Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Ahhhhhh, back home after 3 days in Pittsburgh.....

I am always glad to come home, but especially glad whenever I leave Pittsburgh......

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm curious, in the welcome threads do people actually read them or just post their standard "welcome from" post and move on?

These threads are very welcoming, but for someone who is new to the site and not sure of the different areas (handguns/long guns/etc) that is their first chance to ask a question that never gets answered. Might turn them away as no one is really responding to their comment/question.

Example: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/introductions-greetings/380293-hello-fishers-area.html

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    But, the benefit of the whole east coast thing is GOOD Italian restaurants. There is a GREAT place right next to the Corporate hotel. If I lived close to there I would weigh 300 pounds........:drool:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    But, the benefit of the whole east coast thing is GOOD Italian restaurants. There is a GREAT place right next to the Corporate hotel. If I lived close to there I would weigh 300 pounds........:drool:

I like Italian food, but not as much as other stuff...I'd usually prefer a good southern BBQ place or a burger or something. The Mrs. is always shocked when I suggest we go to an Italian place for dinner.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I'm curious, in the welcome threads do people actually read them or just post their standard "welcome from" post and move on?

These threads are very welcoming, but for someone who is new to the site and not sure of the different areas (handguns/long guns/etc) that is their first chance to ask a question that never gets answered. Might turn them away as no one is really responding to their comment/question.

Example: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/introductions-greetings/380293-hello-fishers-area.html

Yep, your right Jagee. A bunch of posts and nobody addressed his question...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I like Italian food, but not as much as other stuff...I'd usually prefer a good southern BBQ place or a burger or something. The Mrs. is always shocked when I suggest we go to an Italian place for dinner.

Maybe you have never had goooooood Italian food. I have never had Italian in the midwest that compares to east coast Italian.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    That's possible. I am a big fan of food in general, though. I wont turn it down...

I have spent a good deal of time out east because of work. You just can't beat gooooood Italian food. On the other hand, you can't find good BarBQ out there with bloodhounds and a search warrant....

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have spent a good deal of time out east because of work. You just can't beat gooooood Italian food. On the other hand, you can't find good BarBQ out there with bloodhounds and a search warrant....

Yep, I've found a couple good places in TN for BBQ...there are also a couples places down the road from here that do a pretty good job with BBQ

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I mostly respond to ones in NWI, point out to them NWI events and threads.
    Sometimes I respond to ones like that.
    I didn't look, but did you point them out to an area or thread?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Yep, also why I don't eat seafood at a place in the Midwest. I lived in Florida for 14 years and got used to fresh seafood then. Only seafood we eat is home made where you can check the freshness before it's cooked.

When I worked for GE, the division headquarters was in North Carolina, Man, there is some gooooood BarBQ there....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom