Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And the son blaming the Mayor for causing the problems they have... well, where were his suggestions?
    What did he do?
    Always easy to sit back, and blame someone for the decisions you are unwilling to make.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    So I guess nobody here has DirecTV? The channel went dead at 9:40 and still isn't back on. No last 20 min. No talking dead, no 2nd airing. Every other channel around it is still broadcasting. I haven't checked to see if a transponder went down on a satellite. I can't find anything online about the dead channel. WTF???

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So I guess nobody here has DirecTV? The channel went dead at 9:40 and still isn't back on. No last 20 min. No talking dead, no 2nd airing. Every other channel around it is still broadcasting. I haven't checked to see if a transponder went down on a satellite. I can't find anything online about the dead channel. WTF???

Couldn't have picked a better episode to miss.

Overheard in the Walking Dead HQ:

"Oh, did someone remember to pay the writers for episode 5?"
    "I thought you did it."
    "I thought bob did it..."
    "Uh..."

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Unreal. It just popped back on during comic book men. It looks like there's a 3rd showing of TWD. Setting the DVR for that one. I guess I'll see the end tomorrow. Ugh!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

I have DTV and all was fine here. Got the full episode and TD after it was over. I get the occasional glitch where it will lose all it's memory and ability to back up. It just flickers the screen then all back up time is gone, like you just changed to that channel no matter how long you've actually been there. It did that about 5 minutes before the show started but nothing afterwords. Complained to DTV for over a year about it. They have no clue. HR24 receiver. Thinking about trying the edgecutter software again to see if that helps.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have DTV and all was fine here.... Thinking about trying the edgecutter software again to see if that helps.

Edgecutter... interesting. I had never heard of it. I worked for RCA (biggest stb provider for DTV) but have been gone for ~14 years now.

My ass is dragging today because I was still up and watched the ending. The sewer zombies were great!

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I WILL NEVER WATCH BADLANDS!
    I had already decided that due to the multitude of commercials and the stupid premise of a "banished gun" future. Now I'm doubling down because they are bumping Talking Dead next week, apparently thinking we will all watch Badlands while we stay up an hour later. NOT.

The attempted pantry raid...

Worked it out pretty well. But my solution probably would have been pulling a silenced pistol or drawing a knife, and announcing anyone stealing from the pantry would be dropped over the side into the walkers.

The funny thing is about the "pantry raid" is that this neighborhood is just now getting pushed to behave the way everyone else in this world did years ago. Rather symbolic of the whole I think.

So, anyone wonder if the kid Carl shoved wants to learn to shoot because he's changed, or cause he wants to kill Rick or Carl?
    Ron? Yeah, the actor even did a good job of putting a calculating look on his face. He's an apple fallen close to the tree.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Edgecutter... interesting. I had never heard of it. I worked for RCA (biggest stb provider for DTV) but have been gone for ~14 years now.

My ass is dragging today because I was still up and watched the ending. The sewer zombies were great!

Edgecutter is kind of like the beta software from DTV. Do a search for it and you should find a satellite forum (think it's called satelliteguys). They talk about it there. Lots of good tech support and installers there. There is a good amount of reading. Officially it's unsupported software and DTV will not talk about it, they won't even acknowledge it exists. You are told on the forum not to even mention it if you need to call them for anything. It's not third party software, it's from them. You enter a code to download and activate it, kind of like the skip/slip50 code. I ran it for a couple of years with no problems then had a HD start to act up. When I got the new receiver I forgot to install it again. I'll have to give it a try if I keep getting this "memory fart" on the DVR.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    This episode pretty much sucked .

I wonder if the same lame people write for this show as FTWD ?

Rick escapes and gets the girl . Yeah we knew that was gonna happen .

Her son feigns wanting to learn to shoot because why ? Yeah he's gonna get revenge for his father , who doesn't see this coming ?

Maggie's preggers ( bout time ) and apparently already going through mood swings . " No gay dude , you can't stop me (while stealing ammo ) from looking for Glenn " , " No gay dude , you can't go look for Glenn , No gay dude , we can't go look for Glenn . "

The town govnah wandering around unarmed "just after" the worst fight this neighborhood has had , apparently STILL doesn't get that you have to take out the brain and .

They WASTED a whole episode on how Morgan learns to use tree branches to beat people with , something he probably should've learned as a kid .

AND , AND Glenn is STILL MISSING !!!! WTF ?!

The "spoiler" even sucked . Daryl rides , then pushes his moter scooter through some barren burned out woodlands and then falls over . WTF ?!

This isn't suspense , it's garbage . The writers and directors have clearly embraced the phrase " embrace the suck " .

So much suckage , if I didn't already watch FTWD , I wouldn't think it were possible to have SO MUCH SUCKAGE in one episode .

Another thing , who's gonna watch that jankass , sword fighting garbage anyway !! The spoiler for that show sucked as well .

Ain't nobody wanna watch a bunch of swod fightin !!!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This episode pretty much sucked .

I wonder if the same lame people write for this show as FTWD ?

Rick escapes and gets the girl . Yeah we knew that was gonna happen .

Her son feigns wanting to learn to shoot because why ? Yeah he's gonna get revenge for his father , who doesn't see this coming ?

Maggie's preggers ( bout time ) and apparently already going through mood swings . " No gay dude , you can't stop me (while stealing ammo ) from looking for Glenn " , " No gay dude , you can't go look for Glenn , No gay dude , we can't go look for Glenn . "

The town govnah wandering around unarmed "just after" the worst fight this neighborhood has had , apparently STILL doesn't get that you have to take out the brain and .

They WASTED a whole episode on how Morgan learns to use tree branches to beat people with , something he probably should've learned as a kid .

AND , AND Glenn is STILL MISSING !!!! WTF ?!

The "spoiler" even sucked . Daryl rides , then pushes his moter scooter through some barren burned out woodlands and then falls over . WTF ?!

This isn't suspense , it's garbage . The writers and directors have clearly embraced the phrase " embrace the suck " .

So much suckage , if I didn't already watch FTWD , I wouldn't think it were possible to have SO MUCH SUCKAGE in one episode .

Another thing , who's gonna watch that jankass , sword fighting garbage anyway !! The spoiler for that show sucked as well .

Damnit MAN! Don't hold back. Tell us what ya really think!!! :)::stickpoke:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I expect a series to cycle from good to meh over the course of a season. Very few (Breaking Bad, The Wire) avoid it. I think because of the way that parallel story lines have been split out over a few episodes (Morgan, Alexandria, The March) it's likely that some of them will be less exciting than the others. Hopefully, it will pick up next week.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I'll probably tune in just to give it a whirl.
    I might be surprised...... or not want to get off the couch just yet because I'm waiting for talking dead.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I didn't think it was that bad. Sometimes you have to have a slow buildup. I was wondering if the wall would fail when they zoomed in at the end, though. It fails in the comics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom