Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    No such thing as voter fraud and illegals voting I was assured of this and it was never proven.
    So obviously this is unfounded fake news since this can't happen.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's unreal to me that he was able to make that statement on TV and not immediately get an industrial scale butt-whuppin from the rest of the family when he went home.

Was he paid, and how much? Remember the left has bottomless pockets and no soul.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Rep Jim Lucas has gone to Springfield this weekend to see what’s going on over there for himself.

First Springfield Report
    I’ve been here less than an hour and already the trip has been worth it. I stopped by the Springfield Police Department and was fortunate enough to speak with their on duty officer and he was super polite. I introduced myself, told him where I was from and that I was simply on a fact finding mission about what we’ve been hearing in the news.
    He was obviously frustrated about the negative attention his town is getting and said a lot of it was blown out of proportion, but they were having challenges. The cultural challenges are an issue, as they are dealing with thousands of people that have a vastly different way of life than what our society is built upon. Like other areas of the country that are dealing with this issue, their social services are overwhelmed and becoming critical. Their police department is woefully understaffed and recruitment is down. As we were speaking, he had to leave to deal with a shooting incident, and this was before noon.
    Before he left, he gave me some tips on where I could go to see some things for myself and this is where I had the great fortune of running into a mail carrier.
    He was a 31 year old native of Springfield and just as nice as the police officer. He said their immigrant challenges have been going on since 2018, but the media has just recently brought negative attention to this issue and caused a lot of frustration. He said that for the most part, the immigrants are peaceful and good people, but he too said their social resources are at the breaking point. Schools are full and housing price and availability is a big issue.
    As many immigrants are accustomed to multiple people living in a single residence, a lot of landlords are charging by the room instead of the house/apartment, which has exploded housing costs. He sympathized with those citizens that can’t afford housing and are being displaced, but this is the reality.
    He acknowledged that while the immigrants are mostly good people, their driving sucks (they come from places with essentially no traffic laws) and people are upset that most are getting assistance to live here.
    I got some more scoop on other places to visit, so I’ll check back in later.

SPRINGFIELD UPDATE 2
    I stopped by a fire department and they’ve been instructed by city hall to talk to no one about this issue, so there’s that!
    Next stop is at a homeless shelter.

Springfield update
    I just left a local barbershop that was an absolute wealth of opinion, plus I got a rocking hot shave!
    To address the issue of pet buffets; none of the people I’ve talked to so far believe this to be true on a large scale and most are upset that that issue is distracting from the larger issue of way too many vastly culturally different people being pumped into a town that is already struggling with social services such as schools, police, fire, housing, healthcare, etc.
    However, many do believe that geese and duck are on the menu here.
    Another thing that’s made this trip worth it is the absolute lack of anything resembling racism. There has been none, zilch, zero, nada racism and everyone has been consistently somewhat sympathetic to those coming here.
    But, adding such large numbers of people that don’t speak our language, don’t respect our laws, are mostly uneducated and who are exacerbating housing, education and healthcare costs and services as people are dealing with the crushing inflationary cost of everyday goods and services is causing social stress and strain.
    Next stop, Walmart.

Springfield conclusion
    What an incredibly informative day! Springfield is a nice, typical Small Midwest Town, USA. It has some really nice areas, some not as nice, but everyone I talked to today was as down to earth as they were friendly and nice.
    At no time did political parties get mentioned, other than people are tired of the federal government putting tens of thousands of people in their community that don’t speak our language, aren’t familiar with our customs or social structure and possess little skills.
    Every person I talked to has sympathy for these people. They feel that landlords, employment agencies and some employers are taking advantage of those coming here, but the numbers being allowed to come here are simply overwhelming and making an already hard life for citizens that much harder.
    Things are incredibly out of balance and frustration is building. If this chaotic, out of control immigration policy continues at this pace, I believe there are going to be even more serious challenges in store for us!
    Time to wrap it up and head back home to the state that I love!
    Jim

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Rep Jim Lucas has gone to Springfield this weekend to see what’s going on over there for himself.

First Springfield Report
    I’ve been here less than an hour and already the trip has been worth it. I stopped by the Springfield Police Department and was fortunate enough to speak with their on duty officer and he was super polite. I introduced myself, told him where I was from and that I was simply on a fact finding mission about what we’ve been hearing in the news.
    He was obviously frustrated about the negative attention his town is getting and said a lot of it was blown out of proportion, but they were having challenges. The cultural challenges are an issue, as they are dealing with thousands of people that have a vastly different way of life than what our society is built upon. Like other areas of the country that are dealing with this issue, their social services are overwhelmed and becoming critical. Their police department is woefully understaffed and recruitment is down. As we were speaking, he had to leave to deal with a shooting incident, and this was before noon.
    Before he left, he gave me some tips on where I could go to see some things for myself and this is where I had the great fortune of running into a mail carrier.
    He was a 31 year old native of Springfield and just as nice as the police officer. He said their immigrant challenges have been going on since 2018, but the media has just recently brought negative attention to this issue and caused a lot of frustration. He said that for the most part, the immigrants are peaceful and good people, but he too said their social resources are at the breaking point. Schools are full and housing price and availability is a big issue.
    As many immigrants are accustomed to multiple people living in a single residence, a lot of landlords are charging by the room instead of the house/apartment, which has exploded housing costs. He sympathized with those citizens that can’t afford housing and are being displaced, but this is the reality.
    He acknowledged that while the immigrants are mostly good people, their driving sucks (they come from places with essentially no traffic laws) and people are upset that most are getting assistance to live here.
    I got some more scoop on other places to visit, so I’ll check back in later.

SPRINGFIELD UPDATE 2
    I stopped by a fire department and they’ve been instructed by city hall to talk to no one about this issue, so there’s that!
    Next stop is at a homeless shelter.

Springfield update
    I just left a local barbershop that was an absolute wealth of opinion, plus I got a rocking hot shave!
    To address the issue of pet buffets; none of the people I’ve talked to so far believe this to be true on a large scale and most are upset that that issue is distracting from the larger issue of way too many vastly culturally different people being pumped into a town that is already struggling with social services such as schools, police, fire, housing, healthcare, etc.
    However, many do believe that geese and duck are on the menu here.
    Another thing that’s made this trip worth it is the absolute lack of anything resembling racism. There has been none, zilch, zero, nada racism and everyone has been consistently somewhat sympathetic to those coming here.
    But, adding such large numbers of people that don’t speak our language, don’t respect our laws, are mostly uneducated and who are exacerbating housing, education and healthcare costs and services as people are dealing with the crushing inflationary cost of everyday goods and services is causing social stress and strain.
    Next stop, Walmart.

Springfield conclusion
    What an incredibly informative day! Springfield is a nice, typical Small Midwest Town, USA. It has some really nice areas, some not as nice, but everyone I talked to today was as down to earth as they were friendly and nice.
    At no time did political parties get mentioned, other than people are tired of the federal government putting tens of thousands of people in their community that don’t speak our language, aren’t familiar with our customs or social structure and possess little skills.
    Every person I talked to has sympathy for these people. They feel that landlords, employment agencies and some employers are taking advantage of those coming here, but the numbers being allowed to come here are simply overwhelming and making an already hard life for citizens that much harder.
    Things are incredibly out of balance and frustration is building. If this chaotic, out of control immigration policy continues at this pace, I believe there are going to be even more serious challenges in store for us!
    Time to wrap it up and head back home to the state that I love!
    Jim
    Seymour's Jim Lucas: doing the job the media used to do.

Top Bottom