This could be last year most of us will get a refund......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Refund? What the hell is a refund? I'm a dink (double income no kids). We pay a ****load in taxes and had to pay a ****load more at tax time. A family member made less than $20k for the year and got back $6k for a refund. I paid in more than she made, and ended up owing $3k. Our country is ****ed.

Everytime this happens, I wonder, how can you "get back" more than you paid in?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Everytime this happens, I wonder, how can you "get back" more than you paid in?

It's called the Earned Income Credit. Try telling those who file for it they're getting a welfare check. They'll argue with you til they're blue in the face that it's their money. They'll never have the intelectual honesty to look at their withholdings amount and compare it to their return amount.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    GSA = General Service Administration (
    http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/100000) are the ones under investigation for there multiple trips.

GAO = Government Accountability Office (http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/100000) which are the number crunchers for things Congress is trying to pass or has passed into law.

-Jedi

Wow...it was there all of 30 seconds before I realized my error...still, you caught it.

You really are a Jedi.

Or the server is really slow at committing updates.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How about if they stop taking taxes out of the paychecks. Make everyone write a check out once a year. Throw in sales, property, all taxes on one check
    There'd be a revolt the next day.
    People accept it, cause they don't see it.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I just heard romney say that he would limit the kind and ammount of deductions and everything is on the table. He did not mention one thing about limiting government spending, so I think you are right no more tax returns only bills.
    :laugh: Why does Romney think he'd have such the authority?

It's called the Earned Income Credit. Try telling those who file for it they're getting a welfare check. They'll argue with you til they're blue in the face that it's their money. They'll never have the intelectual honesty to look at their withholdings amount and compare it to their return amount.
    This is a good example of wealth redistribution. Earned Income Credit was part of welfare reform as an incentive to work for a living. Positive aspect is people have to work to be eligible. Welfare should not be a part of the tax code though. Alternatively, the income threshold should be raised to include me.

How about if they stop taking taxes out of the paychecks. Make everyone write a check out once a year. Throw in sales, property, all taxes on one check
    There'd be a revolt the next day.
    People accept it, cause they don't see it.
    There'd not be a revolt, just millions of rubber checks.

Top Bottom