• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I agree , its almost as silly as starting a thread to complain about something that 2 other people are doing that has nothing to do with you or anyone else .......OH wait ahhhhh

Nevermind ....LMAO:rolleyes::n00b::laugh::D:patriot:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    The key word is "probably"

The key word in your post is "probably". I know my weapon was made in Connecticut. You don't know if he is right. He does not know if he is right. "Probably" interjects the stigma of doubt and guess who get the disadvantage of the doubt--not the person who broke the rules but the guy who posted his weapon on there does not get the benefit of the doubt. It also gets bumped to the top and everyone looks at it again. That is pretty crappy. Every reader is exposed to this question and unfairly my weapon is questioned. Also, notice that another guy was talking about a gun from Cabela's over a 100 miles away. He posts that the gun is too high but he does not talk about shipping cost(25-35 bucks) from cabela's which must be overnighted, the drive to the local gun shop to get, the lack of taxes and paperwork, and the FFL transfer fee of $15-60. Also, the local gun shops, in my experience, do not really like to transfer stuff in from competitors so it can be a little awkward for the transferee.
    For someone who has 10 years of selling experience, I call this question an objection. An objection is an obstacle to closing a sale. Every person is given the objection, whether it is true or not. It is against the rules of our forum and i believe it to be unethical.
    Sounds to me he PROBABLY knew what he was talking about. PROBABLY more than you know about your own weapon. If he doesn't want a Winchester that's made in Japan then he PROBABLY did the right thing asking first so when he gets there to buy it he is not stuck with it.

I agree with you on the price blathering. That's a buyer/seller negotiation and no one else's business unless they are buying or selling the item in the ad, not one like it.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    then again

whos to say that deal is still available...gander mountain put these good deals in the paper and then you go to the store and they dont have it and no rainchecks....so maybe the item is underpriced to get you into the store to buy something that is more money. if you can get the item at your store and you need it you might pay more than retail...we call this supply and demand ...if you can sell your gun for your asking price then you priced it right. Value is determined by what another person will pay for your item and the utility received from the item-- not the price tag you put on it.
    i agree a pm is the way to respond to things like that. i know if i had priced a gun out here and didnt realize that the priced dropped in the stores that id want to know but in a pm not being publically minisculed. its too bad that there are people out here that dont do their homework before they respond to an ad and look like a freakin reatrded a-hole.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i appreciate the humor

I wish I never started this thread because I am going to have to answer all these questions. It was my winchester that was impacted by the Japan quote and then I saw it again on a guy's pistol.....It should be also noted that when idiots ask questions without using PM's it unfairly bumps the ad to the top when you are only supposed to do it every 24 hours.
    I agree , its almost as silly as starting a thread to complain about something that 2 other people are doing that has nothing to do with you or anyone else .......OH wait ahhhhh

Nevermind ....LMAO:rolleyes::n00b::laugh::D:patriot:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Japan

It says on the gun made in New Haven Connecticut.....ask winchester not me if it was made in Japan...I am selling a working gun not promoting protectionism....i said probably because the guy made me doubt it just like he made everyone else doubt....i dont really care either way.If you look on the barrell it says made in new haven connecticut USA...
    A legitimate question about its point of manufacture is not frivolous or in anyway denigrating to your product. You originally stated that there was no way that yours was made in Japan then a few posts later you're saying that it PROBABLY wasn't made in Japan so it seems that while the origin isn't an issue with you it may be to others. As a for instance I am in the market for a Barretta 92 but I want an Italian one, not one made in the USA.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    So good of you! :D
    Thank you. :D

By the way the gun says made in New Haven so if made in Japan then winchester should be questioned and not me

Um, no. Now we've taken it too far. You're selling something. A man has a right to ask a perfectly valid question... you can either supply the answer or tell them you are ignorant of the answer. A question about whether my Sig is a W German stamped, carbon slide gun or a [insert country] milled stainless is perfectly appropriate. I would, in fact, feel embarrassed if I couldn't answer the question as the seller. Then again, I'm a geek about my special interests.

What that potential buyer should *not* do is be a douche about the way he asks the question. "That one of the gooduns from the US or one of them damn ol' Jap guns?!"

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    um no

:popcorn::ar15::tinfoil::horse:
    You are missing the point....he does not have the right to ask a question in the classified thread as he agreed to follow the forum rules..that is the point of this thread....he can pm me and ask and I will answer if I feel like it or just totally ignore him if I think he is an idiot.
    Thank you. :D

Um, no. Now we've taken it too far. You're selling something. A man has a right to ask a perfectly valid question... you can either supply the answer or tell them you are ignorant of the answer. A question about whether my Sig is a W German stamped, carbon slide gun or a [insert country] milled stainless is perfectly appropriate. I would, in fact, feel embarrassed if I couldn't answer the question as the seller. Then again, I'm a geek about my special interests.

What that potential buyer should *not* do is be a douche about the way he asks the question. "That one of the gooduns from the US or one of them damn ol' Jap guns?!"

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You are missing the point....he does not have the right to ask a question in the classified thread as he agreed to follow the forum rules...

Posting questions about the specific item in an ad are not against the forum rules.

:dunno:

What is the point again?

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    I'm the one who asked if your gun was "one of those Japanese made Winchesters." It was an honest question which you neglected to ever answer (besides in this thread). Rather than groom a potential sale you decide to complain because someone asked a question about something you are wanting to sell? I don't get it. None of the arguments you have made here make any sense. It is perfectly within the boundaries of the classified forums to ask questions within individual threads.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    The key word in your post is "probably". I know my weapon was made in Connecticut. You don't know if he is right. He does not know if he is right. "Probably" interjects the stigma of doubt and guess who get the disadvantage of the doubt--not the person who broke the rules but the guy who posted his weapon on there does not get the benefit of the doubt. It also gets bumped to the top and everyone looks at it again. That is pretty crappy. Every reader is exposed to this question and unfairly my weapon is questioned.

Is that not the purpose of a question? Had you answered it within your thread everyone would then know the origin of your rifle. It would do nothing but add more information to your ad.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    answer

I take your word that your interested in buying but I did not see it that way when I read your post. I interpreted it as derogatory. You should have used PM and I would have answered you but I did not really notice till my ad was bumped because of your question. You are an experienced user of this forum and you should have used PM.

While you may say your question was DIRECTLY related to the item it did not appear that it was DIRECTLY related to the sale of the item. My ad got a free bump, you suggested my rifle was Japanese, etc. This is plain English. I have been speaking in plain and coherent English.
    FROM THE RULES about classifieds...

7. Keep comments related to the ad directly and no ad bashing! ex. "Your price is crazy high. What a POS, etc." We also don't want to know if you think it's a great price, a nice gun, etc. Because ads move so quickly, the staff are having to spend huge amounts of time deleting irrelevant posts in threads to keep them from bumping early. Please keep all comments DIRECTLY related to the sale of the item in question. To clarify this, we mean an offer to buy/trade, notice of PM, questions about the specific item, etc. If an ad states WTS then do not ask if they will trade. If the ad states WTT do not ask if they have a cash price.

ANY OTHER COMMENTS WHATSOEVER are off-limits and belong in their own thread in one of the other forums. ABSOLUTELY NO "Free bumps!" It's up to the thread starter to bump his/her own ad and the rules clearly state ONE bump every 24 hours. Do NOT ask in the forum to see pictures. Your continued access to the Classified Forums hinges on your ability to follow this simple rule

Please... please, please, please articulate to me in coherent English why a question would be an inappropriate post. I'd love to know.

Top Bottom