• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoTown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    West Lafayette
    I like the decals that a friend of mine has pasted on each of his entry doors. It says:"BURGLER! NOTHING IN THIS HOME IS WORTH YOUR LIFE! Remember with tax dollars coming in to local governments at new lows, very few county prosecutors will even attempt to prosecute or challenge self defense claims.
    I find it in my immediate interest to obtain one of those. However, I'm a college student living in a community close to campus which is about 80% students, so this is probably left to basic assumption.

...Whatever. I still want one.

And the crimes are jumping everywhere. My family has a place in Siesta Key, FL where my Nana lives, and she now has to carry mace in her car and drive around her neighborhood at least twice before pulling into her driveway because there has been such a huge issue with men following elderly women home, macing them as they get out of their cars, and taking off with their purses, jewelry, etc...
    Back at my parents' house in Grosse Pointe, MI (along the border of eastside Detroit), there is constant monitoring on one stretch of road (particularly a church parking lot known to have a substantial portion of affluent members) by police because there is evidently a gang of somewhere between 30-50 men ages 20-40 that routinely mug women in the same way. It's pathetic.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I find it in my immediate interest to obtain one of those. However, I'm a college student living in a community close to campus which is about 80% students, so this is probably left to basic assumption.

...Whatever. I still want one.

And the crimes are jumping everywhere. My family has a place in Siesta Key, FL where my Nana lives, and she now has to carry mace in her car and drive around her neighborhood at least twice before pulling into her driveway because there has been such a huge issue with men following elderly women home, macing them as they get out of their cars, and taking off with their purses, jewelry, etc...
    Back at my parents' house in Grosse Pointe, MI (along the border of eastside Detroit), there is constant monitoring on one stretch of road (particularly a church parking lot known to have a substantial portion of affluent members) by police because there is evidently a gang of somewhere between 30-50 men ages 20-40 that routinely mug women in the same way. It's pathetic.

Hah! Are talking Altar Road? Been to that border zone once or twice for work back when I lived in mIchigan. The Estside is nothing to mess with. Heck either is the west side for that matter. Michigan has been a "shall issue" state for a while now. Are your parents armed?
    And let's all of us stay safe and keep our "radar"up.

Last edited:

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Everyone stay vigilant.. look out for your neighbors and community!

I like that comment Chefcook made about blood trails and screaming.. Lol!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    2ndAmendment2.jpg
    2aSecurity.jpg

MoTown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    West Lafayette
    Hah! Are talking Altar Road? Been to that border zone once or twice for work back when I lived in mIchigan. The Estside is nothing to mess with. Heck either is the west side for that matter. Michigan has been a "shall issue" state for a while now. Are your parents armed?
    And let's all of us stay safe and keep our "radar"up.

Actually, the road I'm talking about is the stretch of Moross from Mack Ave. to the entrance ramp onto I-94.
    But Alter Rd. is of great familiarity to me. I lived about a half mile east of it and have traveled it many times.
    From what I'm told the small square mile at the very edge of Detroit and Grosse Pointe has the highest crime rate in the country.

...Good thing all the high school kids that didn't have a driver's license yet would ride their bikes into that area to buy alcohol.

I have had a gun stuck in my face on two occasions. Neither of them were pleasant.

Detroit has a lot of problems, and it is no secret that it is struggling harder now than ever before. I read in the Free Press about a year ago that the average price of a home was ~$20,000. I just really hope there's a way to turn things around (or at least provide some alleviation) before SHTF.

Despite the endless perceptions and stories Detroit has provided the world free of provocation yet rich with fascination (rhyme not intended), I still love it.

I come from a GM family and I have been made more than aware of the golden days of Detroit. And of course, I have plenty of great memories which may bring bias. It will take a seemingly infinite amount of work to bring back the city, and it certainly doesn't help that they for some reason decided to place their industry on the water rather than the storefronts, but a catalyst must present itself for the wheel to start rolling.

...Is it just me or does it seem like that got off-topic?

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Things are getting worse! See Annie's thread on the Fort Wayne traffic shooting yesterday......It's in this section.

Effin effers!

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I have been out of town for the last couple of days, Ok more like 2 weeks. What has been going on in Columbus? I don't read the paper there as I just work in the town.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Just follow the blood trails and the screams you'll find us...:D
    i think thats somewhere id rather not find myself.
    Is she 4-5 years old? My daughter told me for Christmass she "NEEDS" a baby sister! :faint:
    The 2 yr old baby brother just is not cutting it for her.
    no, shes two.

heres a conversation we had last night as i was sitting on the floor organizing my safe.

[points to a shotgun] whats that daddy? a gun.

[points to a mosin] whats that daddy? a gun.

[points to original shotgun] whats that daddy? a gun.

[points back to mosin] whats that daddy? a gun.

and this went back and forth for about five straight minutes.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Things are getting pretty crazy in the Fort Wayne area as well. It is freaking nuts out there, robberies, break ins, homicides, road rage tis the season i guess?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Castleton, Indianapolis
    I work retail in a mall in Indy. It's a pretty decent mall, not much crime is reported. This will be my third Christmas there, and I have seen more arrests and reports this last month then since I've been hired. It's insane. I haven't seen anything really in the news (which I probably should watch more) but I know I've stopped keeping a gun in my car. In the last week alone, I know outside of my store three cars were stolen. And people this year are just horrible. It's going to be a wonderful season.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    on an unrelated note, where does everyone live and what kind of stuff do they have in their houses?
    well, my number's 668. I'm the neighbor of the beast.

all kidding aside, with the bailout economy and the overseas job market, things are definitely going to get worse before they get better. stay alert!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    If a thief broke into my home, they would probally come back and leave me better stuff...

Same here, but that still doesn't mean I'm leaving it open to thieves either. If I happen to be home and someone breaks in, they will be looking down either the barrel of a .45 or a 12 ga. :draw:

Fireman85

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    I think it is crazy to see how people act these days. Nobody for anybody but themselves. They don't respect anybody.

Top Bottom