• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Such rampant violence turns my stomach.

If you watched the video and wondered to yourself what you would've done in that situation, force-on-force allows you to test yourself in just such a circumstance. Puffed up attackers, people yelling, bystanders rubber-necking, cars moving around-- all that makes for quite the mess.

In reality that driver could've solved his problem in the first 3 seconds of the video. Or sooner if he had simply decided to avoid that parking lot.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why is everyone saying they wouldn't have even stopped at that place? I am not gonna let the thugs determine where I stop to a scratch off or whatever else I want at that location.

I am not gonna drive across town or even down the block because thugs have decided the gas station is the hangout spot. STAND UP TO THESE PEOPLE! :patriot:

I hear what you're saying, but I really must say that it is not wise to put oneself in a bad spot. It's a balance. And I'm guilty of taking improper chances with my own safety, too.

I ride my bicycle everywhere I can. Even places where people say that I should not. I say, "this is my town, too. I should be able to go anywhere, anytime of day or night that is public and nobody is going to stop me", alas, that attitude may end up getting me hurt someday.

What should I do? not live my life? I certainly would never bend to respect such street urchins.
    My wife deserves to have me alive at home. Every person deserves to go through life without being hassled. We don't live that reality.

Riding around today was beautiful. I think about it, fortunately, "Do I want to take a short jaunt through a known high crime area? or make it home safe to have a nice St. Valentine's dinner with someone that appreciates my company more than the coroner does?"

It breaks my heart knowing people don't have a chance to defend themselves. The video was from 2010 in a place I don't even know where. It could be anywhere. It's not going to get better. My heart breaks for society.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Has anyone really stopped to consider the outcome of blowing that thug away? Maybe you legally defend yourself and kill the guy but then what? The rest of the group advances on you and you do what? Start shooting them all?

Not being fecetious here, just wondering what really happens in situations like this? I'd still be hesitant to pull and fire in that situation.

At's what high-cap mags is for,ain't it?......and carry'n more'n 1?.....:dunno:

:twocents:........The dude'd been deadmeat when he came thru that window....'specially after the first punch........I'da drain'd his oil for'im...
    Rest of'em?.......Pffffttt.......they'da scatter'd like roach's......GUARANTEE ya.....

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    I personally probably wouldn't have stopped because it's just usually my son and I when we go places. I wouldn't have put us, especially him in the situtation, but if for some reason I was in this mans shoes I hope it would have went much differently. I would have shot the bas**** turned the wheel hard and ran him over as I left. Vehicles are a VERY good weapon for killing or seriously injuring, might as well use it.

Got a safe distance away make sure no one followed and then called 911.

This is the reason I am armed everywhere I go, that and the fact there have been 2 murders 2 suicides and 4 armed car jackers all in 15 miles in the last 4-5 days of where I live...... And I don't even live in a bad area. People who think that it could never happen to them are nieve.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I would have pulled into reverse after he punched me and his shirt was being held by my passenger. Oops, accidentally closed my window on his white tee too.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Has anyone really stopped to consider the outcome of blowing that thug away? Maybe you legally defend yourself and kill the guy but then what? The rest of the group advances on you and you do what? Start shooting them all?

Not being fecetious here, just wondering what really happens in situations like this? I'd still be hesitant to pull and fire in that situation.

Not actually being in the situation, please accept this only as conjecture. I would have defended my life! Consider the fact that they guy could have been killed by one of those blows. Besides, have you ever seen what happens when one person starts firing on a thug in that situation? His friends, relatives and supporters scatter like rats! They do not try to help defend him; they cover their own butts.

Advance? No, the odds are there would only be comical retreats taking place. Some running into walls and others into each other.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I am thinking the victim could have put the car in reverse and left the scene while the getting was good. An armed man might have 1 more option other than to retreat. An armed man could have drawn his weapon. But if you draw you must be prepared to fire. What would the chances be in court in the event of shooting an unarmed assaillant? Probably don't have time to sort all this stuff out in your head when the SHTF, but am thinking the best response would be to put the car in reverse and leave. All done. If I shoot the guy for punching me, he is still unarmed, and I probably have a serious legal fight for my freedom on my hands. Shouldn't be that way, but that's probably the way it would go down.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I teared up watching that. This is the reason we cannot allow our rights to be infringed. The very people who want to ban guns would be alright with this kind of violence, just as long as a gun is not utilized. This would have been the perfect time for a gun in the hands of someone with proper training AND some nicely placed ricochets. :xmad:

Man Que that is Spot on.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    What DO you do ? move? If you go into these 'jungles' you could end up in a same situation, shoot? it can be an option,but then the jury hangs you ,they would say take a beating and let them idiots be. Im born in the wrong century,its getting all for the bad guy now[in some 'hoods']in big cities.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I wouldnt move, gangstas get shot.end of story. or I move ,later their car, house burns

Huh?

