• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I was raised with guns. While they were put away, they were never locked up. We had immediate access to a few weapons which were always loaded. 4 kids over 30 years, never an issue.

I agree that keeping children away from guns doesn't solve a thing.

As far as keeping them locked up to avoid being stolen, many gun thieves these days take the safe and all, to open elsewhere at their convenience. That being said, it doesn't hurt either, but then again I don't live in town.

If you are going to have them in your home, it is very wise to make sure all who live there are taught in proper firearm care and use from as early as you can.

If a child proves to be potentially dangerous and/or unstable, then you may be wise to not only lock them up, but perhaps on another premises.

Believer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Killeen, TX
    All of these statements remind me of the lack of maturity of the kids in America today. In southern Ohio there are dozens of Amish farms where 10yr olds run teams of horses to plow field, butcher animals, and hunt game for the table. Teaching our kids to respect firearms and how to use them is no different that teaching em how to drive a tractor or hay mower or a car......all can do serious damage when they are not respected.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    This was in Idaho. If this had been in liberal Wisconsin, who knows what the DNR, and local and state officials would have done. Geez, I shudder to think. It's nice the kid can handle a gun, but the parents should have taught him about the dos and don'ts of bears. What if it had been a grizzly? I'm sure they're up in those parts. What if there were cubs around? I can imagine that newspaper article. Gun safety and security, is still a priority anytime, and anywhere.

Top Bottom