• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Carl's got a new mommy! AND she can take care of business. By the way, how did Jesus get into the bedroom with Rick and Michone? Wouldn't the door be locked? Wouldn't want Carl to walk in on that, right? Who's watching the baby?

Sorry, I'm just excited that FINALLY Rick has made a good choice for a mate. Now if Darly would just get off his arse and go hook up with Carol...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They've always had a variable time to turn.
    Shane turned in a couple minutes if I remember.

To me Shane became "The Walking Dead" the minute he started tapping his best friends wife.....

My wife, who rarely watches the Walking Dead literally whooped when Rick and Michone hooked up...Rick better not F-this up worrying about "things" and "stuff"....He just needs to live a little.....I knew when she came out in that robe worrying about toothpaste it was coming...One thing I have noticed about Michone is that since they have gotten to Alexandria the "girly" side of her has surfaced more...

She has also seemed to find her funny bone.....

My favorite part of the episode was Eugene making the pitch for Sorghum....I thought that was funny as hell..."Think about it.."

The words of Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder came to mind....Well that and a Spike Lee film....

[video=youtube;CmALA8miQY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmALA8miQY8[/video]

Oh and Boston "More than a Feeling" is playing right before Michone comes out looking all demure in her robe and that little hand touch they did as he was leaving.....

Good times....I am happy.....

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To me Shane became "The Walking Dead" the minute he started tapping his best friends wife.....

To be fair to Shane, he thought Rick was dead. Hell, Rick was all about tapping the wife of a guy he beat up, and shot in the head.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    To be fair to Shane, he thought Rick was dead. Hell, Rick was all about tapping the wife of a guy he beat up, and shot in the head.

It made me think that she and Shane may have had something going before the outbreak....It seemed a little quick to just sort of start an affair six weeks into TEOTWAWKI.....I have no proof of that but there did seem to be some tension in their marriage before hand...IMHO...I have no proof....

I ain't going to lie to you Kut...I just didn't like Shane....:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It made me think that she and Shane may have had something going before the outbreak....It seemed a little quick to just sort of start an affair six weeks into TEOTWAWKI.....I have no proof of that but there did seem to be some tension in their marriage before hand...IMHO...I have no proof....

I ain't going to lie to you Kut...I just didn't like Shane....:)

In retrospect, I've started to like Shane more and more. He was the guy who "got it," well before anyone else. He understood what it took to survive. His frustrations with the group boiled over, because they never got up to speed. Look at how quickly Rick loses patience with people that don't "get it." He either beats them senseless, shoots, or abandons them. Shane would be proud.

Remember when Shane killed that kid in the woods, and Rick lost his ****? Do you think Rick would hesitate to do the same now?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    In retrospect, I've started to like Shane more and more. He was the guy who "got it," well before anyone else. He understood what it took to survive. His frustrations with the group boiled over, because they never got up to speed. Look at how quickly Rick loses patience with people that don't "get it." He either beats them senseless, shoots, or abandons them. Shane would be proud.

Remember when Shane killed that kid in the woods, and Rick lost his ****? Do you think Rick would hesitate to do the same now?

Point....You have got one...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Shane seemed to quick to throw members of the group under the bus.
    Shane was about Shane.
    Rick is about the group.

Well, there's a debate to be had there. I agree that Shane was more willing to throw members of the group under the bus than Rick. However, Shane and Rick dealt with two different versions of the group. Shane dealt with "for our humanity" group, and Rick deals with a group that has grown with him, only slightly less ruthless. If Rick is was where he was now, and the group like they were in their "quarry camp" days, I think he would have been Shane's equal, probably worse. He probably would've killed Merle outright, and Daryl (since they were brothers), beat or abandoned Dale, and taken over Herschel's farm outright. Surely nobody thinks this current Rick would've respected Herschel's property rights, if he had encountered that farm now?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Well, there's a debate to be had there. I agree that Shane was more willing to throw members of the group under the bus than Rick. However, Shane and Rick dealt with two different versions of the group. Shane dealt with "for our humanity" group, and Rick deals with a group that has grown with him, only slightly less ruthless. If Rick is was where he was now, and the group like they were in their "quarry camp" days, I think he would have been Shane's equal, probably worse. He probably would've killed Merle outright, and Daryl (since they were brothers), beat or abandoned Dale, and taken over Herschel's farm outright. Surely nobody thinks this current Rick would've respected Herschel's property rights, if he had encountered that farm now?

I don't ever see Rick killing someone in cold blood so he can get away, especially someone that has shown no animosity toward anyone. Nope. That was Shane.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't ever see Rick killing someone in cold blood so he can get away, especially someone that has shown no animosity toward anyone. Nope. That was Shane.

He most certainly killed that Atlanta officer, in cold blood, that he hit with the car, and then shot in the head.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    He most certainly killed that Atlanta officer, in cold blood, that he hit with the car, and then shot in the head.

I do get your point though - after he was already paralyzed and defenseless, he couldn't hurt anyone. Shane, however, just needed some food for the dead heads so he could get away. Completely selfish and criminal in anyone's book.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I do get your point though - after he was already paralyzed and defenseless, he couldn't hurt anyone. Shane, however, just needed some food for the dead heads so he could get away. Completely selfish and criminal in anyone's book.

I do wonder, if this current Rick wouldn't do the same. Carl had hours to live, and those meds were the only thing that could save him. One of the two would have to die. Do you think Rick would've been noble enough to sacrifice himself, so that Carl would live (Lori was still alive then too), or do you think THIS current Rick would make the command decision about who was the more useful (him)?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    What Atlanta Officer?
    I can't remember that one. (My memory sucks)

It was one where they kidnapped and tried to hold for ransom/exchange three officers for beth. The JBT did a whole bunch of lying and then knocked out one of the chicks and tried to run away. Rick chased him down in the cruiser and then ended him.

It was like one or two episodes before beth died.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It was one where they kidnapped and tried to hold for ransom/exchange three officers for beth. The JBT did a whole bunch of lying and then knocked out one of the chicks and tried to run away. Rick chased him down in the cruiser and then ended him.

It was like one or two episodes before beth died.

Ok. I remember now. Thanks.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Not remotely the same. Rick warned the officer to stop. And the officer was in a group that they were in direct conflict with already (had Beth ). Shane used the element of surprise to sacrifice someone who was supposedly on his team.

And as for the change in behavior: that in itself is true. But if you are going to live with a group, your moral compass has to point at least somewhat in the direction of the group.

I also haven't seen any behavior from Rick that would be similar to suggesting they take over Hershel's farm. I've never seen this group loot where people were already living. And on Sunday night's show, Rick made a point of not killing Jesus because he noted Jesus hadn't tried to kill them.

The show has had Rick go off his rocker a couple of times, but he's never gone full Shane.

Never go full Shane.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not remotely the same. Rick warned the officer to stop. And the officer was in a group that they were in direct conflict with already (had Beth ). Shane used the element of surprise to sacrifice someone who was supposedly on his team.

And as for the change in behavior: that in itself is true. But if you are going to live with a group, your moral compass has to point at least somewhat in the direction of the group.

I also haven't seen any behavior from Rick that would be similar to suggesting they take over Hershel's farm. I've never seen this group loot where people were already living. And on Sunday night's show, Rick made a point of not killing Jesus because he noted Jesus hadn't tried to kill them.

The show has had Rick go off his rocker a couple of times, but he's never gone full Shane.

Never go full Shane.

Well, he did list a possibility of taking over Alexandria, but that was if other options didn't work.
    From a food standpoint, Hershel's farm was great.
    From a defense standpoint, not so good.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Never go full Shane.

I'll ask this question again. Do you think if Rick had gone, as originally planned, and he ended up injured like Shane (knowing that his son's survival depended on him getting those meds to him), would he have sacrificed himself (and never know what happened to his son and wife)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom