I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw the thread but did not read it.
    Wow.....he will be missed.
    I understand his feelings. When I was seriously involved with racing at a professional level and working my HVAC career I had very little time for my kids. The money was insane but I was not around much. Just the 500 was a 30 day chunk from my (and their) life. At the track by 6:00 AM and not home before 10:00 PM for 30 straight days. Add in at least 10 weekends off racing in who knows where. I realized this was taking away precious memory's from all of us and threw in the towel. I am glad I did.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I made a comment somewhere this weekend that it seemed like there had been a drop off in threads I found interesting...maybe now I figured out why.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I saw the thread but did not read it.
    Wow.....he will be missed.
    I understand his feelings...

Ditto. I seen the thread, but I don't remember the title saying "I bid you farewell"? Must be the mad cow?
    Nothing wrong with stepping away for a bit. A forum is made of numbers, not individuals.:twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ditto. I seen the thread, but I don't remember the title saying "I bid you farewell"? Must be the mad cow?
    Nothing wrong with stepping away for a bit. A forum is made of numbers, not individuals.:twocents:

Yes but...the overall tone of the group is the sum total of those individuals as a group. There has been a lot of people leave who have made a definite impact here. I will miss most of them.
    This is not the 1st purge I have seen. Will not be the last I am sure.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Doc made some good points. I left Facebook in 2006 just as it started allowing all members of the public to join, and became a phenomenon. I haven't missed it for a moment, and haven't lost touch with anyone I actually care to keep up with.

Perhaps an INGO break is in order as well. Have to think about that.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I went back and re-read Doc's goodbye post.

If he can't trust himself not to use INGO and Facebook excessively, is it a good idea for him to have access to things like morphine? (I am kidding)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...the overall tone of the group is the sum total of those individuals as a group
    ...This is not the 1st purge I have seen. Will not be the last I am sure.

Yep. Look for a wave of INGO lurkers to become more active as frustrated (and banned) members drop away from regular posting. What may seem to be an appropriate tone to some, may well be keeping many more at bay due to the subject matter of that tone.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Oh no! Are you going to make a dramatic exit and take a sabbatical like hoosierdoc and indydave?

Hoosierdoc left??! What when where how why

I did not know Hoosierdoc left.....wtf people. No calls/texts/PM's.....................:dunno:

I missed it apparently. .damn.

Didn't leave or didn't leave for long.
    Monkey on his back...:drama:

Are we taking bets on when IndyDave will return? He's left and returned once already too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Didn't leave or didn't leave for long.
    Monkey on his back...:drama:

Are we taking bets on when IndyDave will return?

Dave still Lurks. He hit my rep button a short time ago. He is just not posting.
    This place is an addiction. That and I have made so many good friends and acquaintances. My skill sets have more than doubled and my temperament has been mellowed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This place is an addiction. That and I have made so many good friends and acquaintances. My skill sets have more than doubled and my temperament has been mellowed.

Yes sir! I didn't know what skill set meant before I came. Trying to embrace the mellowing myself. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom