This weather got anyone else thinkin bout longbeards?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    This will be my first year turkey hunting. I won a mossy 500 turkey thug at a nra banquet and it got the wheels a spinning. The mossy oak camo I picked up on sale a couple years ago will get put to use along with the new toys I've recently acquired. Gander mountain had Winchester xr long beard buy two boxes get a free box call and I jumped on that, along with a H. S. Strut Slate kit and I also picked up a flex tone turkey kit with slate and crow call, with a diaphragm call. It might be a little over the deep end with calls but I wanted options. So far the flex tone slate with wooden striker is the best sounding to me. The diaphragm calls make me gag and I can make them work but need to spit them out immediately. The Winchester box call will be going with me hunting along with the flex tone glass/slate striker. Brother in law has three places for me to try out turkey hunting this year and I'm excited!

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    This will be my first year turkey hunting. I won a mossy 500 turkey thug at a nra banquet and it got the wheels a spinning. The mossy oak camo I picked up on sale a couple years ago will get put to use along with the new toys I've recently acquired. Gander mountain had Winchester xr long beard buy two boxes get a free box call and I jumped on that, along with a H. S. Strut Slate kit and I also picked up a flex tone turkey kit with slate and crow call, with a diaphragm call. It might be a little over the deep end with calls but I wanted options. So far the flex tone slate with wooden striker is the best sounding to me. The diaphragm calls make me gag and I can make them work but need to spit them out immediately. The Winchester box call will be going with me hunting along with the flex tone glass/slate striker. Brother in law has three places for me to try out turkey hunting this year and I'm excited!

To many calls....Ha wait until you hear them gobble while your hunting really get hooked then you will start buying custom calls different calls new calls and calls just because they look cool.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    No such thing as too many calls!! The more types and variations, will give you more options. When one doesn't work, try another. Every couple of years I will go through my calls and the ones that I don't use anymore are the ones I give to kids or newbies to try out. Good luck.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Saw a hen at the Eagle Creek Pistol Range this morning. I've worked there off and on for 9 years and have never seen or heard one there, didn't know there were any in Marion County to be honest.

I also secured a new hunting spot in KY today. 15 acres with a cabin I can use, free of charge! Not sure if I'll be turkey hunting it because the owner hunts gobblers but he doesn't hunt deer so I'll be down there in early September trying for a velvet buck!!!!

Top Bottom