• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colts1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kokomo
    So far all the thoughts on the pro side of a trade have been my thoughts. Havent found a trade haven't even tried yet but just wanted to see if I was crazy or not. And with the ar craze right now if I could find a guy with a couple m1a's and wanting to grab a ar then I would jump on it but really doubt someone would but you never know. Never thought I would see the day a colt 6920 would go for 2700 bucks

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I probably would. The only thing that would hold me back is parting with one of my firearms. I really hate parting with any of them. The M1A is much better though!

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    If you have 3K .223 sell it and AR. I've noticed the price on these are up a little. Watch the clasifieds closely. Not to long ago someone sold a M1a supermatch. Doesn't get any better than that. Would trade ANY of my AR type rifles for a nice M1a.

colts1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kokomo
    My opinion the m-14 are the finest service rifle the u.s. military has ever made. Just the cost of the m1a is what has keep me away but if the ar stuff is going to be close in price kinda a no brainer

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    No comparison. Nothing better than some good wood in your hand! ;)

I wholeheartedly agree. ;)

ak47.jpg

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I'm a bit confused here, someone please correct me on this if I'm wrong but... AR-15 prices aren't the only ones that have gone up. Just because an M1A was $1,400-1,600 a month ago doesn't mean it still is right now. If there is a potential ban, it will be included the same as an AR-15.

Not trying to rain on your parade here but my M1A with Sage EBR is worth about 3-4 AR-15's, the ammo has always been a LOT more expensive, and mags about double the price.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    OP, first thing to do is find a store that actually has an M1A in stock (even the new ones have very few problems, if any, per the M14 forum). If they aren't moonbat crazy high, put a down payment on it. Sell your AR for a currently reasonable market price and then pay off the M1A. Mags and ammo are always easy sells if you aren't crazy on the price.

I recently moved my AK collection out and bought an M1A and mags, but kept my AR.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i love M1As and AR10s, but i wouldn't trade outright. AR15 is much more ubiquitous, meaning ammo and magazines (current crisis not withstanding) is generally easy to find, and cheap. the same can't be said for .308 - though it is indeed popular.

stick with your current weapon and save up cash.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Go for it. Grab an M1A, or at least find a USGI M14 parts kit to stach away and then start hunting for a good receiver. I built mine on a Fulton Armory. You can also do the same with a newer Springfield M1A, just remove commercial parts for your USGI. Then sell your new parts or stash them away.

Top Bottom