• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It is just the continuation of crippling our military.

Some might say that the A-10 is obsolete, well tell that to the arabs that were lucky enough to survive the attacks against their tanks during the first gulf war. They said they didn't know that the A-10s were in the area until their tanks started blowing up around them. Testimony to a great close support aircraft that will never truly be obsolete.

In this day and age, it is more important to give money to those who will not help themselves. The easiest way to do that is take money from our military, which since we are no longer at war with anyone, we don't need a military

Jimmy Carter tried this a long time ago, walk softly and don't carry any stick. Didn't work too well. In this day and age, strength is not achieved by apologizing and bowing to those sworn to destroy you, it is maintained by keeping the greatest group of protectors in the history of mankind as the stongest group of protectors of all times. Walk loudly and carry a huge stick does more to keep us safe than ignoring the threat for the sake of feeding those who refuse to do for themselves.

And the sad thing is our great members of the military will go as far as laying down their lives, in the name of those who refuse to do for themselves.

As many know here, that A-10 is one of my favorite weapon systems, and one I would love to own one if we had a right to keep and bear arms that wasn't infringed upon.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    They have been saying the A10 was going bye bye when I went in the Air Force in 83'. Funny thing, I spent the next 10 years fixing them. Of course, their usefullnes was proven during the Gulf. Brings back alot of memories hearing about them again.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Whats an MC-12? A piper cub with a model 12 Winchester attached?

Ok I looked them up...WTF? Are we going to be dropping briefcases on the enemy now?
    They tried retiring them before, look what happened, they tried retiring the Habu (SR-71) Look what happened, it's a sad day, the A-10 is an awesome platform!!!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    The MC-12W is a medium- to low-altitude, twin-engine turboprop aircraft. The primary mission is providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, or ISR, support directly to ground forces. The MC-12W is a joint forces air component commander asset in support of the joint force commander.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    C-12_Huron_in_flight.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Perhaps it's not the entire NG that's losing the A-10. The OP only specified the Fort Wayne base. Maybe they don't have much use for an A-10 fleet in the Fort.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Been a long time coming... the A-10's, despite how awesome they are, have been working on numbered days for a while now.

Somebody has to fly the small dorky aircraft, guess Ft Wayne's number came up when they drew from the hat. :(

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I grew up at Hulman Field with F-100's and F-16's. My father was a crew chief there for 33 years--full timer. In fact, my father gave the 181st the nickname: "The Racers" when he was Lead Recruiter for the State of Indiana.

My brother is a CE, he transferred to St. Louis when HUF "went admin." I did 4 years there myself. It was sad day for me when I found out the "sound of freedom" left HUF. Now this?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom