• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Lost my virginity in the woods, still have yet to find it??

herbert.gif

J/K:laugh:

angelfire

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    westside indy
    the only thing i ever found n the woods was stuff i was looking for besides i rarely go into the woods but anyways i use to go looking for arrowheads and stuff like that but i did wind up finding alot of poisen ivy one time not a very nice findif you ask me lol

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I cam across a pretty good sized rock, wedged in the 3 way fork of a tree. It was about 20 feet off the ground. I had seen pictures of this before but never in real life. Kinda makes ya wonder.

crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    I have one of those. Do you know of a good way to clean/preserve it for display?

the only thing I know to do is to put salt on it to keep the bugs off and let it dry out. I tryed to soke the one on the left in the picture in bleach and water and it messed it up now the base of the rack is diffrent then the rest of the rack. I am not sure of the proper steps to preserve them.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    the only thing I know to do is to put salt on it to keep the bugs off and let it dry out. I tryed to soke the one on the left in the picture in bleach and water and it messed it up now the base of the rack is diffrent then the rest of the rack. I am not sure of the proper steps to preserve them.
    Don't use bleach, it will actually destroy the bone structure and make it brittle. Use google, it will help. Basically you use industrial strength hydrogen peroxide (I'm not sure how strong) and you mix it with some (corn starch maybe?) to make a paste that you smear onto the skull only, so that the antlers don't get anything on them.

wmitchell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Franklin, In
    I foregot to include this when I started this thread. Last fall I stopped to look over the bridge on one of the creeks that goes through my property to see what people had dumped this week. Of all things to find, there was the head of a 10 pointer in the water. After fishing it out it was about a 120" buck that someone had taken the time to cape so they could mount it. Figure someone made their wife mad and she threw it out of the freezer.
    I also fount a big newspaper box you put money in to get the paper in the same creek.

Top Bottom