Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are going to try and watch it this season. So much of what happens to those hapless soles is just a push. Much of the insanity they get into could be simply avoided but then, were would the drama be.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    We are going to try and watch it this season. So much of what happens to those hapless soles is just a push. Much of the insanity they get into could be simply avoided but then, were would the drama be.

True true, but it's addicting and fantastic to watch! It's one of the few shows I watch anymore and the tools look to be upgraded this year. :)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    True true, but it's addicting and fantastic to watch! It's one of the few shows I watch anymore and the tools look to be upgraded this year. :)

True, without drama there would be no show...that enough people would watch to keep it on the air.

However, I like when they bring into play scenarios I hadn't thought about. For instance, last season was a criminally mentally ill child...kill her? Leave her for the walkers? Chain her? Of course we know now what they chose to do, but what would I do?

Group dynamics. Who do you let in? How do you discern potential new group memebers? How big a group? What kind of decision making scheme does the group adopt?

This show is great for us Monday Quarterbacks that are quite sure we could do better (which of course I could). My son and I watch, then talk about what we'd do differently. It's fun. It's why people watch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True, without drama there would be no show...that enough people would watch to keep it on the air.

However, I like when they bring into play scenarios I hadn't thought about. For instance, last season was a criminally mentally ill child...kill her? Leave her for the walkers? Chain her? Of course we know now what they chose to do, but what would I do?

Group dynamics. Who do you let in? How do you discern potential new group memebers? How big a group? What kind of decision making scheme does the group adopt?

This show is great for us Monday Quarterbacks that are quite sure we could do better (which of course I could). My son and I watch, then talk about what we'd do differently. It's fun. It's why people watch.

That is true. It is a study in the group dynamic. In these scenarios who stays and who is rejected. How do you reject those who do not fit. Let them go out and gather strength only to hunt you down or just end them. What would I do.....:dunno:
    How much of a tender heart and your soul would be retained in such hardships.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    That is true. It is a study in the group dynamic. In these scenarios who stays and who is rejected. How do you reject those who do not fit. Let them go out and gather strength only to hunt you down or just end them. What would I do.....:dunno:
    How much of a tender heart and your soul would be retained in such hardships.

Wow - that's it exactly. Who has the courage or intestinal fortitude to do what must be done? Who's to say what "must be done"?

Some things they haven't discussed yet, most of those have to do with survival at the basic level. The show is much more about group dynamics than simple survival, but I wish they would do a little more of that. Long term fresh water, waste disposal, etc. Without manufacturing all batteries are done after about 7 years - light sources and things that require batteries will be useless, vehicles that require a battery to run or start are useless... Where's the ammunition coming from? Talk about it. Military ammunition under the right conditions last a very long time, but eventually someone's going to have to realize and learn how to make ammunition. Perhaps more emphasis on non-firearms defense - traps, barriers, dogs, topology (I would have already migrated to the mountains)...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Wow - that's it exactly. Who has the courage or intestinal fortitude to do what must be done? Who's to say what "must be done"?

Some things they haven't discussed yet, most of those have to do with survival at the basic level. The show is much more about group dynamics than simple survival, but I wish they would do a little more of that. Long term fresh water, waste disposal, etc. Without manufacturing all batteries are done after about 7 years - light sources and things that require batteries will be useless, vehicles that require a battery to run or start are useless... Where's the ammunition coming from? Talk about it. Military ammunition under the right conditions last a very long time, but eventually someone's going to have to realize and learn how to make ammunition. Perhaps more emphasis on non-firearms defense - traps, barriers, dogs, topology (I would have already migrated to the mountains)...

I was thinking coast line or island. Fish for food and a natural defense from walkers...I guess they can walk along the bottom of the body of water but still...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I was thinking coast line or island. Fish for food and a natural defense from walkers...I guess they can walk along the bottom of the body of water but still...

That was my son's idea. An island is defendable, the right one would have a fresh water supply, intruders are easily spotted, year round growing season, hogs are on most islands as well as goats - endless supply of meat year around, etc. All you need is a strong group, weapons, some survival skills and a boat.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Little spoiler alert, but in the comics they setup an ammo reloading center when they get settled in DC.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

These issues are not addressed at length as they would put the average viewer to sleep. When they went to that haven where they were herded to a rail car by live fire. No ricochets and a serious waste of ammunition. Way to much of that kind of thing to keep me glued.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    You ever tried that.....:)

Me? No. But I have to breathe air to live. If I recall correctly, there was one episode when there was a walker walking across the bottom of a lake or something...not sure the walkers would make it along the bottom of the ocean but a lake or river or something might be plausible. (Assuming Zombies are real and all)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom