• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The original Colonel Sanders, while not a real colonel, did shoot a guy. He probably deserved it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I find the whole ad campaign to be idiotic and disrespectful to the Colonel. I haven't eaten KFC in years, and don't plan to anytime soon....they've sucked since the Colonel died. Just like Wendys immediately went down the ****ter after Dave Thomas died.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I find the whole ad campaign to be idiotic and disrespectful to the Colonel. I haven't eaten KFC in years, and don't plan to anytime soon....they've sucked since the Colonel died. Just like Wendys immediately went down the ****ter after Dave Thomas died.

MICROAGGRESSION!!! MICROAGGRESSION!!!!!:runaway::runaway:

I'd do the current Wendy's chick though!!!:naughty:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just love it that arguably Kentucky's most famous person is a Hoosier. :D

Oh us river rats milk that little tidbit.....John Schnatter is from Jeffersonville as well...The two most famous food kingpins Louisville claims are from Indiucky...:)

I have a cool "Papa" John Schnatter story as well....His cousin Eric tended bar at Danny Boy's back in the 80's....Me and a couple of buddy's got a Papa John's pizza about a month after he started making pizzas...His dad Jack, a local liquor salesman (and great guy) owned Mick's Lounge and John was making pizza's in the closet there...We were going to order a Pizza King pizza when Eric said to give his cousin's pizza a try....My first Papa John's pizza was delivered by John and he hung out with us while we ate it...

I told him he should find other work as the pizza sucked and was no Pizza King pizza...John, to his credit did not get mad but he said to me that "You are used to pizza out of can ingredients and the fact that these ingredients are fresh have thrown you off.."

With the benefit of hindsight...I should have said.."I have got $1000...Here it is...See what you can do with it..."

johns_story.jpg

1403275719-papa-johns-founder-i-am-the-american-dream-john-schnatter-5.jpg

http://blogs.wsj.com/atwork/2014/03/07/this-pizza-mogul-got-his-start-in-a-broom-closet/

Last edited:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    If you can handle it, the new Nashville hot is great stuff. But if your biscuit was left to soak in the juice like mine was...look out. :xmad: <<<< Not anger. HEAT after juice soaked biscuit. whew doggies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    David Alan Grier is black? Major Charles Emerson Winchester III?

David Ogden Stiers
    Actor

David Ogden Stiers is an American actor, voice actor, and musician, noted for his roles in Disney animated films, the television series M*A*S*H as Major Charles Emerson Winchester III and the science ...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh us river rats milk that little tidbit.....John Schnatter is from Jeffersonville as well...The two most famous food kingpins Louisville claims are from Indiucky...:)

I have a cool "Papa" John Schnatter story as well....His cousin Eric tended bar at Danny Boy's back in the 80's....Me and a couple of buddy's got a Papa John's pizza about a month after he started making pizzas...His dad Jack, a local liquor salesman (and great guy) owned Mick's Lounge and John was making pizza's in the closet there...We were going to order a Pizza King pizza when Eric said to give his cousin's pizza a try....My first Papa John's pizza was delivered by John and he hung out with us while we ate it...

I told him he should find other work as the pizza sucked and was no Pizza King pizza...John, to his credit did not get mad but he said to me that "You are used to pizza out of can ingredients and the fact that these ingredients are fresh have thrown you off.."

With the benefit of hindsight...I should have said.."I have got $1000...Here it is...See what you can do with it..."

johns_story.jpg

1403275719-papa-johns-founder-i-am-the-american-dream-john-schnatter-5.jpg

This Pizza Mogul Got His Start in a Broom Closet - At Work - WSJ

I like this read and repped him for it.

I like how the guy didnt get overly defensive, or discouraged or anything negative. He watched you eat his food and waited for feedback. He responded to criticism not with an attitude, but with a logical explanation.

He obviously had a passion and believed in his passion and himself. And his reality at current speaks for itself. Pretty inspirational really.

Top Bottom