• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    The A-10 is also one of my favorite aircraft of all time. I would love to own one, were that not frowned upon by everyone's least favorite uncle.

A truly sad day indeed.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    It's simply Karma . During the Gulf - round 1 , they had Falcons .

None of the WUSSIE pilots would volunteer to go (cause they had kush airline jobs) so the unit stayed home .

They were given Hogs but the pilots were still WUSSIES .

Now their getting something more fitting of their character .

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I know a guy from Huntingburg that learned to fly at the airport there. He ended up flying B-2's until his cycle time expired. They shifted him to the A-10 during the Gulf fiasco and he absolutely loved that old bird.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I love seeing the A10s up there. I feel safer with them up there compared to an intelligence plane. What kind of A** can it kick none?

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    If I could fly, it'd be one of the planes on my list. The whole concept of designing a plane around a cockpit and a honkin' big gun just appeals to me. Another is the AC130! :yesway:

I'm no math wiz or anything, but it seems like getting rid of quite a few aircraft (not just the A10) + adding a surveillance aircraft = sending out drones to fly missions based on surveillance data. :dunno: ...idunno, just a WAG trying to make sense of such a move. An entire air war could be fought from your bedroom in the basement of your parent's house in Schenectady! :rolleyes:

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    so they arent going to close the base...BUT!

Ft Wayne air natl guard base is staying open ...they however are going to no longer call it a natl guard base, but a natl SPY base.
    the gov. Has decided to replace the A-10 warthogs with new "intelligence gathering " planes.... hmmm? Wonder why they would need those in the crossroads of America?

Thoughts? :popcorn:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    At least with the King Airs we won't have to worry about how thick the concrete walls are, just how thick the tin foil is!

MAJB Retired

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    It's simply Karma . During the Gulf - round 1 , they had Falcons .

None of the WUSSIE pilots would volunteer to go (cause they had kush airline jobs) so the unit stayed home .

They were given Hogs but the pilots were still WUSSIES .

Now their getting something more fitting of their character .
    Ouch! Probably true for a specific group, but let's not paint all the reserves with this :patriot:

scarboni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Unknown
    Thank Obummer! Maybe he can issue some G.I. slingshots if thats ok with the bad guys,wouldn't want to put an eye out or something...........

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The Fort Wayne Air National Guard base is losing it's A-10s and gaining MC-12s. Which would be very cool if they were Maseratis, but they are not.:(
    That ****ing bites....
    The MC-12W is a medium- to low-altitude, twin-engine turboprop aircraft. The primary mission is providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, or ISR, support directly to ground forces. The MC-12W is a joint forces air component commander asset in support of the joint force commander.
    The MC-12 is just a Taxi for the Command Group...

INGO group buy? I'll be glad to "manage" it.
    Sad indeed about the A-10.
    -Jedi
    I'm in!
    Betcha they get mothballed in a state that requires little more than pulling the shrink wrap off, flushing and replacing fluids, to get them airworthy again.
    Hell the A-10 is so Hearty they will probably just put new fuel in it when she is needed again...
    Ft Wayne air natl guard base is staying open ...they however are going to no longer call it a natl guard base, but a natl SPY base.
    the gov. Has decided to replace the A-10 warthogs with new "intelligence gathering " planes.... hmmm? Wonder why they would need those in the crossroads of America?

Thoughts? :popcorn:
    There is nothing that the MC-12 does that a Satellite cannot do better, faster, and easier. Not to mention is probably already being used for that reason...
    Ouch! Probably true for a specific group, but let's not paint all the reserves with this :patriot:
    If the Shoe fits... :popcorn:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I was a jet engine tech on A-10s for 12 years. Three years at RAF Woodbridge, UK and 9 years at Grissom. We converted from A-10s at KC-135s in 1994. Sad day when the last one left.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The A10 is probably one of if not my favorite military aircraft. My brother told me when he was in the marines on the ground, that there was no better feeling when you seen you seen a couple A10's on the horizon comming to tear the bad guys a new A&^*(*&:rockwoot:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    My favorite aircraft. Used to live out by Greenfield and on a low altitude flight path frequently used by a group of A-10s. Often didn't hear them until after they went by. Felt lucky every time they went by.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

No "broad strokes" here .

In about 93 I served with a few of the bomb builders of the 163 fighter sqdn , the "black snakes".

They were STILL pissed at the pilots for not volunteering , thus making the whole unit miss "the big game" .

Top Bottom