very controllable to shoot. I have also had a p380 and pm40 but I'm stuck on this pm9. I have a kydex pocket holster and an ankle rig and you forget you have it on you. Best of luck

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    I have enjoyed reading this thread because I considering the Kahr line verses the polymer .38 of Ruger and S&W. OP sounds like the MK9 fits your needs the best. Enjoy.

GeoffM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a CW40, am really impressed so far, and the thing conceals like a dream! Trigger is weird yes, but it's a good weird I won't mind training with. I love how it feels in the hand. Their other models look nice too! I wouldn't hesitate...

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A good friend of mine got to horse trading one week-end. I came away with a sweet Kahr K40 Covert. He went home with a sweet pistol too.

The Covert model shares the same grip as the MK model, but has the standard barrel/slide length of the regular K Model. If wanted a small carry in 9mm, then I'd go with the MK9 and never think twice about it.

I think I'll be in a never ending love affair with my Kahrs as I am with my Colts and Glocks.

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    I had an all black P9, great concept of a pistol, great feel, shape, weight, even fit my 1911 holsters. BUT the magazines are junk, wouldn't hold rounds in, they flipped up, the extended mag was a complete joke for such an expensive pistol. And they say to lock slide back to load and not rack the slide. I always end up going back to my G19.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I had an all black P9, great concept of a pistol, great feel, shape, weight, even fit my 1911 holsters. BUT the magazines are junk, wouldn't hold rounds in, they flipped up, the extended mag was a complete joke for such an expensive pistol. And they say to lock slide back to load and not rack the slide. I always end up going back to my G19.

I remember that part about releasing a locked slide over a full mag to load. I think it was due to the higher recoil spring load and the slide not closing fully. I would always lock the slide back then drop a loose round in by hand and release the slide before putting the mag in. Didn't have to worry about topping off the mag each time and I kept a few loose rounds in the key bowl. Just inspect the rounds and shoot them as they become damaged.

I like the P9 much better than the CW series. I had nothing but problems with the CW I had to start with. It went back to Kahr twice. After the second time it finally fed better. I'd had enough of my carry gun not working 100% so I traded it on a revolver. A few years later I decided I'd try it again and bought a normal P9. It has been flawless since day one. No failures of any kind even during the 200 round break in period with WWB ammo. It feeds all weights and pressures of HST, Ranger, Golden Sabre and even the extra short Corbon 115 HP. I've had that gun for about 6 years now and am torn between it and the XDs in 45 for daily carry. The XDs has preformed perfect as well. I like the 45 but it is a bit much to shoot with one hand. I like the extra rounds in the P9 but shoot the XDs a fuzz better.

For anyone thinking about a Kahr in 9mm, it's worth the extra cost for the P series over the CW series. Extra mag right out of the box, dovetailed front sight, less MIM parts, better barrel.

Top Bottom