• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colts1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kokomo
    well thread says it all thinking about selling or trading ar and all the ammo for a m1a. My thought is that if the ammo is going to be close in price i would rather have the m1a. So what do you think ingo am i crazy???

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Get the M1a. I'm biased though, since I love old wood and steel guns. Everything about them is the same price these days so get the thing that will hold value once this all blows over.

lawrence1139

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Muncie
    To sell or not to sell

Only sell your gun if you are going to buy another. Just remember there are not alot of people out there with M1A's compared to AR's. So if need be you have less chance of trading with you fellow gun owner.
    Hope this helps

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Not crazy at all. I did the exact same thing a year ago and was one of the best decisions I made IMO. I enjoy shooting the M1A so much more than I did the AR and as far as I'm concerned, the M1A is more accurate, more solid, more durable, more dependable..... well, just more. :)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    No comparison. Nothing better than some good wood in your hand! ;)

M1A2.jpg

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The M1A is MUCH more difficult to jam, and you may find that the constant bang bang bang without a break to clear everything every few rounds, may get boring.

Luv me some M1A

colts1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kokomo
    well were would you guys suggest i try to trade at dont really want to do it on ingo. Not because im going to try to screw anybody just think i would have better luck somewhere else. the AR is bout 1200 and have just short of 3k in ammo 1k brass 1500 steel and round 120 of xm855 have some loose hanging out just havent counted it. So i know i have enough to do a fair trade

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I wouldn't do it. I prefer the ergonomics of the AR rifle. There is a reason it's so popular. The performance, light weight and ability to customize it to you are unmatched. If you need a .30 caliber I suggest looking into the 308 AR's.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Older M1A's were made with all or alot of USGI parts, very solid, the newer ones have alot of parts made over sea's now and a number of guys have had problems with failures on the newer ones.....Lifetime warranty is great though, but who wants to use that right out of the box and a number of guys have. This is with SAI, however many guys have had no issues with the newer ones...the M14 forum has alot discussion on this. Personally I found a older one with all USGI parts and it have confidence in it. I love the power of the M14 platform. Nothing wrong with wanting to trade for one, if you don't like it youn can always go back to the plinker.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    As partial as I am to the AR line.... the M1 series are just plain special. If I could trade an AR, mags and some ammo for another M1A then I would !!!

But, having said that I have more ARs than M1A types.... and theres enough for each family member, a few spares and plenty of spare parts for all types of rifles.

Even my avatar has a few of my M1As and no ARs pic'd....:dunno:

downrise14

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    NWI
    If you could find someone willing to trade their M1A for your AR15 do it. I would trade my AR, mags, ammo, scope, for a stripped M1A in a heartbeat.

downrise14

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    NWI
    Or, if you would, point me in the direction of such a person willing to trade a M1A so I could make the trade. Hell, I would pay you a finders fee!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom