• ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    :popcorn::ar15::tinfoil::horse:
    You are missing the point....he does not have the right to ask a question in the classified thread as he agreed to follow the forum rules..that is the point of this thread....he can pm me and ask and I will answer if I feel like it or just totally ignore him if I think he is an idiot.

Um, no. I'm not missing your point; you're just failing to make a successful and compelling argument in your attempt to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the rules to your own end.

Legit questions are ok.

(Inputting from a droid or I would add some cute lil emoticons too.)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So we can all put this to bed:

Asking a legitimate question about an item for sale in the classifieds in the thread is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE.

Free bumps, opinions, compliments, and all other off-topic commentary are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

In this particular case, the question asked was clearly within the guidelines. While the question certainly could've been worded differently as to not offend the OP, it was a legitimate question in regards to that particular rifle.

My advice to the OP, given this situation, would be to simply answer the question publicly, just as the question was asked. A simple 'yes' or 'no' would suffice.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County

Asking a legitimate question about an item for sale in the classifieds in the thread is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE.

Free bumps, opinions, compliments, and all other off-topic commentary are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

In this particular case, the question asked was clearly within the guidelines. While the question certainly could've been worded differently as to not offend the OP, it was a legitimate question in regards to that particular rifle.

My advice to the OP, given this situation, would be to simply answer the question publicly, just as the question was asked. A simple 'yes' or 'no' would suffice.

Very Well Said...:rockwoot:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The sales forum rules say you can't do this.
    Seems simple to me.

"7. Keep comments related to the ad directly and no ad bashing! ex. "Your price is crazy high. What a POS, etc." We also don't want to know if you think it's a great price, a nice gun, etc. ..."

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    question

just close the thread...i am over it

My advice to the OP, given this situation, would be to simply answer the question publicly, just as the question was asked. A simple 'yes' or 'no' would suffice.[/quote]

Last edited:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    If someone posts a price that is way too high...they will just get lowball offers or will never sell the item, so...no big deal.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011

Very well said! I think that it's pretty clear that the question about the rifle was a legitimate question, related directly to the item for sale. The negative connotation given to the question seemed to be all in the OP's perspective. Nothing wrong with a Japanese made Winchester, for a shooter. But this is something that a collector would want to know.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

The original point made by the OP was:
    "There is a guy who has a nice pistol for sale and some guy put a note that it is cheaper at Cabela's and he is selling it too high. ..."

The Rules of the INGO Classifieds -> You MUST READ before posting!
    7. Keep comments related to the ad directly and no ad bashing! ex. "Your price is crazy high. What a POS, etc." We also don't want to know if you think it's a great price, a nice gun, etc. ..."

Responding to an ad in the classifieds by remarking that the price is too high and it can be bought cheaper someplace else CLEARY violates Rule 7.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    The original point made by the OP was:
    "There is a guy who has a nice pistol for sale and some guy put a note that it is cheaper at Cabela's and he is selling it too high. ..."

The Rules of the INGO Classifieds -> You MUST READ before posting!
    7. Keep comments related to the ad directly and no ad bashing! ex. "Your price is crazy high. What a POS, etc." We also don't want to know if you think it's a great price, a nice gun, etc. ..."

Responding to an ad in the classifieds by remarking that the price is too high and it can be bought cheaper someplace else CLEARY violates Rule 7.

You are right, but the OP had 2 complaints in his original post. The first was the "price is too high" comment, which was clearly against the rules. The second was the legitimate question about the Winchester, which was clearly allowed by the rules.

I don't think you should be able to post in someones thread a permanent note about your objection to the gun or its price. I put up a Winchester 94 and some bloke asks me if it was one of them Jap model. Well, everybody who looks at my post has to see this idiot's suggestion that the Winchester was made in Japan when it was made here in the good ole' US.

For what it's worth, the OP also called the member asking about the Winchester an "idiot," which is also against the rules. You really shouldn't break the rules when complaining about someone breaking the rules. :):

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    so this thread has wasted time of my life I can never get back. heres my summary to save anyone else who considers reading it some time.

one guy is mad at another guy because neither guy read the classifieds rules or reported the other guy who broke them. yep. I think thats about it.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    At first I thought I had wasted all this time reading this thread. Then it occured to me I'm a freakin millionaire. All my guns I thought lost value {because they are now "used" guns} when I purchased them had in fact done the opposite and became more valuable than "new" guns because guns can't lose value!

Woooot Wooooooot :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Yahoooooooooooooo! I'm rich!! My wife is going to be soooooo happy! :D

Top Bottom