• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    Yeah I think that's true in many cases. Pills are one of the hottest things out there right now. Strangely, I think it is because they are viewed as safer because they are regulated by the government. Dosage is going to be exact, less chance of getting a bad or improperly cut dose, like with heroin being too hot, or coke being cut with battery acid or something. Also, less chance of getting ripped off. Its harder to fake a pill with numbers and markings, etc.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Anyone watch Longmeir?

An episode last season involved a drug "arrangement" between a local Pharacist and some gang thugs. The Pharmacist sold them the list of people who recently bought drugs, what kinds and their addresses. Made me wonder how many Pharmacists are dirty.

Most aren't dirty, but many are lazy and/or overloaded with work.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yeah I think that's true in many cases. Pills are one of the hottest things out there right now. Strangely, I think it is because they are viewed as safer because they are regulated by the government. Dosage is going to be exact, less chance of getting a bad or improperly cut dose, like with heroin being too hot, or coke being cut with battery acid or something. Also, less chance of getting ripped off. Its harder to fake a pill with numbers and markings, etc.
    All true.

But when it comes to justifying the choice to make some illegal and other legal, what real difference exists between the two to make that a believable and logical argument?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    ...I'm listening?

Expanding on post 28 in this thread, I had a prescription for hydrocodone while dealing with an orbital fracture. The prescription was for, as prescribed, between 2 and 3 days per filling. Being the pragmatic person I am, I wanted to avoid having to run in and out in preference to staying home for about a week. This sh*theaded pharmacist pounced with a snide attitude treating me like a criminal rather than politely explaining his position, and signally failed to advise me of some side effects, and on my last visit (which I never did get the merchandise) I went one day, was told they didn't have time to fill it while I waited, but would have it later. I figured the next day should be later enough, so I went back the next day. Then that stupid MFSB started yelling that I just had it filled 'yesterday' when in fact I had walked out empty-handed. I barked at him pretty good (which was well deserved) and rather than address the fact that he was 1., being a complete dickhead, and 2., was objectively wrong, he picked up the phone, started dialing, and declared he was calling the police. Needless to say, he had better be praying to whatever deity in which he may believe that he never so much as needs me to **** on him if he catches fire.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Expanding on post 28 in this thread, I had a prescription for hydrocodone while dealing with an orbital fracture. The prescription was for, as prescribed, between 2 and 3 days per filling. Being the pragmatic person I am, I wanted to avoid having to run in and out in preference to staying home for about a week. This sh*theaded pharmacist pounced with a snide attitude treating me like a criminal rather than politely explaining his position, and signally failed to advise me of some side effects, and on my last visit (which I never did get the merchandise) I went one day, was told they didn't have time to fill it while I waited, but would have it later. I figured the next day should be later enough, so I went back the next day. Then that stupid MFSB started yelling that I just had it filled 'yesterday' when in fact I had walked out empty-handed. I barked at him pretty good (which was well deserved) and rather than address the fact that he was 1., being a complete dickhead, and 2., was objectively wrong, he picked up the phone, started dialing, and declared he was calling the police. Needless to say, he had better be praying to whatever deity in which he may believe that he never so much as needs me to **** on him if he catches fire.

Did he in fact call the cops? If so, did you broach the topic of false informing?

Either way, I'd bring it to the attention of whoever licenses him as well as his employer.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Did he in fact call the cops? If so, did you broach the topic of false informing?

Either way, I'd bring it to the attention of whoever licenses him as well as his employer.

I just left. I should make a phone call. It just hasn't come to the top of my 'to do' list between recovering, dealing with all of the standard problems, looking after grandma (even though that pretty much amounts to cooking and making sure she doesn't forget to do anything critical), the fact that today is day 37 and not a penny from worker's comp in spite of the fact that check was supposed to be in the mail (quite late) last Wednesday, and no one has answered the phone all week. Just all of life's annoyances.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I just left. I should make a phone call. It just hasn't come to the top of my 'to do' list between recovering, dealing with all of the standard problems, looking after grandma (even though that pretty much amounts to cooking and making sure she doesn't forget to do anything critical), the fact that today is day 37 and not a penny from worker's comp in spite of the fact that check was supposed to be in the mail (quite late) last Wednesday, and no one has answered the phone all week. Just all of life's annoyances.
    If they didn't fill the scrip, but are showing it filled, their counts should be off. If they aren't, someone there is stealing pills from you. I might talk to the cops if I was you.

ETA: do so posthaste before the pharmacy recycles its surveillance footage.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The biggest difference is consistency in manufacturing....

Yup. I don't encounter narcotics arrests that often, and when I do I tend to pawn them off on someone who cares about that sort of thing and continue on with my robbery/shooting/stabbing investigation. However I ran into bindles of heroin on a recent search warrant and when they were tested, 3 contained nothing but filler. Several more contained "trace amounts" and the rest were very strong. Its easy to see how people OD if they grab a packet or two of the weak ones, decide its a low grade batch so they need to do more at a time, then grab more of the "hot" ones thinking they are the same as the ones they just tried.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Yup. I don't encounter narcotics arrests that often, and when I do I tend to pawn them off on someone who cares about that sort of thing and continue on with my robbery/shooting/stabbing investigation. However I ran into bindles of heroin on a recent search warrant and when they were tested, 3 contained nothing but filler. Several more contained "trace amounts" and the rest were very strong. Its easy to see how people OD if they grab a packet or two of the weak ones, decide its a low grade batch so they need to do more at a time, then grab more of the "hot" ones thinking they are the same as the ones they just tried.

Yep, it's a scary prospect. I don't want anyone to go out like that! Although big pharma has issues with hot batches from time to time too, and that's with billions worth of equipment!

Your edit came in just before I posted.

I figured, I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you (like usual :): )

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I hadn't noticed. ;)

Not relevant, but I'm dying to use it:
    72f2a_Movies_PIrrg.gif

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    A Mishawaka doc just got busted for selling prescriptions and involving a prostitute. Was big news for about 2 days. A couple of docs I work for were genuinely shocked.
    Didn't surprise be a bit.

Edit: The docs daughter was also arrested-you guess it, selling prescriptions.

Top Bottom