• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    One's house is not a free fire zone.

I know I get a lot of hate mail on this, but it is in everyone's best interest to understand that just because it is "meye property" does not mean that lethal force is authorized.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I know I get a lot of hate mail on this, but it is in everyone's best interest to understand that just because it is "meye property" does not mean that lethal force is authorized.
    You mean that you can't shoot them on the porch and drag them inside the house?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]You mean my "If you can read this you're in range" signs aren't valid legal arguments? Where was that purple...

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Haven't followed the case too close, but based on what little has been read, looks like a good call from the jury.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Yeah, you can't go from 'it was an accident' to 'self-defense' and expect to be taken seriously. It does tend to show that you should shut your pie hole though...talking for the record while pumped up on adrenaline or in shock is rarely a good thing. But then again when you're are in said state reason is not the most prevalent thought process.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, you can't go from 'it was an accident' to 'self-defense' and expect to be taken seriously. It does tend to show that you should shut your pie hole though...talking for the record while pumped up on adrenaline or in shock is rarely a good thing. But then again when you're are in said state reason is not the most prevalent thought process.

There has to be more involved with this man to have acted in that way. Every conversation I have ever had about home defense has included the line "Make sure they are inside and you shot them in the front....not the back". Every one. Not sure about Detroit but that is common knowledge around these parts.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    There has to be more involved with this man to have acted in that way. Every conversation I have ever had about home defense has included the line "Make sure they are inside and you shot them in the front....not the back". Every one. Not sure about Detroit but that is common knowledge around these parts.

I suspect he didn't have a plan.
    If you haven't already decided what you're going to do when someone is pounding on your door in the middle of the night, when it happens, you won't know what to do.
    Think about it and make your plan with your reasoning brain. That way a plan of action is already in place and can be followed. That's why the military, the police, and smart gun-owners train.
    It is a mistake to trust your reactive, primitive, reptile brain to guide you in these situations. :oldwise:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

Free fire zone? Not at all. However, if you bust through my front door, it is assumed that you mean to do harm to me.

Top Bottom