• ...and so much more!
  • billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    So I’m going to play Devils advocate and ask “What did the guy do to deserve being shot by the Officer” I know the guy is a turd and belongs in Prison but did he threaten the officer or pull a gun on him, something, anything to justify shooting him. Because the way the story reads its just another Police officer shooting a mothers innocent little boy. That will be all that comes from this.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So I’m going to play Devils advocate and ask “What did the guy do to deserve being shot by the Officer” I know the guy is a turd and belongs in Prison but did he threaten the officer or pull a gun on him, something, anything to justify shooting him. Because the way the story reads its just another Police officer shooting a mothers innocent little boy. That will be all that comes from this.

I was not there but knowing the perp and his history, and knowing how we are trained and the quality of that training, I'm going to say that the shoot was more than likely justified.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Previously arrested for unlawful weapons possession...play the hades advocate all you want. He deserved to be shot...probably before this traffic stop.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Traffic stop leads to officer involved shooting in Indianapolis | Fox 59

This little turd has MULTIPLE CONVICTIONS for felony-level "posession of a handgun by a serious violent felon" which ALL resulted in no jail sentence and only probation and community corrections.

This right here is why there is so much gun crime, nobody is afraid of getting caught with an illegal gun. All these pieces of **** carry with willful abandon because it has been proven time and time again that the court does not have the balls to get tough on gun crime. A mandatory minimum of 10 years should be imposed for any convictions of felony-level gun crimes. Make these criminals terrified of the consequences and they'll stop doing it.

I agree with your sentiment 100%

I have some qualms about any "mandatory" sentencing. Every now and then, there is someone who isn't really dangerous but did something stupid. Those "someones" typically deserve punishment but not necessarily to be treated like a dangerous criminal.

I'm not sure how else to hold the courts accountable though.

Definitely getting rid of the war on drugs would at least make some room for violent criminals.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    Im not saying he wasn’t a bad guy! Im asking what he did in that instance to be shot, the story is very one sided and there will be plenty of flack especially with only 1 of the officers shooting, why didn’t the other officer draw and fire his weapon. The story doesn’t even put a weapon in his hand, it says in his pants. Sounds to me just by reading the news story that it could have been a good guy sitting there with a gun on him and got shot. Be ignorant all you want but you can’t just shoot him because he’s a scum bag!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Which judges need to be fired? This is where to start.

The libs would like us to believe that the whole problem is guns and the war on drugs. :poop::bs::poop: Hold these judges accountable for their jobs.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'd up that to 20 years hard labor with no chance of parole.

So long as the crime is real and not mere possession, I'd be tempted to agree.

If a man can't be trusted with full freedom, he should still be in the cage. This is why we need to turn the stoners loose, so that there is plenty of room for the :poop:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I absolutely agree but you're going to have to build a whole lot of new prisons to make that happen. The reason so many of these animals are walking around free is because of Federal Court Orders to release prisoners due to overcrowding. We have far more criminals than cells. One thing that would help tremendously is to end the War on Drugs and stop incarcerating people for marijuana. That has created FAR more problems than it solved.
    Sheriff Joe Arpaio has a solution for that: tents surounded with barbed wire.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im all for mandatory minimums... but only for repeat offenders. Zero tolerance leads to zero thought.

Guy gets wrapped up and does something stupid but is otherwise upstanding, he may deserve a break. But in my mind you get popped for a first offender felonious act, and you catch a break, OK. The second time around (felon w a gun) I say "give him a fair trial and then hang him."

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Im not saying he wasn’t a bad guy! Im asking what he did in that instance to be shot, the story is very one sided and there will be plenty of flack especially with only 1 of the officers shooting, why didn’t the other officer draw and fire his weapon. The story doesn’t even put a weapon in his hand, it says in his pants. Sounds to me just by reading the news story that it could have been a good guy sitting there with a gun on him and got shot. Be ignorant all you want but you can’t just shoot him because he’s a scum bag!

I am just guessing, but I think he had the gun in his hand ..... and the officer saw it ..... THAT, would be enough for me !!!!!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

If you believe everything you read in the paper/watch on the news, I have nothing for you.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    If you believe everything you read in the paper/watch on the news, I have nothing for you.

I Do not believe everything I read I'm just saying that the way the article was written things do add up and leaves a lot of holes in the story. I am also not saying that the officer was wrong in shooting him but most people will take the story at face value and the next thing you know an innocent man was shot. I'm not saying that is the case but it does leave a lot of questions. I am not anti LEO by no means I appreciate the jobs that you do but in this case the media is not helping any!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Are you really saying all this outside of Purple.....really. Do you think like so many others out there that LEO just shot him because.
    There was "No" ignorance here at all.

What are you advocating, holding hands and singing songs..........Just curious.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I Do not believe everything I read I'm just saying that the way the article was written things do add up and leaves a lot of holes in the story. I am also not saying that the officer was wrong in shooting him but most people will take the story at face value and the next thing you know an innocent man was shot. I'm not saying that is the case but it does leave a lot of questions. I am not anti LEO by no means I appreciate the jobs that you do but in this case the media is not helping any!

Helping does not stir the pile. It does not boost ratings. That is what "Media" is about these days.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Been the same since the 60s. Want to look like you're "doing something" about "gun violence", pick the easiest target, law abiding John Q., and impose more regulations.

Today, there an entire industry built around helping, managing and incarcerating problem people. It gets bigger every year and it's not going away.

Always follow the money.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Traffic stop leads to officer involved shooting in Indianapolis | Fox 59

This little turd has MULTIPLE CONVICTIONS for felony-level "posession of a handgun by a serious violent felon" which ALL resulted in no jail sentence and only probation and community corrections.

A mandatory minimum of 10 years should be imposed for any convictions of felony-level gun crimes. Make these criminals terrified of the consequences and they'll stop doing it.

Where did you find that he had multiple convictions for felony-level "posession of a handgun by a serious violent felon", I ran his name through doxpop and mycase and he has been charged twice for that offense but it was dismissed both times. He was convicted of criminal gang activity and possibly aggravated assault.

And why a mandatory minimum if a gun is involved? Is it worse because it is a gun and not a knife or bat?

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/revenue/colorado-marijuana-tax-data

Still, not shabby. I wonder what the difference is between taxes vs money seized in years prior.

I also wonder what the cost savings have been in regards to LEO wages not having to go for enforcement, court expenses, public defenders, jail, etc.

Previously arrested for unlawful weapons possession...play the hades advocate all you want. He deserved to be shot...probably before this traffic stop.

Why should it be unlawful to begin with? To quote Thomas Jefferson "No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms.".

So long as the crime is real and not mere possession, I'd be tempted to agree.

If a man can't be trusted with full freedom, he should still be in the cage. This is why we need to turn the stoners loose, so that there is plenty of room for the :poop:

This.

I am just guessing, but I think he had the gun in his hand ..... and the officer saw it ..... THAT, would be enough for me !!!!!

Per the police two guns were found, one in his pants the other on the floor of the car.

I don't believe everything I read in the paper, but do you have any more info on this that you can share? I'm not saying it is a good shoot or bad, just that there isn't enough info available to make a decision.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

If a police officer is carrying out a traffic stop, and walks up to the detained car to find an occupant holding an unholstered firearm, the Reasonable Man standard fully supports the officer reasonably believing that the person holding the firearm represented a mortal threat - and that's without any specific knowledge regarding the vehicle's occupants or their intent.

Top Bottom