• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The whole thing is Stoooooooooooopid! This forum alone has spent a week arguing its merits, the news media as hung out the sparkly and everyone is looking at it shine. Meanwhile, the one who needs to be sent packing is planning another multi million dollar vacation on our dime.

Wake up folks. This isn't the debate... It's da bait :hooked: and you're chasing it.

Just another distraction. Who among us did not do something stupid, embarrassing, illegal or what ever when we were young and smarter than anyone else. Not condoning this act. I have witnessed far worse. A lot of the folks who did this sort of thing are now lawyers, policemen etc. It is life happening and it will continue to happen regardless.
    Has this man changed now or is that allowed into the debate on his moral fiber? Has the president changed since his youth? Has any among us. I have.
    This is all smoke and mirrors designed and intended to do exactly what it is doing.....distract us from the real facts. Carry on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The whole thing is Stoooooooooooopid! This forum alone has spent a week arguing its merits, the news media as hung out the sparkly and everyone is looking at it shine. Meanwhile, the one who needs to be sent packing is planning another multi million dollar vacation on our dime.

Wake up folks. This isn't the debate... It's da bait :hooked: and you're chasing it.

For some silly reason I can't rep you. But that's exactly what's goning on. None of that is relevant. I dont care if Romney put his dog on top of his car 30 years ago or if a teenaged Romney bullied some kid, gay or not, 50 years ago. I don't care if Obama ate dog, or if he bullied girls when he was a kid.

What I care about is what those leaders will do with my country in the next four years. THAT's what's really important.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The number of years isn't relevant. Romney is still breathing, and still running for president. His adult decisions are being vetted. Americans want to know what kind of decisions he is capable of and what kind of character he has. He's obviously more than just the fake plastic smile and the rehearsed answers.

The number of years isn't relevant? So, something that you did in high school carries the same weight as something you do as President?

Maybe Romney's victim(s) deserve more privacy than Monica Lewinsky. But lets not act like the "indecency" of the vetting process is something new. He wants the job, better get used to having the media up his ass.
    The indecency is using a dead man for political gain over the protests of his family long after he's here to answer questions or make accusations. Can you not tell the difference?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    None of us are running for president, therefore what we did in HS is irrelevant. Romney's "prank" was a criminal assault against another person. Are there other such incidents? Is this how he tolerates diversity? This is not stupid. The man needs to be vetted.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    None of us are running for president, therefore what we did in HS is irrelevant. Romney's "prank" was a criminal assault against another person. Are there other such incidents? Is this how he tolerates diversity? This is not stupid. The man needs to be vetted.

Agreed....would you or I survive the Vetting process??
    My only point is that "NO" one is without fault at some level. If he is a bully, if that is how he deals with things then yes, he needs to be exposed. If this is a single incident then it needs to be let go. The family of the person allegedly bullied is not outraged, the witnesses are as much a part of this a Romney.
    A prank, bad as it was, done long ago and forgotten.
    If there is evidence of further acts such as this then we all need to take a long hard look.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The man needs to be vetted.

Absolutely. A pattern of similar behavior would be indicative of a character flaw. And if they're there, a Rambone pointed out, they WILL be brought to our attention and burned into our psyches (sp?).

So far no commie mentors, Marxist professors, '60's terrorists, or structural feminists in his background.

But if your seeking perfection, a candidate with 0 flaws, you'll be always disappointed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Absolutely. A pattern of similar behavior would be indicative of a character flaw. And if they're there, a Rambone pointed out, they WILL be brought to our attention and burned into our psyches (sp?).

So far no commie mentors, Marxist professors, '60's terrorists, or structural feminists in his background.

But if your seeking perfection, a candidate with 0 flaws, you'll be always disappointed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Agreed....would you or I survive the Vetting process??
    My only point is that "NO" one is without fault at some level. If he is a bully, if that is how he deals with things then yes, he needs to be exposed. If this is a single incident then it needs to be let go. The family of the person allegedly bullied is not outraged, the witnesses are as much a part of this a Romney.
    A prank, bad as it was, done long ago and forgotten.
    If there is evidence of further acts such as this then we all need to take a long hard look.

I have nothing like this incident in my past, but then I'm not running for public office either. The man comes across as a silver spoon born bully. His background needs to be examined. Just look at what's been revealed about former candidate John Edwards. We, as a a nation, deserve better.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Too bad the republicans missed the boat on Gary Johnson. We don't hear anything about him. I mean we don't hear nothing;)

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Criminal assault? Was there a complaint filed with police? Prosecutor? School? Romney's mother? I'm not a fan of Romney but all you plaster saints amaze me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have nothing like this incident in my past, but then I'm not running for public office either. The man comes across as a silver spoon born bully. His background needs to be examined. Just look at what's been revealed about former candidate John Edwards. We, as a a nation, deserve better.

