This evening I bought 22LR for $0.047/round. No line.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    My local Walmart. The old guy that works the counter knows my face, knows what I'm looking for. He said "You're in luck tonight. Limit is 3 boxes, I assume you're buying 3?" as he cracked open a cardboard box that I believe contained 10 or 12 bricks. I guessed out loud the price per box and guessed high by $10. Their price $23.97 per box before tax.

Its out there and still cheap (ok, reasonable), you just have to be in the right place at the right time. Luck.

22LRAmmo_zpsc95c4133.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Nice find I stopped looking

Ya, you can't do that. I've been walking through this Walmart for a few months about 2 or 3 times a week on my way home from work. I've walked through the East Washington St. & South Emerson Ave. stores during the same time. About 5 months ago, OkieGirl walked through & picked up 300 rounds of Mini Mag for $7.97 / 100 at the same store.

You just got to beat the gun store flippers.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Ya, you can't do that. I've been walking through this Walmart for a few months about 2 or 3 times a week on my way home from work. I've walked through the East Washington St. & South Emerson Ave. stores during the same time. About 5 months ago, OkieGirl walked through & picked up 300 rounds of Mini Mag for $7.97 / 100 at the same store.

You just got to beat the gun store flippers.

Still not worth my time to stop, park, walk in and walk back out yet.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Glad to see .22 LR coming back down to, at least, 'reasonable' levels. I'll wait a bit longer, I've no need for it at this time.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I don't even bother walking back to the sporting goods counter unless I know that .22LR is there. We have a few local guys that show up most every morning just hoping that they bring some out. Me? I check stock the night before, so as not to make a wasted morning trip to Wal-Mart.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I went to Wally world today to buy some wiper blades. I stopped and asked about .22. The guy said that I would have to come daily at 7:30am and eventually I would score some.

I said, I guess the ammo will go to the unemployed. I am at work at 7:30.:)

I have picked up some here and there. I don't shoot .22 much these days as I am trying to learn how to shoot my 9mm, so it's not a big deal. I will patiently wait and pick it up when the timing is right.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I don't even bother walking back to the sporting goods counter unless I know that .22LR is there. We have a few local guys that show up most every morning just hoping that they bring some out. Me? I check stock the night before, so as not to make a wasted morning trip to Wal-Mart.

They stock in the morning, not at night.
    Checking at night will almost always be a wasted trip.

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I agree with "it's still not worth my time" statement. I did seen several boxes of .22 mag boxes at the Sunnyside Walmart today........

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    They stock in the morning, not at night.
    Checking at night will almost always be a wasted trip.

I mean that I check every evening to see what ammo came in on the truck that afternoon to see if I need to be there the next morning or not. I'm not going to be at Wal-Mart at 7:00 AM unless I saw that .22LR came in the afternoon before.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I found 2 500rd packs at Castleton Gander Mountain today for 22 each. I bought 1 and my wife bought 1. They still had 2 or 3 left. I was shocked to find it.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

I've been to Walmart about once per week for the last 6 weeks. No .22 on the shelves each time.

I've learned in the past few months when you go has a lot to do with your chances. Based on conversations with MORE THAN TWO workers, I started focusing on specific days of the week in a time period that I learned my store unloads trailers and moves new product to the shelves. It wasn't long after that I came up with a hit. YMMV.

My store has an auto shop. So I park there & walk in, the ammo counter is 10 yards past that. I'm in and out in no time, avoiding the stupid main lot and traffic in the front.

Top Bottom