An armed man could have drawn his weapon.

Maybe. Maybe not. It's not nearly as easy as one might think, especially given the issue of close-in shooting and retention.

0e2f721f.jpg

Even in a no-pressure skills-only FoF session (this wasn't a scenario) with the BG across the road I'm slow on the draw.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Htn5ZpNYe8[/ame]

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    In reality that driver could've solved his problem in the first 3 seconds of the video. Or sooner if he had simply decided to avoid that parking lot.

+1.

If I was picking up a pizza or whatever and saw those people out front, I'd have driven right on by and called the restaurant to apologize that I won't be able to get there tonight due to the loiterers.

Some might call that racist, I call it smart.

Yeah, and "huh?" to the same post about cars and burning houses.:scratch:

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If avoiding a situation is always the right answer, some of us would NEVER be able to do anything! What if that person was in their own neighborhood and the criminal just happened to choose that day to pick on him? Also, what should he do now? Should he NEVER go to that store again, just because someone may choose that day to use him as a punching bag? OMG, I hate these responses just as much as these kinds of videos. I'm no advocate for violence, but responding to violence is sometimes necessary.

I was talking to someone the other day about bullies. My parents always told me to pick up something and "go across his head" if anyone tried to bully me. Today, I would probably be thrown in jail and presented as a criminal for defending myself. That is partly why our society is now filled with people who are terrified to defend themselves. On the other hand, some people are just scared. No thanks, I can't live life avoiding everything.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    If it were my neighborhood, I'd be planning to move.

My response to "haul ass" and never go back was made because it isn't my neighborhood; I have other options.

It's a dim outlook, but turf has been staked out (urban vs. rural), the division is becoming more pronounced, and the urban areas are best avoided if possible. Common sense from my POV. Nothing to do with being scared. I don't need to wind up in a completely avoidable SD shootout because I chose the wrong convenience store. Yes, it can happen anywhere, but I choose to play the odds in my favor. That's what I mean by "common sense".

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    I know this may or may not surprise some of you, but something somewhat similar to this occurred just recently in Bloomington...

When a large group of homeless people (~5) stopped traffic on one of the busiest streets, a driver rolled down his window, castigated them and told them to get out of the road. A homeless man rushed him and start pummeling him through his window. The driver tried to drive away and the homeless guy got dragged with the car a ways, but was relatively uninjured.

The driver was arrested and charged. They even had video of it. The homeless guy later got a ticket for jaywalking, but the mayor interceded and got the charge dropped (not only for the homeless guy who attacked the driver, but for all of the homeless people who had stopped traffic for several minutes and had been issued tickets).

I $#!% you not.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    To some of the "just keep driving and don't stop" responses. I've seen places go from empty to this in an instant before. I don't know if that was the case here, but have you ever been somewhere right when a concert lets out or the bar closes... Etc. A crowd can grow in seconds. Not to mention, what if this is every store/gas station in the area. Leave one to go to another just like it?

Some people forget a car can make a very useful weapon as well. Not only would I have threw it in reverse, while trying to get a gun in hand, but I would have turned my wheels as well to take out the threat on my way backwards... I'll deal with the insurance issue of hitting the car next to me down the road. I would have tried to remove my attackers legs with my vehicle.... 1000 different scenarios here, but this video is only 1 of tens of thousands out there. This behavior can happen anytime, anywhere. This type of thing is more likely to happen (in my opinion) then a random robbing or some other event. This si the type of thing I try to prepare for...

dangar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    Geez. Hard to say for sure how I would have reacted. Given the environment, I likely would have opted to not pull in in the first place. If I were there and this happened, I would likely have simultaneously pissed my pants, fumbled for my gun, and quickly put car in reverse (yeah, I'm a multi-tasker). If it escalated to where my life was in danger (as it did in this video), I would have used my firearm to escape the situation and then call 911.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If it were my neighborhood, I'd be planning to move.

My response to "haul ass" and never go back was made because it isn't my neighborhood; I have other options.

It's a dim outlook, but turf has been staked out (urban vs. rural), the division is becoming more pronounced, and the urban areas are best avoided if possible. Common sense from my POV. Nothing to do with being scared. I don't need to wind up in a completely avoidable SD shootout because I chose the wrong convenience store. Yes, it can happen anywhere, but I choose to play the odds in my favor. That's what I mean by "common sense".

My response wasn't directed at anyone in an attempt to be offensive. It has nothing to do with urban vs. rural. If you believe it cannot happen in a rural area, you are mistaken. It probably happens right now and you are just not aware. The thing with odds are, there is a chance that one day they will not play in your favor no matter what you do. Also, it has nothing to do with being scared. Who wouldn't be scared in that situation, but when fear alters a person life, that's another story. I just wish criminals were afraid the common citizen could possibly give them a third eye and avoid taking these kinds of actions.

Top Bottom