• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Ok I think I have ruled out the Range Officer because I do not care for the target sights on it. I would prefer sights with some form of dots. Wouldn't mind night sights either. I would prefer to buy a 1911 with those already on them.

I was zero'ing in on the Sig Nitron but I stumbled across this review:

Gun Review: SIG SAUER 1911 Nitron | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

Does anyone know anyone who has a Nitron? Did they have similar issues?

read the comments at the bottom of the page in your link. Then cross sig off your list.;)

badequinox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    I have a few Colt, Sig, Para and after shooting one planning on a remington r1. Never had any problem with any of them. The para is more of a budget 1911 but still made exceptionally well.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    IMO its according to your budget and if your a gun snob or not, I have seen some cheap llama's out last some of the more expensive models and vice versa, it all depends on you. Personally I just picked up a used American tactical M1911 and I like it. It was cheap yes, but it does what I want it to do.

mattritchie238

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Despite my lusting after the Super Carry Pro I previously mentioned, I'll add a +1 for Springfield 1911's. My Lightweight Loaded Champion is my favorite firearm that I own.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I purchased a Ruger 1911 as my first 1911 that I've owned. I liked having their first 1911 and it was cheap. Bradis is taking deposits. I got mine at another LGS after taxes at 750. I keep seeing them at 799. I think Bradis was the best price but as of last week they didn't have one. I'm used to shooting Glocks but I carry a Shield.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Have had & shot Springfield Armory 1911's for years now without any failures that I couldnt fault due to underpowered ammo or a bad mag.Also have the best customer service out any other company that I have dealt with,always get to talk to a live person

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I am a fan of Springfields. My dad had a series 70 nickel Colt 1911 that was beautiful to look at but had lousy reliability. My economy 1911 is a Springfield loaded model from around 2001. I bought it used at Gander Mountain and it has been an excellent pistol. 2 years ago I decided to bite the bullet and buy a custom 1911. I bought the Springfield professional operator which is also known as the bureau model or FBI gun. It's a custom shop model and about 3000.00 when I bought it. It is a great gun but my other Springfield is a good gun and much less expensive. I think it speaks well of Springfield that not only are their highest grade guns awesome, but there more economical models are very good guns as well.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    Having owned many 1911's, the majority of which are Colts, the one pistol I always pined for was the STI Trojan. It was on my bucket list. I'm kind of surprised nobody mentioned it, but since I'm a little bit removed from the 1911 crowd these days would that still be a good choice or not ? I'm also a big fan of the Dan Wessons, but mine are all pre-CZ.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think the "best bang for the buck" 1911 is a Les Baer or Guncrafter Industry. I have/have had Glock's, Wilson Combat's, Baer, Nighthawk, Kimber, Guncrafter for handguns and I believe that Baer/Guncrafter are the best value per dollar. Yes, they are pricey, but you definately get your monies worth and as always, buy once/cry once. Whatever you decide to go with, safe shooting! :patriot:

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    I am an addict but I will try to save you some money because I've already forked over a lot of tuition dollars to get this far. Of the models you've narrowed it down to go ahead and buy the SA LW operator assuming we can't talk you into the TRP because the TRP gets much of the parts and attention that the FBI HRT pistols get without the price and the 2 year wait. They have excellent customer service and a custom shop. Shoot it and find out what tiny little features and nuances you like and don't like are. Ignore every 1911 owner that hasn't spent over $1500 on one for just long enough for you to get a copy of "The Combat Auto" by Bill Wilson. Read it. Decide exactly what it is you want on your next 1911. Then have Les Baer, Ed Brown, or Wilson Combat make it for you. Otherwise, you'll spend a fortune acquiring 1911's like the rest of us...and you'll still want a Baer, Brown, or Wilson.

Top Bottom