That is not what I am saying. Not pointing at you in general as a bully or anything of the sort. Are you totally without fault in your life was my statement. No one is. I have committed acts that I wish whole heartedly could be reversed as a youth. I often wonder how I survived to this age.
    I wish there was someone else to vote for but it looks like this is what they are offering up. We all have to decide what we are going to do. If this is a point to consider for anyone then so be it. Far worse happens everyday in our schools right now. That changes nothing but the fact that this in its self is not all that mind boggling at least not to me. I was bullied relentlessly as a child. Most of those who did this to me have been payed back as I grew up and gathered some skills and grew a set as a result. The rest are dead or in prison for their continued stupidity.
    Yes, we need to know if he is a silver spoon hot headed bully. If those facts a relevant they will surface as the machine will leave no stone un-turned in their assault on him. Sit back, more will come if it is out there.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It seems this story is not exactly true

Of course it is a complete fabrication. It is what Axelrod does.

He made up a cargo ship full of nonsense about Jack Ryan and the media let him get away with it as: 1) Axelrod is one of them, 2) Axelrod is on the side of angels as far as the media is concerned.

Romney's "prank" was a criminal assault against another person.

Can we stipulate that not every touching is a battery?

Can we agree that high school boys are full of juice and sometimes do silly things?

Can we agree that fighting with a girl as Obama admits to is far, far worse?

Can we agree that this incident only happened in the living room of David Axelrod's lakeside condo?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    That is not what I am saying. Not pointing at you in general as a bully or anything of the sort. Are you totally without fault in your life was my statement. No one is. I have committed acts that I wish whole heartedly could be reversed as a youth. I often wonder how I survived to this age.
    I wish there was someone else to vote for but it looks like this is what they are offering up. We all have to decide what we are going to do. If this is a point to consider for anyone then so be it. Far worse happens everyday in our schools right now. That changes nothing but the fact that this in its self is not all that mind boggling at least not to me. I was bullied relentlessly as a child. Most of those who did this to me have been payed back as I grew up and gathered some skills and grew a set as a result. The rest are dead or in prison for their continued stupidity.
    Yes, we need to know if he is a silver spoon hot headed bully. If those facts a relevant they will surface as the machine will leave no stone un-turned in their assault on him. Sit back, more will come if it is out there.
    NP - didn't your comment as personal. Yes, we all have stuff in our past we'd do differently given the chance. I think of Mitt Romney as a nice guy, perhaps a bit out of touch, but not necessarily a bad choice for president. I'm nonetheless disappointed in such revelations because such behavior may indicate something undesirable about his personality.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    NP - didn't your comment as personal. Yes, we all have stuff in our past we'd do differently given the chance. I think of Mitt Romney as a nice guy, perhaps a bit out of touch, but not necessarily a bad choice for president. I'm nonetheless disappointed in such revelations because such behavior may indicate something undesirable about his personality.

Agreed.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

He made up a cargo ship full of nonsense about Jack Ryan and the media let him get away with it as: 1) Axelrod is one of them, 2) Axelrod is on the side of angels as far as the media is concerned.

Can we agree that high school boys are full of juice and sometimes do silly things?

Can we agree that this incident only happened in the living room of David Axelrod's lakeside condo?

Yes we can. It has had the desired effect as we can agree on that as well.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I'm interested in seeing the proof of your assertion.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010

Agreed, not every touching is battery. Forcibly cutting another person's hair goes beyond touching though.

Yes, most of us have silly things in our youthful past.

If Obama struck a girl, he should be called to task over it.

While Axelrod, or someone else may be behind stirring this up, I'm a long way from believing it to be a fabrication.

For argument sake, let's assume the story of Romney's "prank" is true. I would be happy to move on had Romney fessed up and apologized.

In my youth I was less suspicious of politicians. I have learned from such naivety.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm interested in seeing the proof of your assertion.

I'm interested in seeing proof that any of this is anything but a distraction from what's really important. Are you really ready to judge candidates' character today by their teenaged actions so long ago? Would it be fair to judge your character today by what you did in highschool? Of course if you're not that long out of high school it's fair. But having to look at himself in the mirror for the ~20,000 mornings since is a lot to mature and cultivate one's character. Would Romney do the same today? Would Obama the same things he did? Would you? I'm pretty sure not.

Top Bottom