Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just don't see the motivation for Beth doing what she did. What did she "get"? Am I obtuse, or was it just bad writing?

She didn't get anything.
    She sacrificed herself.
    She realized that woman would either never let Noah go, or create some other problem for the group.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just don't see the motivation for Beth doing what she did. What did she "get"? Am I obtuse, or was it just bad writing?

Bad writing. If the female cop wanted Noah, why did she let the exchanges go through? Once Rick's group had their people back (along with Noah still at their end of the tunnel), why didn't they just tell them to pound sand? I'm betting she wouldn't have risked a firefight in a hallway, over not having a "ward." And how come Rick, who has been full of uncompromising badassery, put on his mom jeans and was ok with giving up Noah? Noah risked his life to escape, helped the group, and obviously didn't want to go back, but Rick had no issue giving him up? Poor writing, for sure.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    But why would Rick fight to keep Noah? Sure, he helped them find Beth and Carol, but he had no attachment to the group other than that. If I were Rick I would have been okay with turning him loose too.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But why would Rick fight to keep Noah? Sure, he helped them find Beth and Carol, but he had no attachment to the group other than that. If I were Rick I would have been okay with turning him loose too.

Ricks' not that type of guy to abandon the unwilling, especially since he helped the group. Rule of thumb, is if Rick trusts you with a gun around the group, you're part of the group. At least that's how it was up until then.... then again, I missed something. Rick might be a racist. He was going to sell Michonne down the river too, lol.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Bad writing. If the female cop wanted Noah, why did she let the exchanges go through? Once Rick's group had their people back (along with Noah still at their end of the tunnel), why didn't they just tell them to pound sand? I'm betting she wouldn't have risked a firefight in a hallway, over not having a "ward." And how come Rick, who has been full of uncompromising badassery, put on his mom jeans and was ok with giving up Noah? Noah risked his life to escape, helped the group, and obviously didn't want to go back, but Rick had no issue giving him up? Poor writing, for sure.

Okay, good, at least I'm not the only one, heh. The fact that Rick's group had automatic rifles whereas the cops just had their sidearms had to be a pretty big force multiplier and you would think would make the cops second-guess Dawn's sudden addition to the deal.

She didn't get anything.
    She sacrificed herself.
    She realized that woman would either never let Noah go, or create some other problem for the group.

Beth said, "I get it now," hence my question, what did she 'get'.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Okay, good, at least I'm not the only one, heh. The fact that Rick's group had automatic rifles whereas the cops just had their sidearms had to be a pretty big force multiplier and you would think would make the cops second-guess Dawn's sudden addition to the deal.

Beth said, "I get it now," hence my question, what did she 'get'.

No there is something missing or I am not understanding. Why was Dawn so bad? Sure she was manipulative and she kept a ward/slave around. But was she all that bad? Seems some of the other rapist, abusive authority fueled cops were worse.

Also Rick basically murdered that guy in the opening scene.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He was untrustworthy, and untrustworthy in the zombie apocalypse equates to deadly. Plus, his back was broken (from him trying to escape, not from Rick trying to recapture him) and walkers were bearing down on their position, so it can be argued that Rick did him a mercy.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'm thinking Beth realized it was about to get bad and followed the first rule of any street fight - strike first.

I'm thinking Rick's group would have gotten the bad end of a gun fight in that hallway - all those cops were suited with armor, even the two they just turned loose. Once those two were at the other end of the hallway (extremely bad choice for Rick's group - parking lot wide open with my snipers still on the roof would have been my terms), in armor and armed, they were going to win that gun fight.

Had they stuck to Ricks original plan they'd likely have all their people including Beth and goodcop/badcop group would be done. AND they'd be stocking up on any supplies they needed from the hospital.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm thinking Beth realized it was about to get bad and followed the first rule of any street fight - strike first.

I'm thinking Rick's group would have gotten the bad end of a gun fight in that hallway - all those cops were suited with armor, even the two they just turned loose. Once those two were at the other end of the hallway (extremely bad choice for Rick's group - parking lot wide open with my snipers still on the roof would have been my terms), in armor and armed, they were going to win that gun fight.

Had they stuck to Ricks original plan they'd likely have all their people including Beth and goodcop/badcop group would be done. AND they'd be stocking up on any supplies they needed from the hospital.

Body armor vs rifles.... rifles win.... and every cop knows this.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah, Indiana got hosed tonight

Yeah, NORTHERN Indiana got hosed tonight....It's not that Southern Indiana people don't call into the show and stay stupid things...It's just they can't understand what we are saying so we never get on the air....:)

I got to say I was pretty pissed to see lil' Rick jr. hammering away on a nail with the butt of his weapon...Seriously????? I thought that stupid Hollywood trick went out in the 1960's with the Horse Opera's but there was Rick's mini me hammering boards up on a Church with the butt of his handgun....

That was a bit of fail and yes I know it's a show about reanimated corpses but that was just wrong...IMHO ofcourse and I will still be watching it because....Well..I don't really know why but I know I will....

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I already miss Beth.

xxx-walking-dead-beth-4041.jpg

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood

I agree with this. Beth saw Dawn pushing to stay in power constantly. There was a lot of violence from Dawn even it was not needed. I think Beth realized that Dawn and her cops would never have let Rick and the group leave that hospital.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom